Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: L-tyrosin and L-Dopa

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member

L-tyrosin and L-Dopa

What are you guys thoughts on l-tyrosin and L-Dopa for mood enhancement and gh release as well?

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    What are you guys thoughts on l-tyrosin and L-Dopa for mood enhancement and gh release as well?
    L-dopa.

Don't play with that shit.

Watch "awakenings" with robin Williams and Robert deniro
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Drop levodopa. It's hard for the molecule to reach the brain. It quickly gets converted peripherally, the more with chronic administration.

L-tyrosine might give you a brief boost if taken occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Drop levodopa. It's hard for the molecule to reach the brain. It quickly gets converted peripherally, the more with chronic administration.

L-tyrosine might give you a brief boost if taken occasionally.
    I was always under the impression that dopamine is hard to transport past the bbb thats why L-Dopa is used because it uses the necessary transporter and converts later to dopamine, i could be wrong though.

I haven't taken the tyrosine in a long time actually because i really didn't notice any difference when i was taking it... honestly i just want to see if anyone has had any experience with the 2 and any benefits or if its just bs. I know the timing has to be right as there is a priority to amino acids, but I'm really interested in the gh boost that studies have shown and wonder if this is significant enough to supplement with on cycle for that little extra edge or if again its just bullshit

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How did you get Ldopa?!

I was always under the impression that dopamine is hard to transport past the bbb thats why L-Dopa is used because it uses the necessary transporter and converts later to dopamine, i could be wrong though.

I haven't taken the tyrosine in a long time actually because i really didn't notice any difference when i was taking it... honestly i just want to see if anyone has had any experience with the 2 and any benefits or if its just bs. I know the timing has to be right as there is a priority to amino acids, but I'm really interested in the gh boost that studies have shown and wonder if this is significant enough to supplement with on cycle for that little extra edge or if again its just bullshit
    I claim BS on the GH boosting. Maybe whole mucuna powder might have credibility, it's worth to take a look at pubmed.

Tyrosine I've used it countless times and only rarely felt something from it, at high dosages (2-4g).

You are correct that dopamine won't cross the BBB but levodopa will have an hard time too because it's rapidly metabolized on oral administration. You might notice it's effect indeed in the start but they are going to even out as enzimes are upregulated by its presence into circulation.

In every case the impact on GH secretion is going to be minimal, imo.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I claim BS on the GH boosting. Maybe whole mucuna powder might have credibility, it's worth to take a look at pubmed.

Tyrosine I've used it countless times and only rarely felt something from it, at high dosages (2-4g).

You are correct that dopamine won't cross the BBB but levodopa will have an hard time too because it's rapidly metabolized on oral administration. You might notice it's effect indeed in the start but they are going to even out as enzimes are upregulated by its presence into circulation.

In every case the impact on GH secretion is going to be minimal, imo.
    Thats what i wanted to know thanks, I've read countless studies and they are all conflicting some good some bad and i was taking both a while back and saw the bottles and had this thought that maybe the effects being enhanced while on cycle, mainly the gh release increase. In my mind i knew the answer already but i had to ask you know lol
    Last edited by Richard Cabeza; 03-13-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    How did you get Ldopa?!
    It's sold everywhere, dopamine not so easy to get Ldopa is sold in every nutrition/vitamin store you can think of

Just realized mine is the mucuna with 120mg L-Dopa, I think i actually bought that because when i researched it the mucuna puriens or whatever actually showed some significant benefits in studies and i saw L-Dopa and figured why not ... long story short it didn't do much of anything so i abandoned it

L-tyrosin and L-Dopa-20170313_193715.jpg

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've tried some pure l dopa and experienced some weird shit.
    Got 50grams in the drawer so I'm sure gone experiment some more with it,
    but it seems like a dead end. Even if you add carbidopa to inhibit peripheral break down, I'm not sure this is so good to play with.
    Also noticed some slight hallucinations one time I took it,
    it was just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    I've tried some pure l dopa and experienced some weird shit.
    Got 50grams in the drawer so I'm sure gone experiment some more with it,
    but it seems like a dead end. Even if you add carbidopa to inhibit peripheral break down, I'm not sure this is so good to play with.
    Also noticed some slight hallucinations one time I took it,
    it was just weird.
    Agreed that is not something to mess with. Peripheral AADC inhibitors too have their ugly sides.

I have about 100g of 99% levodopa left in a sachet stored somewhere.

Haven't experimented many times with it but those few I did I got a marked improvement in cognitive, mood, and motor functioning, however very short lived, lasting less than a couple hrs. When coupled with selegiline perhaps it extended to 6-8 hrs.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Why are you guys messing with parkinson's main medication??
    RaginCajun and PT1982 like this.

Thread Information