Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By F4iGuy

Thread: "Many Americans taking too much vitamin D

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member

"Many Americans taking too much vitamin D

Not one, single, solitary mention of blood work analysis as a portion of this "study." They only quantified 1) how many people took D in greater than 1000iu dose and 2) how took a dose greater than 4000iu.

IMO, totally worthless study for the purposes of stating that "many Americans" are taking too much. I know from BW that I have to take 5000iu at a minimum to maintain an optimal level, and in the winter I bump that to 10000iu.

Many Americans Taking Too Much Vitamin D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Its probably complete bull and no study or census was taken. Most cotributors to news orgs like that have to produce a story and they stay out late and party just like the rest of us. Then they pull something out of their ass. Lots of mainstream news orgs have been caught ewith contributors coming up with totally bogus stories (especially touching and inspirational stories) and thats why 80% of the links off social media are complete satire. Just my opinion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    They really should have quantified their statement with some kind of group studies and labs. I take 5,000iu Vitamin D daily and my last labs had me at 64.1ng/mL on a scale of 30-100ng/mL.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I don't know if your post is directed at me, Sil, but if the amount I take puts me at midrange of the recommended range, you make a poor argument with your blanket statement that 1000iu is sufficient.
    Also, I will not argue the issue or post further in response to you. The dosage and lab value I posted speaks for itself.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    They really should have quantified their statement with some kind of group studies and labs. I take 5,000iu Vitamin D daily and my last labs had me at 64.1ng/mL on a scale of 30-100ng/mL.
    I also take 5k iu daily and tested at 65ng/mL
    almostgone and OdinsOtherSon like this.

Thread Information