Heinzanova is offline New Member

Question A day in the life of suppliments, help!

I have been working out for about a good year solid now, and I am seeing results from all natural gains; I have also been lurking as a guest of the forums for a good time now.

I have searched the archives and have founds lots of great information but I was wondering if anyone ever came up with "the definative" plan for supplements.

My question is, I have Protien, Glutemine, and Creatine (Monohydrate from GNC just plain unflavored), and My question is when should I be taking these products and at what levels?

I work out everyday, I have a three day cicle that I repeat every three days which target Chest,Back,Legs as main groups and each day has a few sets of smaller muscle groups with the larger ones to give me a total all around work out.

I usually lift in the evenings, I do 10 Minutes of cardio before then 30 minutes after my work out. When should I be taking my suppliments?

Also could someone clarify for me the exact differances between the Creatine Monohydrate that i have and the other ones avaible. I heard that the monohydrate is really hard on the liver compared to the syrums.... is this true, if so should I switch to a liquid?

Also I have started taking 1-AD, is it ok to take that and Creatine at the same time? I also have other items (Milk Thistle, Alpha Liptic Acid, and MultiVitamins (milk thistle was for when I almost tryed an AS, the ALA I was told I should take by someone at the gym)).

Thanks in advance.

Warren
    JBA, Stroudsburg
    Last edited by Heinzanova; 06-25-2003 at 12:35 PM.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Creatine 5g every day... some (including me) load it during the first week at 20g each day... the whole creatine use cycle should be about 6wks total. Take the 5g after workout and with some low GI sugars because insulin will help to push the creatine into muscle cells. If you choose to load it, avoid taking a serving without food or before bed; creatine causes stomach upset in many people. I know I got terrible heartburn one night when I took it right before lying down.

Here's an excellent creatine article:
    http://www.stanford.edu/group/hopes/..._creatine.html

I have not used glutamine yet, but glutamine is best used by many at 20 or 30g per day broken up into a few servings. One of those servings should be post workout, and some of the other popular times are pre workout and before bed.

For ALA, I have not taken that either, but know that 200-600mg each day is the popular dose. It is a good supp and can increase insulin sensitivity. Some take it year round, and some only while on cycle. You will have to do your own research.

For how to use whey, there is no real recommended amount. It's just protein and helps you get your daily protein intake up. I use a scoop in my oatmeal or cereal, and a three scoop shake about an hour after workout, but everyone has different protein needs. Just work it into your diet plan to keep protein high.

For the creatine, glutamine, and whey (some types of proteins are better for certain things, but typically whey conc is pretty much whey conc), I think cheapest is usually best. I get fine results off of generic creatine monohydrate which is like $20/1000g, and I use whey which is low priced also... I have heard the same of glutamine.

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    I have never heard creatine can be liver toxic, since creatine is found in small amounts in red meat, it is a natural substance in the body. The only thing I would be concerned with is the kidney's, of course if your not drinking enough water, that will cause kidney problems, you should drink plenty of water during the day, and you should not have any problems.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Crap... that link I posted got screwed up because this board always tries to hyperlink every time it sees creatine , protein, etc...

Here is the link again (click on it, then delete the * out of the URL and then hit enter again):

http://www.stanford.edu/group/hopes/...crea*tine.html

What the gist of it basically is is that creatine is proven safe in the short term, but long term is not well known. That is why I use it 6wks at a time and recommended than above.

As far as powder vs serum, fawk serum IMO.. big waste of $... monohydrate works fine and won't harm you. Again, read the Stanford link.
    Last edited by Feli Fly; 06-26-2003 at 03:48 PM.

Heinzanova is offline New Member
    Thanks alot for the information, I will read that artical tonight.

BTW good idea putting protein in the oatmeal never thought of that.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I wouldn't take the liquid creatine, man, I took it for a month and didnt see any difference at all. Expensive as hell too.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Basically if you want to stay natural I have went with
    1. Good multivitamin
    2. Creatine
    3. Glutamine
    4. Plenty of good quality protein
    5. And if your over 25 or at a plateau you could try a pro-h I just started

Thread Information