ConantheBunino is offline New Member

Abdominal muscle spasms, debilitating

Hey guys. I was only about 50 crunches in and my abs felt like they were twisting inside my stomach.

I could see the muscles bulge out randomly as the spasms traveled around my stomach. They were comparable to contractions, I believe... But I'm a guy, so I don't know.

It all went away in about two minutes and I called it a night, but it was bad enough for me to take a knee and even bad enough to have the owner of the gym come over and monitor me.

I took a shit shortly thereafter and felt slightly better.

My abs are sore today, but not terrible. A little gastric distress.

What's going on here?
    Last edited by ConantheBunino; 06-12-2018 at 09:23 AM.

David LoPanno is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ConantheBunino View Post
    Hey guys. I was only about 50 crunches in and my abs felt like they were twisting inside my stomach.

I could see the muscles bulge out randomly as the spasms traveled around my stomach. They were comparable to contractions, I believe... But I'm a guy, so I don't know.

It all went away in about two minutes and I called it a night, but it was bad enough for me to take a knee and even bad enough to have the owner of the gym come over and monitor me.

I took a shit shortly thereafter and felt slightly better.

My abs are sore today, but not terrible. A little gastric distress.

What's going on here?
    I get those abs Charlie horses. They sucks bad. For me it's usually due to low potassium or dehydration. I now take a potassium pill am and pm and during the summer I try to eat an avocado daily.

Your abs are like any other muscle and the can Charlie or spasm. Worst part it's hard to find a position to relieve it. Gesture of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Up your water in take.......... Tap your head and rub your stomach in a circular motion simultaneously lol......

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have been experiencing this since teenage and sets in only after a few reps, think 10 or less. Still have to find a solution...

Thread Information