Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    JohnnyV85's Avatar
    JohnnyV85 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    188

    Cutting + Creatine

    Im 2 shots into my first cycle and I started supplementing with creatine monohydrate a few days ago. My goal for this cycle is to drop as much bf% as possible. Im currently around 16%. I have my macros and training all dialed in. My questions is this. What impact will creatine have on me being able to accomplish my goal? Im on my 3rd or 4th day of creatine and Im drinking around 2 gals of water daily. The bloat is real! How can retaining all this water impact my goal of dropping the most amount of fat possible while on cycle?

  2. #2
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,273
    creatine helps store "inter cellular' water retention and produce ATP (energy for muscle). creatine is a 'nutrient' found in food (even though its sold as a "supplement"). its not going to cause extra cellular bloat on its own. the only way it can make you feel bloated is if you take too much and case gastric distress . 3-5g a day is all you need. taking it with fast acting carbs will help its absorption into cells.

    having stronger, fuller, and more 'energetic' muscles should help you with your goals, not hinder them. and again it shouldn't cause "bloat"

  3. #3
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV85 View Post
    Im 2 shots into my first cycle and I started supplementing with creatine monohydrate a few days ago. My goal for this cycle is to drop as much bf% as possible. Im currently around 16%. I have my macros and training all dialed in. My questions is this. What impact will creatine have on me being able to accomplish my goal? Im on my 3rd or 4th day of creatine and Im drinking around 2 gals of water daily. The bloat is real! How can retaining all this water impact my goal of dropping the most amount of fat possible while on cycle?
    Use it year round - one of the few supplements that has been proven due to the density of studies on it (second only to caffeine). 3-5grams. Only ingredient on the label should be creative monohydrate.

    Should only cost you $20-30 for a year supply. When you see a good sale buy another for the following year.
    Eat like a King. Sleep like a Queen. Train like a Prince. Build your Kingdom.

  4. #4
    JohnnyV85's Avatar
    JohnnyV85 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    creatine helps store "inter cellular' water retention and produce ATP (energy for muscle). creatine is a 'nutrient' found in food (even though its sold as a "supplement"). its not going to cause extra cellular bloat on its own. the only way it can make you feel bloated is if you take too much and case gastric distress . 3-5g a day is all you need. taking it with fast acting carbs will help its absorption into cells.

    having stronger, fuller, and more 'energetic' muscles should help you with your goals, not hinder them. and again it shouldn't cause "bloat"
    Ive been taking about 15g for the last few days to expedite the "loading" phase; I read that somewhere. Ill drop it to 5g and hopefully feel and look less bloated.
    I dont feel gastric distress, I feel full of water and look it throughout my entire body and most evidently in my midsection. Thanks

  5. #5
    JohnnyV85's Avatar
    JohnnyV85 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    Use it year round - one of the few supplements that has been proven due to the density of studies on it (second only to caffeine). 3-5grams. Only ingredient on the label should be creative monohydrate.

    Should only cost you $20-30 for a year supply. When you see a good sale buy another for the following year.
    Thats exactly what I did, It was like $5 and some change on bb dot com for 400g. Went and bout 10 of them.

    How much water do you intake? I carry a ridiculous 2gal jug with me everywhere I go, its like my child. I should name it. If I dont drink that much water Im dying from cramps, my lips get all jacked up and my hands too.

  6. #6
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV85 View Post
    Thats exactly what I did, It was like $5 and some change on bb dot com for 400g. Went and bout 10 of them.

    How much water do you intake? I carry a ridiculous 2gal jug with me everywhere I go, its like my child. I should name it. If I dont drink that much water Im dying from cramps, my lips get all jacked up and my hands too.
    As I increase weightlifting intensity or cardio or frequency of training my fluid intake will also increase. Conversely, my rest day will have less water consumption.

    I don't track my water intake religiously anymore as it became ad naseum for me. However, I go through 1 shaker bottle worth of water (24oz) per meal (6.5meals) - 1 bottle during cardio in AM, 1 during weights, 1 in the morning before cardio, and usually about 2-3 worth throughout the day. Call it 240ish ounces.

    If you are getting muscle cramping I would investigate your sodium intake. Lack of electrolytes can cause muscle cramping and soreness. A hard exercise routine is going to deplete electrolytes (ie from sweating) at a higher rate than water leaving your system
    Eat like a King. Sleep like a Queen. Train like a Prince. Build your Kingdom.

  7. #7
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV85 View Post
    Ive been taking about 15g for the last few days to expedite the "loading" phase; I read that somewhere. Ill drop it to 5g and hopefully feel and look less bloated.
    I dont feel gastric distress, I feel full of water and look it throughout my entire body and most evidently in my midsection. Thanks
    I thought loading was no longer recommended or necessary with modern formulas? I could be mistaken and it might make a difference if you are on cycle. That loading phase was always hell for me - my belly sounded like Satan and... well, lets just say it got worse from there.

  8. #8
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I thought loading was no longer recommended or necessary with modern formulas? I could be mistaken and it might make a difference if you are on cycle. That loading phase was always hell for me - my belly sounded like Satan and... well, lets just say it got worse from there.
    I should also point out that I get a large part of my supplement knowledge either through personal trial and error or more commonly through examine.com . I have no clue if they are considered legit, but they seem to be unbiased and an aggregator of published report data.

  9. #9
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I thought loading was no longer recommended or necessary with modern formulas? I could be mistaken and it might make a difference if you are on cycle. That loading phase was always hell for me - my belly sounded like Satan and... well, lets just say it got worse from there.
    most steroids already do what creatine does and help up regulate creatine phosphate and all that goes into the production of ATP . so in essence when your on a cycle, taking creatine is redundant. Creatine is going to help out a natty lifter (or especially a natty vegan) way more then someone on gear.

    note: Anavar is one steroid that does what creatine does to an even further and more exaggerated level. Var is going to greatly increase you ability to produce ATP. one reason why its a great 'sport performance' compound

  10. #10
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    most steroids already do what creatine does and help up regulate creatine phosphate and all that goes into the production of ATP . so in essence when your on a cycle, taking creatine is redundant. Creatine is going to help out a natty lifter (or especially a natty vegan) way more then someone on gear.

    note: Anavar is one steroid that does what creatine does to an even further and more exaggerated level. Var is going to greatly increase you ability to produce ATP. one reason why its a great 'sport performance' compound
    This is good info. Funny you should mention anavar . Years ago, probably about the time I discovered powerliftingusa magazine (blast from the past), I took an interest in var 'if I ever did a cycle'. I think current wisdom says to avoid var as a first cycle and I still haven't expereminted personally with AAS, but who knows what tomorrow might bring?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •