Thread: Collagen powder

cgeorgemeow is offline Junior Member

Collagen powder

Anyone use collegan powder and what type brand?

CR500 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgeorgemeow View Post
    Anyone use collegan powder and what type brand?
    I have used a few different Australian brands but have always made sure to include type 2 collagen as well as the much more common type 1&3 collagen which is what 95% of the collagen you see for sale will be.
    The type 2, or chicken collagen is supposed to be better for cartilage than the regular type 1&3 collagen which still has other benefits.
    I am 53 years old and have a few sore and worn out joints which is why i have been trying collagen for a few years on and off. Every now and then I will sort of forget to get a new tub of collagen when I run out and after a few weeks or a month or so, i start to slowly start to get joint pain more often. Once I start taking it again, ir does take quite a while to start noticing any improvements, so dont expect a quick fix.
    After not taking any since gyms shut down in March, I am now starting to feel its absence, joints getting a little stiff, so today I ordered a tub of type 2 and tub of type 1&3 collagen, as well as a tub containing MSM, Glucosamine and chondroitin as i have started getting sore joints again since returning to the gym.

It was recommended to me not to combine the different powders, but to take them at different times of day.

Thread Information