Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member

Pro-Rated protein not sealed upon delivery

my pro-rated protein (chocolate) just came in tonight from allsportsnutrition and the seal was halfway torn, and there was some protein powder sitting on top of the seal...should i be concerned and send it back? or do you think i should just not worry about the seal and start taking it?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I've had this happen to me once before. The package gets tossed all around during shipping. I used mine with no problem but I would pm JAson just to let him know. They'll take care of ya.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    You shouldn't have any problems with it bro, but if you are concerned about it at all, you can always call me from 10 AM - 7 PM Central time at 877-460-1704 ext #1 and I will find the best solution to take care of the situation. I will let you know how products are handled, packed, etc... and the exact procedures if you don't want to use that container. I always take care of our customers, you can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    You shouldn't have any problems with it bro, but if you are concerned about it at all, you can always call me from 10 AM - 7 PM Central time at 877-460-1704 ext #1 and I will find the best solution to take care of the situation. I will let you know how products are handled, packed, etc... and the exact procedures if you don't want to use that container. I always take care of our customers, you can count on that.

well, it kinda bothers me, but i'm out of protein and this is all i got, don't wanna wait to return it and get another jug

it still seems 'fresh' (though i probably wouldn't be able to tell if it wasn't), so if you guys think it's alright then i guess i'll dig in

Was the plastic ring around the outside broken open or was it the paper seal under the lid???? On mine the paper seal under the lid is loose 9 times out of 10 and that's buying it anywhere. As long as thatt plastic ring outside the lid was secure it should be ok. Besides Jason said he'd take care of ya and they will.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would just use it.

I will give everyone a brief procedural detail of the way we handle the Pro-Rated Protein.

All of our Pro-Rated is ordered directly from the company in Pallete (?sp) form. It arrives to us with the palletes wrapped in plastic and still on the crate. We transfer the palletes in the warehouse and they continue to be stored, unopened in their original box. When we have an order for yours to be shipped, we take the box, open it, double check the contents inside to make sure that we have the right flavor protein or transfer the protein from its original box directly to the box it is being shipped in (it depends on the size of the order). After this it goes to one other person, often times I am that other person, and it is double checked for accuracy to make sure it is what you ordered, all lids are screwed on tight, and make sure it is packed properly for shipment. The package is then taped and shipped. So your jar of protein is never touched my more than 2 people after it leaves the manufacturer. The one who boxes it, and someone to double check it.

You have no worries my friend, I can assure you that no one has tampered with it.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    my pro-rated protein (chocolate) just came in tonight from allsportsnutrition and the seal was halfway torn, and there was some protein powder sitting on top of the seal...should i be concerned and send it back? or do you think i should just not worry about the seal and start taking it?
    Do not worry. I would just use it.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    I will give everyone a brief procedural detail of the way we handle the Pro-Rated Protein.

All of our Pro-Rated is ordered directly from the company in Pallete (?sp) form. It arrives to us with the palletes wrapped in plastic and still on the crate. We transfer the palletes in the warehouse and they continue to be stored, unopened in their original box. When we have an order for yours to be shipped, we take the box, open it, double check the contents inside to make sure that we have the right flavor protein or transfer the protein from its original box directly to the box it is being shipped in (it depends on the size of the order). After this it goes to one other person, often times I am that other person, and it is double checked for accuracy to make sure it is what you ordered, all lids are screwed on tight, and make sure it is packed properly for shipment. The package is then taped and shipped. So your jar of protein is never touched my more than 2 people after it leaves the manufacturer. The one who boxes it, and someone to double check it.

You have no worries my friend, I can assure you that no one has tampered with it.
    Its nice to see someone who truly takes pride in the quality of service provided...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Was the plastic ring around the outside broken open or was it the paper seal under the lid???? On mine the paper seal under the lid is loose 9 times out of 10 and that's buying it anywhere. As long as thatt plastic ring outside the lid was secure it should be ok. Besides Jason said he'd take care of ya and they will.

...there was no plastic ring around the outside and the paper seal was not loose, the middle part was pushed down and broken in

...there was no plastic ring around the outside and the paper seal was not loose, the middle part was pushed down and broken in
    Bro, not to alarm you, but the jug will not leave our warehouse without a plastic ring around it. I don't allow anything to be shipped unless it is properly sealed. Did the box look like it might have been opened and resealed?

Hhhmmmmm..... I wouldn't use it. there should have been like a plastic wrapper or whatever ya want to call it around the lid and than the paper seal under the cap.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    sounds like the mailman "American Pied" your protein jug, if that paper over the container wasnt broken i would sure as hell would have dug in. but since its been broken in like that, i dont think i'd use it. thats just me, i'm paranoid like that
    Last edited by Yung Wun; 07-28-2003 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Wun
    i'm paranoid like that
    No, he really is a sckitzo!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i thought we agreed you wouldnt talk about me and my hobbies on the board, that was only a one time deal. i was curious

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    No plastic ring = No use

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    No plastic ring = No use

okay well in that case, jason is there any way i can send it back and get a 5lb replacement jug?

Bro, not to alarm you, but the jug will not leave our warehouse without a plastic ring around it. I don't allow anything to be shipped unless it is properly sealed. Did the box look like it might have been opened and resealed?
    not that i remember...i didn't really think to take notice of things like that because i had no reason to. it only took 2 days to get here from the time of order.

Bound for Muscle, you need to call us about this instead of us going back and forth on a thread. Call us at 877-460-1704.

Hey Bound, don't let this discourage you about using ALLSPORTS.... I have never had a problem with them except once and it was actually a problem with fedex not them. Anyways they'll take care of ya.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey Bound, don't let this discourage you about using ALLSPORTS.... I have never had a problem with them except once and it was actually a problem with fedex not them. Anyways they'll take care of ya.
    Trying to get a discount?

SSHHhhhhhh...... dammit don't give me away.

Yeah, that's the thing man. I know we didn't ship it like that. i don't know why he would receive it like that.

frank rizzo is offline Junior Member
    bound for muscle, i wouldnt use it. the same thing happened to me and was told it was fine to use. every time i used it, it caused diarrhea. they did not take it back however. i will not go into further detail on this thread because i am not sure if it was them or the carrier who was at fault, but i am by no means completely satisfied with the end result even after placing a repeat order.

okay, well after a quick phone call i was told that it is normal for the 'sealed for your protection' foil seal to be punched in because the pressure changes from it going over mountains will cause it to be sucked in???

i can't honestly remember if there was a plastic ring around it or not, i wish i had noticed

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't use it if the seal was punched in. It's not worth the risk for the price it costs to replace it.

Thread Information