Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By limalex

Thread: Make my own pills

limalex is offline New Member

Make my own pills

Hey Guys,

I am considering to start making my own pills. However I would like to do it right from the beginning.
    I would need some experienced members advice here.

For example I would like to blend my sups and make capsules for empty stomach, Pre workout, Post workout, During day and before bed

All categories would include multiple supplements in powder form but with different density and amount required

Let say Pre workout contains (A1000mg+B1500mg+C600mg+D300mg)/day I would measure a weekly amount A+B+C+D and distribute them equally in a 00 capsule let say 4x00/day over 6 days.

I guessing some kind of electric herb grinder or milling machine would work, but I hoping other members have an already tested and working method.

What would be the best affordable method to do this?
    Last edited by limalex; 10-29-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by limalex View Post
    What would be the best affordable method to do this?
    Any reason why a large bowl and spoon wouldn't work as a makeshift mortar and pestle?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Any reason why a large bowl and spoon wouldn't work as a makeshift mortar and pestle?
    Honestly I am not sure. It sounds very simple, but I doubt it would distribute the correct amounts evenly. It might work on a daily basis with less amount of supps, but preparing the pills a week in advance would be my goal.

Am I over complicate it?

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by limalex View Post
    Honestly I am not sure. It sounds very simple, but I doubt it would distribute the correct amounts evenly. It might work on a daily basis with less amount of supps, but preparing the pills a week in advance would be my goal.

Am I over complicate it?
    Man, that hits the nail on the end with my concerns about any blended supplement powders. I like your idea of a herb grinder, but you might want to pass the mix through several times to ensure it is fully blended. Maybe a small food processor or blender would work too, if you could set the speed low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Man, that hits the nail on the end with my concerns about any blended supplement powders. I like your idea of a herb grinder, but you might want to pass the mix through several times to ensure it is fully blended. Maybe a small food processor or blender would work too, if you could set the speed low enough.
    Well I like to think the Supplement manufacturers and Pharma companies do it right or at least the companies do the subcontract work to them do it right.
    I already found huge very expensive machines for blending and micronising and companies offering the service exactly what I need, but on a bigger scale.So that is not my option

I guess I need to do a bit more research and start experimenting or stuck with the ordinary method and capsulate all the 14 compounds individually.

Thread Information