yankees42885 is offline New Member

need some advice

i am almost 19 and have been lifting for about 2 1/2 yrs and have seen very lil gains.. i have maintained a healthy diet and a good workout, however, muscle is almost impossible for me to build... i have tried creatine/protein and am still currently on them with no effects.. acoording to someone at the gym there are some people who do not respond from creatine at all.. i have tried cell tech, track, and every type of creatine there prob is.. i am starting to think there is something wrong with me and thinking that maybe i should start using a prohormone for accelerated growth for a lil while just so i can actually see gains.. i am interested in T-100 to boost my testerosterone levels (even though they are prob high anyways due to my age) so that an increase in muscle takes place... all i can say is that i work my ass off and its not fun when some of ur friends who never lift in their life look almost as good as u do.. just need some help fellas... thanx

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    what's you diet/training look like? you may be working your ass off, but you may be doing the wrong things. not saying you are, just give me some insight on what you do and i'll be able to help you out alot more.

--hawk

ok right now my iet looks like this
    meal 1- egg beaters(30grams of protein worth), 2 whole wheat eng muffins, rice cake
    meal 2- Turkey sandwich on crunchy grain bread (lots of turkey 1/2pound). pb crackers
    meal 3- protein shake (2 scoops), rice cakes
    meal 4- lean meat, beans,salad
    meal 5- protein bar (30 g), chicken breast

my workout looks like this
    mon-chest/tris
    wed- back and bis
    fri- shoulders/calves
    sat-legs

i have changed my workout several times, doing things on diff day, and doing diff exercises in a diff order but nutin seems to work..

Yung Wun is offline Member
    whats ur stats, you might not be eating enough.
    dont worry bout supps, those things are juss suppose to assist u. but if you aint eating right & not gettin nuff rest, supps aint gonna help u

my stats are 5'9 155lbs.. obviously trying to gain weight.. but wanna gain lean weight not fat.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    its gonna be hard if you strictly wanna gain lean mass wit out any fat, you definately need to tack on sum more carbs &protein.try taking in at least 1.3-1.5grams of protein per pound, and up the carbs

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees42885
    meal 1- egg beaters(30grams of protein worth), 2 whole wheat eng muffins, rice cake
    meal 2- Turkey sandwich on crunchy grain bread (lots of turkey 1/2pound). pb crackers
    Your problem is DEFINATELY diet. Rice cakes??@!. Why are you eating rice cakes??! Your diet is lacking BIG time in calories. Get some oatmeal...oatmeal is your best friend right now. I would add a cup of oatmeal to all of your meals slowly over a 4 week period. Protein intake looks ok, but I would swap out the turkey with some chicken breast or tuna. Also you need a post workout shake if your not having one already. Dextrose from www.supplmentdirect.com and 2 scoops of your protein powder right after workout. Then eat a real meal an hour later.

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Yank,
    you got to be eaten a shitload of rice and potatoes......high protein along with high carbs....you'll put on weight. Always eat right before bed time.......If you want to be hardcore eat during the middle of the night.

When I was in my early 20's I used to have a little frig in my bedroom.....I always had a weight gain drink ready to go in the middle of the night.......after I took a piss I would chug the drink then fall back to sleep.......when you can always takes naps too bro

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees42885

my workout looks like this
    mon-chest/tris
    wed- back and bis
    fri- shoulders/calves
    sat-legs

i have changed my workout several times, doing things on diff day, and doing diff exercises in a diff order but nutin seems to work..
    i agree with the other guys... your problem is not supplements or training. no offense bro but if you wanna put on size you're not going to gain shit. actually with that amount of food it wouldn't surprise me if you are losing weight.. seriously. you need like double that. start eating more, you'll put on size. once you have size then cut up a bit. it's the only way bro.

--hawk

ok i see wut u guys are sayin... i will try and just eat as muchas i can.. i was heavy when i was younger and i fear being "fat" again... but i would rather have more muscle and a lil fat then a lil muscle and no fat.. thanx for the info fellas

Thread Information