nj123 is offline Member

creatine help and info

Have any of you just done a simple cycle of creatine and got any noticable gains? I thought it just gave you more energy but have been hearing it can add mass...anyone here cycled creatine by itself and gotten any good gains out of it? I havent cycled any roids yet and thought i was just give creatine a try first.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't really call it a cycle, but i've done creatine by itself plenty of times. i definetely notice a difference from when I'm on and off. I like the gains I get, but it dehydrates the shit out of me even when I drink plenty of water and I cramp up. It doesn't work for everyone, give it a shot, it's cheap and most people find it effective.

--hawk

nj123 is offline Member
    can you give me a little help on how to use it and how much to take a day and how long?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well how long you want to stay on is up tp you. Some people cycle it I pretty much stay on year round unless if I'm on AS. I suggest getting the powder over the pill form, and go with 5 grams before your workout and 5 grams after with dextrose or you can use gatorade. On non lifting days just take 5 grams upon awakening. That aout sums it up, if ya got any other questions just ask bro.

nj123 is offline Member
    thanks big texan... also, what does creatine do? does it actually promote muscle growth or is it just an energizer? what is your personal experience with it?

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    IMPO, id do at least 10 grams a day on or off. 20 during the loading phase......

I wouldn't bother loading, there really is no need. Creatine itself causes you to retain water. What it does is causes each cell to swell up with water which will give you increased size. It can give you added strength and helps increase your recovery time. I have noticed more stamina while on creatine.

nj123 is offline Member
    is it not good to do alot of cardio while on creatine??

It shouldn't hurt.... I've never heard it being bad.

there is such thing as taking too much creatine. it's not going to hurt you, but your body can only take in so much. ALA will help a little with this. if you want to find out how much creatine you should take each day, there's a number on the cell tech container somewhere. you call them and give them some info and they'll tell you exactly how many grams you need a day. i'm with the other guys too, fuck loading - it's just a way for creatine companies to get you to buy more quick IMO.

--hawk

loading is waste of money.....i still think no less then 10 grams a day though. fuck cell tech, tastes like shit.....

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    phasphagen hp taste good

Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    loading is waste of money.....i still think no less then 10 grams a day though. fuck cell tech, tastes like shit.....
    couldn't have said it better

--hawk

popa is offline Senior Member
    cell tech is a great brand and it has ala in it..who cares about the taste if you want taste go to the store and buy a pop or chew on a candy bar...little pricey but works well I dont load at all I just go straight to the maintaing phase 2 scoops right after training and 2 scoops first thing in the morrnning on your days off

last night i was reading shit on ala and one said that it was useless unless it was in pill form, anyone heard of that? i think it was right here on anabolic review......grapejuice w/taurine works good enough.

popa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    last night i was reading shit on ala and one said that it was useless unless it was in pill form, anyone heard of that? i think it was right here on anabolic review......grapejuice w/taurine works good enough.
    dunno whats the difference if its in pill form or not ala comes in powder and they cap them, I would like to read this thread...can you find it bro

TheGame826 is offline Member
    Big Texan I agree with everything you say. .... what can I say, your always right.

anyways, The body can only use 5g of creatine a day, the rest is pissed out. However id say still use 10g a day. Using any more than 10g a day is a waste of money. So the loading time is not even necessary. Just drink plenty of Water and you'll be fine.

Hero is offline Junior Member
    found the thread that gncguy is talking about. i dont know, could just be a straight lie just to sell their pills.....take a look.

http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/pr...?productid=209

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Try to drink it with some sort of grape fruit drink. Cranberry juice is good. It works better with the acidic.
    Ive tried a lot of different kinds. Mass action and I like Xtreme Creatine.
    Try to buy creatine with HMB phosagen and glutamin already in it.
    DO NOT go to GNC. DO NOT ask them for ADVICE.
    Just my experience that after 2 MONTHS OF USE, the body doesnt respond to it as much. Muscles receptorss are burned out on it.
    AFTER 2 MONTHS discontinue use for awhile IMO.
    BTW. You will gain weight but Id say 80% is water retention.

not tryin to flame or anything but hmb is garbage, ever since the body for life guy says hmb is awesome everyone thinks its good shit, its more expensive then any other supplement and doesnt do a thing.....gnc is like any other supplement store. and what makes you think that muscle receptors get burned out after 2 months of creatine?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    It was MY OPINION. Just what I find works for me.
    GNC: ?? Because he is gonna go in and ask for the best creatine. KNOW WHAT They are gonna try to sell him LIQUID CREATINE WHICH IMO He does not need for his FIRST TIME buying or USING creatine.
    AND. HMB comes mixed in certain creatines which COST THE SAME as the ones without so it WOULDNT MATTER which one he bought.
    GNC. There was already a discussion on GNC topic. BUY ONLINE it is CHEAPER.....
    The body 4 life guy? Who the hell is that? Ive been using the stuff for almost a decade.

WAIT WAIT. All the above is IMO....
    Last edited by bermich; 08-14-2003 at 02:53 PM.

your right about creatine serum, its a shame people push that shit knowing full well it wont do anything.....look, if hmb works for you, great, maybe it will work for him too, give it a try and let us know what you think.
    late

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Personnally, I have never been really able to tell a difference while on creatine but I can deffinnetly can tell a difference when I run out and come off of it. For me it can be the difference from being able to push that last couple of reps per set on just ablout everything which was never as hard as it seemed while I was on creatine. Creatine does dehydrate the cells, but it is really a misconception because when the cell becomes dehydrated it only draws in more fluid from it's surroundings. It can cause one to bloat and for that reason I will useually stay away from it while cutting down. Be sure to drink plently of water as creatine will store in the kidneys to some degree. I know several who claimed to have gone through kidney stones and pointed toward creatine as the culprit however as to the validity to these claims I can not say. Loading was one thing that I never really worried about and I useually would take in anywhere from 10 to 20 grams a day but never at one time.
    Tobey
    Last edited by Tobey; 08-14-2003 at 10:39 PM.

Thread Information