JEO3 is offline Associate Member

flax seed oil...

I've heard flax seed oil helps to up your calorie intake...I was wondering if the pills are as good as the liquid...And, is there any other advantages from taking it?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Pills are just liquid in a capsule form...there's no difference, IMO in taking pills or liquid...the downside of pills is that you have to take a LOT of pills to equal the same amount of liquid that you could just mix up in a shake or meal...

my preference is for oil...just easier to use

JEO3 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Pills are just liquid in a capsule form...there's no difference, IMO in taking pills or liquid...the downside of pills is that you have to take a LOT of pills to equal the same amount of liquid that you could just mix up in a shake or meal...

my preference is for oil...just easier to use
    thanks for the reply man...does the oil have a bad taste or anything, and how much a day to you reccomend for putting on weight...not worried about fat at all...

cb25 is offline Banned
    It doesn't taste the best if you're taking it straight, so i wouldn't recommend that. Try adding a tablespoon to a couple different meals (like a shake, or oatmeal in the morning, etc) - just mix it in.

Not sure on exact calorie measurements, so don't quote me on the amount. First thing you need to do is figure out how many calories your body needs - i'm sure someone on here has a formula for calculating your daily baseline for caloric intake. I'm not sure what they are anymore. Look into that - then add 250-500 calories above that.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Flax seed oil is very low in calories. I take 2000mg/day, which is only about 20 calories.

Pure Power is offline Junior Member
    Any fat other than medium chain tri's are 9 call per gram. And 2000mg of flax is super low. I use udo's choice blend oil myself. refrigerated, never seen light, 125 call per tbsp 14.5 grams of fat. These are the poly unsaturated and mono unsaturated omega 3 and 9 fatty acids that lower bad cholesterol and raise the goos stuff. Now i'm sure each person has their own opinion on it all, so I will say for me it seams to help me get my imune system pumpin' I take it 1-3 times a day depending on the rest of that days due to I take in raw flax seed also for the fiber and protein bennifits. I think it's awesoem to mix it in at nigth with a protien shake so it makes digestion go slower and you get the amino release go later into the night. with calcium might help too to aid in digestion of that since D and K are both fat soluable.. I think. Someone call me out if i'm wrong it's been a while since I did my nutrition homework, but this is what I knwo abotu this subject. It's a HUGE mainstay in my diet weather cutting or bulking.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Power
    Any fat other than medium chain tri's are 9 call per gram. And 2000mg of flax is super low. I use udo's choice blend oil myself. refrigerated, never seen light, 125 call per tbsp 14.5 grams of fat. These are the poly unsaturated and mono unsaturated omega 3 and 9 fatty acids that lower bad cholesterol and raise the goos stuff. Now i'm sure each person has their own opinion on it all, so I will say for me it seams to help me get my imune system pumpin' I take it 1-3 times a day depending on the rest of that days due to I take in raw flax seed also for the fiber and protein bennifits. I think it's awesoem to mix it in at nigth with a protien shake so it makes digestion go slower and you get the amino release go later into the night. with calcium might help too to aid in digestion of that since D and K are both fat soluable.. I think. Someone call me out if i'm wrong it's been a while since I did my nutrition homework, but this is what I knwo abotu this subject. It's a HUGE mainstay in my diet weather cutting or bulking.
    You're right - vits D, E and K are all fat soluble - if you take them w/o fat in the same meal, you won't absorb a lot of them.

And i would agree that EFA's should be a part of any diet. That's why they're called "Essential" Fatty acids...

hybrid is offline Member
    I hate the way the oil makes my shakes taste. I just swig it first before the shake. Don't know why, but that tastes better for me.

Pure Power is offline Junior Member
    Thanks CB I forgot about E. I Wasn't thinkin. I forgto to mention why I even taked abotu D and K, aren't these 2 nesicary to digest Calcium? I have read that a few times...

Farmer is offline Member
    I love the stuff, its a huge part of my diet whether I'm cutting or bulking because I find a lower carb diet works well for me to lost some extra fat.

Peace

Farmer

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEO3
    I've heard flax seed oil helps to up your calorie intake...I was wondering if the pills are as good as the liquid...And, is there any other advantages from taking it?
    Its not necessary a weight gainer... but the oils will help you gain weight if you need to gain weight or loose weight if you need to loose it... It also helps to take 1/2 of your oils in Flax or hemp oil and the other half in fish oil... there are differences between the 2 oils and taking both will improve your HDL profile - which is particularly important if you are considering future steroid or prohormone cycles... these oils also provide essential primary ingrediants for testosterone so they will help rekick your natural testosterone production after a steroid cycle and just all around these are very needed for good health, especially for anyone that places athletic demands on their body.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Power
    Thanks CB I forgot about E. I Wasn't thinkin. I forgto to mention why I even taked abotu D and K, aren't these 2 nesicary to digest Calcium? I have read that a few times...
    As far as I can remember, they're not necessary to digest Ca...but they do play an integral role in using the Ca in your body (incorporating into bone, etc) once you have ingested it.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Every American should be on a flax seed source or fish body oil source as the Omega 3 fatty acid is the one we as Americans are the most deficient in. Especially bodybuilders should be taking this. 2000mg is a good dose for pills, and UDOs is about the best source I have seen.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    High in fatty omega 3 acids. Good for all around health. I usually put the liquid in my cottage cheese, it sure does taste like shit.

Thread Information