lucky is offline New Member

Cool Good To Know On Fish Oil

Read the Label

When you buy capsules of omega-3 fatty acids or fish oil you are likely to see labels that read something like "Fish Oil — 1,000 milligrams." What you need to know is that the 1,000 milligrams refers to the total weight of the capsule, not its omega-3 content.
    You need to look at the fine print on the side of the label, where the actual omega-3 fatty acid content will be listed. This will usually be 300 milligrams or 500 milligrams, and is often broken out as DHA and EPA, the two omega-3 fatty acids contained in fish oil.

The sum of these two is the total omega-3 content of the capsule. Again, aim for a total dose of 800 milligrams to 1,000 milligrams.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Stick with the refrigerated liquid. Has no tastful qualities except taste full of shit, but it is the best product. Suck it up, suck it down, and chase it with an MRP

2tuff4you is offline New Member

Lightbulb flax tastes better

Fish oil smells and tastes like shiat! Flax is not as harsh..and just as good 4 you!

Captainutrition is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Stick with the refrigerated liquid. Has no tastful qualities except taste full of shit, but it is the best product. Suck it up, suck it down, and chase it with an MRP
    Question for you bro......how much Omega 3 Fish oil should a 6'3" 265# monster take a day to be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Captainutrition
    Question for you bro......how much Omega 3 Fish oil should a 6'3" 265# monster take a day to be sufficient?

Depends on current diet. When cutting, I use 3 Tablspns a day. Directly after cardio with a carbless shake, and later in the day with either some sort of meat or another shake. limits the amount of insulin spikes a day

jasonbbflex is offline Junior Member
    I take 4 Omega 3 caps per day and take about 3 tablespoons of liquid (keep refrigerated) in a morning protein drink. Helps lower cholesterol and it's good fat. Sounds good?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I take flax seed oil and the bottle says that there is 1000mg of flaxseed oil per capsul.

Depends on current diet. When cutting, I use 3 Tablspns a day. Directly after cardio with a carbless shake, and later in the day with either some sort of meat or another shake. limits the amount of insulin spikes a day
    I don't start that HELL (diet) untill April '04. So would it be the same or more when you're in your chunky stage?

I don't start that HELL (diet) untill April '04. So would it be the same or more when you're in your chunky stage?
    Depends on what your total fat consumptio is going to be. I cut with 4 carbless meals, and 2 high carb meals, and pre-workout carb.

2 of those carbless meals is a protein shake and flax. The rest of my fats in the other two meals come from the meat I eat, natty PB, and olive oil.

I'd say slap some flax in any shake you consume, unless your eating more than a few carbs.

Depends on what your total fat consumptio is going to be. I cut with 4 carbless meals, and 2 high carb meals, and pre-workout carb.

2 of those carbless meals is a protein shake and flax. The rest of my fats in the other two meals come from the meat I eat, natty PB, and olive oil.

I'd say slap some flax in any shake you consume, unless your eating more than a few carbs.
    Let me just ask you this.....can you hurt yourself with too much Omega 3?

Every meal has carbs in it. Remember I'm trying to hit 280-285 come April.

Let me just ask you this.....can you hurt yourself with too much Omega 3?

Every meal has carbs in it. Remember I'm trying to hit 280-285 come April.

No, just don't go overboard. Keep the flax consumption in the early meals with carbs, later in the day, try seperate carbs and fats as much as possible

No, just don't go overboard. Keep the flax consumption in the early meals with carbs, later in the day, try seperate carbs and fats as much as possible

Thanks, but do you have a number of mg's in mind

Thread Information