InfoSeeker is offline New Member

Which Sugars Pre-workout and which post?

Which type of sugars do I need to take pre-workout and which to take post-workout? Also interested in knowing what foods these are found in.

FmRommel is offline Member
    Maltodextrin is good pre....and dextrose post. IMO i use dextrose before and after because I take it with creatine but its up to you...

FM

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoSeeker
    Which type of sugars do I need to take pre-workout and which to take post-workout? Also interested in knowing what foods these are found in.
    I wouldn't suggest sugars pre-workout. This can cause you to crash a little after the "sugar high" wears off and leave you with little energy to finish up your workout. I prefer some low-glycemic carbs (sweet potatoes, brown rice) about 1-2 hours pre-workout, along with some protein.

For post workout, dextrose, maltodextrin, or a combination of the 2. The best way is to just buy these in bulk from a supplement store (or online) or in a pre-concocted drink mix like Cell-Tech that contains creatine.

InfoSeeker is offline New Member
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I have been taking low glycemic carbs 1 1/2-2 hours prior to workout. I haven't experienced many of those "crashes" while exercising lately despite taking sugar pre-workout since I most often take ephedra/ephedrine prior to workouts which seem to smooth out the "crash".

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    I usually train at 7 pm. At 4 pm I have a whole protein with a low GI carb. At 6 pm I have a whey isolate shake with no carbs, but 15 g of essential fatty acids.

Thread Information