TheGame826 is offline Member

Creatine, a steroid, WHAT

could someone please clear this up for all the idiot that do not know what they are talking about...
    yesterday a friend of mine was saying that creatine is a type of steroid , i know its not, i know that creatine is not a hormone and that it is a simple extract from red meat. please clear this matter up.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine is converted to ATP witch without it you wouldn't have the energy to walk across the room, it's basically energy for the muscles, not glucose, don't confuse the 2

Steroids however help your body convert more creatine into ATP,
    that's why you can train longer and harder.

But most people don't take there creatine properly anyways, so
    I say save your money for the GOODS!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Creatine is NOT a steroid !! Tell your friend to take his head out of his butt and do some research.

Look throught this forum and you will find a detailed post about Creatine which explains how it works and what it is.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If it was a roid it would be banned.....TELL your freind it is and sell him some for some big bucks......

TheGame826 is offline Member

thanks

thanks guys, i new it wasnt a roid, why would someone spend hundreds of roids, when they could buy creatine for 30 bucks and get the same results.
    bexum thats not a bad idea

Big Cat is offline New Member
    Creatine is proteinaceous. Its a strand of amino acids, shorter than a protein. A peptide if you will. Its not an active hormone at all, its more of a catalyst. In the body creatine picks up a phosphate ion creating Phosphocreatine. This is a natural product made in the body and found in some foods, such as red meat. As was said. After the creation of energy and ATP molecule will split into ADP+phosphorous+energy. ADP is mostly useless, its then converted to AMP and cAMP in a cell, where it can be used as a secondary messenger. Phosphocreatine can chemically donate its phosphorous ion to ADP in a certain rate to regenerate lost ATP.

Thread Information