Thread: Amino acids

GetNBig is offline Associate Member

Amino acids

I got this bottle of 200 gel caps from prolab. "Amino GELCAP"
    Says to get 6 a day. What do u guys reccommend and when do i take them, before meals? empty stomach, take more before i workout/after?

thx guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amino acids-pl-00043.jpg  

Da Bull is offline Banned
    After workout and wait 1hr before next meal

rk713 is offline Junior Member
    take em 45min to an hour before a workout, and right after u finished your workout.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Ingredients: soybean oil, calcium caseinate...

I've always wondered about this (not meant to totally hijack your thread) - it looks to me as if the "amino gelcaps" contain nothing but calcium caseinate (milk protein) and not free amino acids, or even partially digested proteins. If this is so, i don't see the benefit. Does anyone know if there's any merit to this?

As far as amino supplements - i usually don't recommend them, as you should get what you need from regular protein. The only aminos I'd recommend supplementally are glutamine and/or BCAA's (leucine, isoleucine, valine).

As far as using what you already have, i'd recommend taking them as rk713 said...around an hour pre-workout and then again with your post-workout shake

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I totally agree with cb25 - I bet you are paying a lot for that 6 grams of protein (via milk and soy)... just get a good Whey protein and take it post workout. You can get a big fat jug of Designer Whey and get like 16 or 17 grams of a very high BV protein for probably the same price (or cheaper) as your 6 grams of lesser quality...

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I totally agree with cb25 - I bet you are paying a lot for that 6 grams of protein (via milk and soy)... just get a good Whey protein and take it post workout. You can get a big fat jug of Designer Whey and get like 16 or 17 grams of a very high BV protein for probably the same price (or cheaper) as your 6 grams of lesser quality...
    Thanks warrior...i wasn't totally sure if i was missing something - but it's always nice to be backed up by a vet, especially yourself.

Pumped97 is offline New Member
    one question, can you take the amino pill with dextrose for PWO?
    or will it be overkill?

thanks

cb25 is offline Banned
    you can take it, since you've already got the amino pills, you can take it pwo if you'd like. just remember that it's only 6 g of protein and you'll need a bunch more to go with it...

Thread Information