mfenske is offline Member

Is it possible to lose body fat while on creatine?

As some of you may know my wife and I are headed to Jamaica at the end of February. I am currently embarking on a quest to lose some bodyfat. While I am doing this I will be cutting calories a bit and upping the cardio. If I substitute Optimum Preload Creatine for my PWO shake with Whey Isolate (2 servings each with a little extra dextrose to attain a 2/1 carb/protein ratio) will I still be able to drop bodyfat? Or will I just be bloated? Thanks. Mark

popa is offline Senior Member
    you will be abit bloated from the creatine, just fix up your diet abit, you shouldn't look like a balloon. Cell-tech works great for fairly lean gains

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Post workout carbs are mostly stored as glycogen and not as bodyfat. More important is your OVERALL carb/calorie intake, not creatine or the dextrose taken in post workout.

mfenske is offline Member
    Posted by BREASTMAN - Today at 10:46 AM
    Post workout carbs are mostly stored as glycogen and not as bodyfat. More important is your OVERALL carb/calorie intake, not creatine or the dextrose taken in post workout.
    So with the exception of the chicken and rice meal I have about an hour after PWO nutrition I eat low carb/calorie for the rest of the day. Most meals consist of green veggie (broccoli, green beans, spinach, asparagus, etc.) and lean proteins (turkey, fish, lean beef, lean pork, buffalo, etc.) In summation based on your response I should be okay to supplement with creatine and still lose some bodyfat? Thanks, BREASTMAN. Mark

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    So with the exception of the chicken and rice meal I have about an hour after PWO nutrition I eat low carb/calorie for the rest of the day. Most meals consist of green veggie (broccoli, green beans, spinach, asparagus, etc.) and lean proteins (turkey, fish, lean beef, lean pork, buffalo, etc.) In summation based on your response I should be okay to supplement with creatine and still lose some bodyfat? Thanks, BREASTMAN. Mark
    Yes, you should be fine.

Best of luck in your pursuits!

Thread Information