Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Q's Log

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah man, absolutely. Often, dealing with the swelling and laying off increases the likelihood of a quicker recovery and preventing further damage.
    Obs and KennyJ like this.

Good week in the gym. PPLPP. Starting next week, 'm going to do my ab, PT and accessory stuff with my (L) leg days. My sleep hasn't suffered. I remembered what Couch had said before and I got some CBDs, look and smeel like the real thing (not the smoke).
    Thanks Couch
    KennyJ, Proximal and Obs like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Good week in the gym. PPLPP. Starting next week, 'm going to do my ab, PT and accessory stuff with my (L) leg days. My sleep hasn't suffered. I remembered what Couch had said before and I got some CBDs, look and smeel like the real thing (not the smoke).
    Thanks Couch
    Congrats on the good week.

My wife swears by the CBD for sleep. To see the effect of one of her other night-time remedies, she has some candy that has 10mg of thc, 10mg of CBD & a little melatonin. Nice (and I swear to God, both my systolic & diastolic each dropped by 25-30).
    Obs and Quester like this.

This is a little shameful but its funny so I'll share. Now, having read all about CBDs and learning they don't do some of the things thc does, like munchies, I went to the store and got some. I went home and smoked a bunch and then ate like a pregnant woman. I guess it is just habituated behavior but I was pretty embarrassed. Now, I just smoke like 3 hits 3-4 times a day. There's not even a drive to smoke more and more.
    Obs and Proximal like this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    so, i'm not just jumping into changing every aspect of my life. I've seen that before and what happens is that if one thing goes wrong in one place it affects the other areas. The most important thing is consistently improving and improving the improvement process.
    Quester and Obs like this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    So, I'm not just jumping into changing every aspect of my life. I've seen that before and what happens is that if one thing goes wrong in one place it affects the other areas. The most important thing is consistently improving and improving the improvement process.
    This is so true
    Obs and Quester like this.

Another good week. Next week, I'm going to start doing 20-30 min of fasted cardio + 1 accessory type movement, like wrists or neck, in mornings (7am) and do weights in the afternoon between 13:00 and 16:00).
    Also, going to keep blood sugar low at bedtime so I can start taking the GHRP/GHRH; add, an orange to my breakfast of oatmeal and eggs; and dial in the peri-workout food intake.
    KennyJ, Obs, MuscleScience and 1 others like this.

I took my CJC 1295/Ipam last night. Its dosed at 300mcg/750mcg, as per the pharmacist. I'm going to double the bac water bringing it to 150mcg/375mcg. I got a facial flush, pressure in my head and ears, and that tunnel ear sound (kind of feels like the pressure isn't right, won't equalize and causes sounds to be muffled). I couldn't sleep for a few hours. I felt real good today but I think I can just dose twice a day and get better results.
    MuscleScience, Obs and KennyJ like this.

Last week went. I got in four days of cardio and three days of weights. I wanted more but some things came up. Got some good news from the eye doctor, the eye giving me trouble is the left one. I'm right eye dominant and wasn't looking forward to learning to shoot with my left side. I had thought my problem was my right eye.
    I saw an article in Tnation about training for conditioning, strength and explosiveness, "https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/my...ng-the-program." I think I'll give it a try.
    Proximal and KennyJ like this.

The Avatar: I saw a story on ESPN about a kid with disabilities who became a runner. SC Featured: Special Olympics runner deserves your respect - ESPN Video. It was real moving and I put his pic (w/ his father in it) as my avatar. I then realized no one would get the reference so I chose this. I'm going to find the time to contribute. I used to volunteer at the special olympics when I was in the USMC and found it very satisfying. That will be my other project for next week.
    KennyJ and Proximal like this.

The Avatar: I saw a story on ESPN about a kid with disabilities who became a runner. SC Featured: Special Olympics runner deserves your respect - ESPN Video. It was real moving and I put his pic (w/ his father in it) as my avatar. I then realized no one would get the reference so I chose this. I'm going to find the time to contribute. I used to volunteer at the special olympics when I was in the USMC and found it very satisfying. That will be my other project for next week.
    That is very cool Q! I’m relieved it wasn’t a satirical slam at liberals taxing others to help support those in need. Working with those less fortunate than ourselves is an honor.

I started my cycle today.
    Anavar 12.5 2x per day (I'm not sure how long I wanna go with this)
    NPP 100mg 3x per week (14 wks)
    Test 100mg 2x per week
    Ipam/CJC at wrkt and bedtime
    Frag 176-191 morning cardio
    Anastrozole .5mg 2x per week
    Finasteride 1mg everyday
    -
    I'd like to incorporate Lantus, to combat the Ipam/CJC and keep blood sugar low, but I haven't yet goten hold of any.
    -
    I realize this cycle isn't going to make me a pro bodybuilder but it will help accomplish my goals while not damaging my health to much.
    -
    Today I did my push workout and felt stronger, less shoulder pain and more driven. I didn't get that from my earlier NPP cycle so it is probably the Anavar. The less pain part is probably from the NPP. In the spring, I made it halfway through an NPP cycle but quit from shoulder pain. I saw a hypnotist in the summer who helped me to sleep on my back. The majority of the pain was from sleeping on my side. My plan this time is to do more pulling than pushing and to be as safe as possible. I've been going to the gym for the last two months and feel like a lot of preparation has gone into this time around.
    I don't expect to be making posts everyday but having this log going may provide some added motivation.
    -
    My workouts will consist of a Push day (w/front squat) and a Pull day (with RDL) or a push/pull combo day depending on how much time I have available.
    Family_guy, Proximal, Obs and 1 others like this.

I was in the gym Sa, Su, Mo and Tue. Wednesday, Th, Fr were 14 hr days but on Wednesday I got in 20 minutes of cardio at wake up.
    -
    I'm one week into the npp and feel good. From a psych standpoint, I'm more content, less irritable, less liable and less impulsive.
    -
    There is now a reverse hyper machine at my gym. I'm wondering about replacing rdls with r. hypers?
    -
    No drinking this week. Blood sugar should be good to go very soon.
    -
    I feel real good when I get in the cardio and I'm going to push toward doing more twenty minute sessions at wake up.
    -
    Food is becoming a small issue. It is hard to get in enough protein while not getting more calories than I need from the poor choices available to me. I may start making food prep more of a priority.
    -
    I'm doing my clinicals now and after a 13 hr day my lower legs and feet are real sore. I've been advised to get compression socks, going to look into them.
    -
    Everything is going well but the biggest thing so far is the not drinking.
    -
    Last edited by Quester; 10-05-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Family_guy, Obs and Proximal like this.

Compression socks kick ass, you’ll love them.
    Quester likes this.

Last week, Monday, I tweaked a nerve in right trap. I went to the chiro on Wed, Fri, Mon, and it feels good now. I worked out Th, Fr, X-Sat, Su, Mon, X-Tue, Wednesday (today).
    -
    My left forearm has been hurting. I've been doing hammer curls and other things to increase forearm size. Tonight I externally rotated my wrist and I feel something like a bone clicking or the muscles/tendons rubbing. Going to research tennis elbow, ease back on the hammer curls and stop externally rotating my wrist just to explore the sensation.
    -
    I'm on my CJC/Ipap now. My test is around 1300 (my guess after 4 years of dosing for TRT) and I'm on 350mg NPP (50mg/day-I can use an insulin needle).
    -
    Not sure if I want to start the Var now or save it till the end. The NPP is doing a good job cortisol control...I can sleep even after two consecutive days of failure every set workouts.
    Obs and Proximal like this.

Left forearm still sore. The only thing I can blame it on is possibly bad form on the Incline Press Machine. Maybe it is how I'm holding the grips. I'll post a pic of it. It's not so much a machine as it is a nautilus device that has a path for the weights to follow.
    -
    I started the insulin at 2mg for a post workout meal and then did 5mg the next time. I'll keep upping it until I have a reason not too.
    -
    My favorite exercises (pushing):
    Incline Press (Dbells or Machine)-5 sets
    Front Press (Smith Machine or standing with a bar that keeps palms facing each other) and squeeze of traps to ears on every set-4 sets
    Hi to Lo cable crossovers 3 sets or pec dec with emphasis on full adduction
    Leaning Cable lateral raises 3-4 sets each of which is immediately followed by a semi-isometric dbell hold at full extension
    Belly to incline bench Tricep kick backs or tricep cable overhead skull-crusher-like movement followed immediately by tricep pushdowns
    -
    I was gonna put in the pull and legs but I have to go.
    Obs likes this.

Pull Day
    Cable Row, 1.5x shoulder width 2 warm up sets + 5 sets, 3 min rest
    Pulldowns, 1-arm palms facing in, 1 warm up set + 4 sets, 3 min rest
    Bent over cable rear Delt fly, 3 sets, 2 min rest
    Y raise, 3 sets, 2 min rest
    Concentration curls, 4 sets, 1.5 min rest

Leg day
    Front Squat 4 sets, 3 min rest
    Reverse Hyper Table 4 sets, 3 min rest
    Back Extension 3 sets, 2 min rest
    Cable neck ext, front 3 sets, 1.5 min rest
    -and back 3 sets, 1.5 min rest

These three workouts are for three days at the gym in a row.
    If only two days avail, I do front squats with push day and reverse hyper table with pull day.
    If only 1 day available,
    Incline press, Cable row, Lateral Raise, 1 arm pulldowns, Tricep Kick Backs
    Obs likes this.

Ive been going to the gym consistently and see real gains, I just haven't been logging. I got about two months to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information