Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: PB's eclectic log

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Did not get enough sleep last night... maybe 6 hours. I need 8-9 to feel good.
    Used my pain med last night but no sleeping pill. Just melatonin and my relaxation podcast.
    Got in 40 minutes LISS cardio this morning- skating.
    No gym tonight- rest day
    6 hours- I would be ecstatic to get that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been using melatonin to help me sleep for a few months now, I was happy to ditch the prescription which just let me completely comatose. I hope it's working well for you too.

Keep up the good work PB.
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    6 hours- I would be ecstatic to get that much!

You're a machine. You run on fumes
    Lol

Welp! This is why I don't lose weight...
    I went way off my diet today. Gave in to the carb cravings I get when sleep deprived. Feeling sh!tty about it. I want to burn this feeling into my head so I don't make this mistake again.

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Tomorrow you won't even see it's effects, except in the toilet bowl.

One binge does not = failure. Your metabolism is rev'd up. You'll burn thru those carbs.

If you're into self-punishment do some extra cardio. Take that extra fuel n push a little harder

You're just fine :-)
    This too shall pass

Quote Originally Posted by Old Duffer View Post
    Tomorrow you won't even see it's effects, except in the toilet bowl.

One binge does not = failure. Your metabolism is rev'd up. You'll burn thru those carbs.

If you're into self-punishment do some extra cardio. Take that extra fuel n push a little harder

You're just fine :-)
    This too shall pass
    Thanks, buddy! Tomorrow is cardio in the afternoon and chest at night. I'll make sure to do HIIT and a little extra steady state
    Old Duffer likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Thanks, buddy! Tomorrow is cardio in the afternoon and chest at night. I'll make sure to do HIIT and a little extra steady state
    You're better than me. I keep wanting to workout twice a day, I am too lazy to have to shower twice though

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Old Duffer and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    You're better than me. I keep wanting to workout twice a day, I am too lazy to have to shower twice though

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post

This brings up a good question: who showers twice a day when they split up their workouts or do cardio separate from lifting?
    I admit, I'm a stinky girl. I never get two
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    This brings up a good question: who showers twice a day when they split up their workouts or do cardio separate from lifting?
    Shower? Hell no! Embrace da funk!

Keeps people from bugging me :-)

I went way off my diet today. Gave in to the carb cravings I get when sleep deprived. Feeling sh!tty about it. I want to burn this feeling into my head so I don't make this mistake again.
    I don't condone, support, encourage, recommend, or even really understand bulimia... But when I have days like this PB, a certainly understand bulimia a bit better

C-
    (I truly don't mean to offend anyone, apologies if I did)
    HoldMyBeer and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Every damn day.... I workout after work, and I need to shower afterwards or I'm not allowed home for dinner. One day a week I workout over lunch, sometimes that's a 3 shower day.... The whole thing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    I don't condone, support, encourage, recommend, or even really understand bulimia... But when I have days like this PB, a certainly understand bulimia a bit better

C-
    Dude! Seriously! If I didn't hate vomiting so much I'd consider it
    Proximal and Charlie67 like this.

Back on track today. Ran at the park for cardio: 20 minutes steady state, 15 HIIT
    Chest (18 sets) shoulders (9 sets) abs (3 sets) calves (4 sets) glutes (5 sets)

Kept on diet 100%
    Even took all my supplements.

The difference a good night's sleep makes!

In April I did only 6 cardio sessions. I plan on 12 or more in May, and including at least 10 minutes of HIIT in each
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

C-
    Yuuuppp. I even looked up ipacac (spelling questionable) which is no longer available. Ended up down a rabbit whole leading me to a method used for dogs, hydrogen peroxide. That was a low, sad few weeks....

Charlie67 likes this.

The exact reason I am on keto. That way I have to think twice before eating carbs having to worry about going through the keto flu again.
    Not going to stay on it long though, seemingly impossible to build muscle wo carbs and my recovery is shit

Back on track today. Ran at the park for cardio: 20 minutes steady state, 15 HIIT
    Chest (18 sets) shoulders (9 sets) abs (3 sets) calves (4 sets) glutes (5 sets)

Kept on diet 100%
    Even took all my supplements.

The difference a good night's sleep makes!

In April I did only 6 cardio sessions. I plan on 12 or more in May, and including at least 10 minutes of HIIT in each
    Just remember that HIIT is taxing on your system. It’s ok every now and then to just do LISS.
    Go girl!!!

Didn't log over the weekend but got a good back workout on Saturday (DOMS so good!), and shoulders and traps Sunday. Nice! No cardio over the weekend. Not enough sleep. Super busy with family and work.
    Got to sleep in the morning. Yay, Monday! (Monday morning is my weekend)
    Capebuffalo and Charlie67 like this.

25 min cardio (easy run, steady state)
    Quads (20 sets)
    Glutes (5 sets)
    Diet PV day 100%
    Slept well last night.
    Thinking about cutting mynightly pain pill in half. Wean off. It helps in many ways, but it does disturb my sleep. Not good to be using these pills, anyway

Today is cardio-only day. I did 18 minutes ss run and 12 minutes hiit (30 seconds sprint/45 seconds walk)

My iliac crest hurts. Not sure if from abduction exercises M night or running on uneven grass on T. First noticed it after my run T.
    Never had this problem before. Typical run, but pretty intense abduction exercises.
    Charlie67 and Capebuffalo like this.

Yesterday was arms day. Did some calves and glutes, too. Planned on 5 sets glutes but hip was still bothering me so stopped halfway into second set

Haven't been sleeping last couple nights and today my everything hurts. Fibromyalgia flare up. I'll get to bed early tonight.

Question for anyone who happens across this: what do you like for hamstrings? I usually do stiff leg deadlifts (variations), machine curls (sitting, lying), standing cable leg curls, occasionally I'll do kbell pass thru lunge. Oh, and Nordic curls. What else is good? Split squats? Step ups? Really want the focus on hams, not quads
    Obs likes this.

Try deadlifts ( not stiff leg). Also try placing your heels on a 45 plate and do stiff leg dumbbells.
    High leg press

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Try deadlifts ( not stiff leg). Also try placing your heels on a 45 plate and do stiff leg dumbbells.
    High leg press

I do rack pulls/deadlifts on back day. I'll try the sl db w/plate under my heels, the leg press with high foot positioning
    Thanks, Charger!

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Yesterday was arms day. Did some calves and glutes, too. Planned on 5 sets glutes but hip was still bothering me so stopped halfway into second set

Haven't been sleeping last couple nights and today my everything hurts. Fibromyalgia flare up. I'll get to bed early tonight.

Question for anyone who happens across this: what do you like for hamstrings? I usually do stiff leg deadlifts (variations), machine curls (sitting, lying), standing cable leg curls, occasionally I'll do kbell pass thru lunge. Oh, and Nordic curls. What else is good? Split squats? Step ups? Really want the focus on hams, not quads
    Romanian dedlift from deficit bend knees a little
    Roman chair bend knees a little

Good Mornings (but it's a low-back killer, so careful). And Glute-ham raises are terrific for your hamstrings.... They're just hard as hell to do. I don't have a machine for them at my gym so I have to be creative, I hook my heels under one of the cable assemblies and in-elegantly fall forward on my face.

Good Mornings (but it's a low-back killer, so careful). And Glute-ham raises are terrific for your hamstrings.... They're just hard as hell to do. I don't have a machine for them at my gym so I have to be creative, I hook my heels under one of the cable assemblies and in-elegantly fall forward on my face.
    Yeah, I think that's what I'm calling Nordic curls. Seriously hard! I kneel (facing the wrong way) on a lat pull cable assembly, tuck my heels/ankles under the knee pad, and fall forward from the knees (I use a ball to catch myself at the bottom) then contract the hammies to bring myself back up. Same???

Yeah, I think that's what I'm calling Nordic curls. Seriously hard! I kneel (facing the wrong way) on a lat pull cable assembly, tuck my heels/ankles under the knee pad, and fall forward from the knees (I use a ball to catch myself at the bottom) then contract the hammies to bring myself back up. Same???
    I never heard it called that, but yeah it looks the same. They're impossible. I mostly just shoot for a sudo-controlled forward fall, controlling the descent with my hamstrings, then push-up my way back to the top. Maybe 3 good one's if I'm lucky

I never heard it called that, but yeah it looks the same. They're impossible. I mostly just shoot for a sudo-controlled forward fall, controlling the descent with my hamstrings, then push-up my way back to the top. Maybe 3 good one's if I'm lucky
    You can build up strength quickly by doing some assisted (push off from a ball or stool) or shorten the lever by bending at the hip (kept stiff throughout the exercise). I wanna show off for you now: I did 12, 8, and 8 with minimal push off to assist. Love this exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Romanian dedlift from deficit bend knees a little
    Roman chair bend knees a little
    How is Romanian deadlift different from stiff leg deadlift?

Also how do you hit hams on Roman chair?

You can build up strength quickly by doing some assisted (push off from a ball or stool) or shorten the lever by bending at the hip (kept stiff throughout the exercise). I wanna show off for you now: I did 12, 8, and 8 with minimal push off to assist. Love this exercise!
    It's not showing off if it's a fact. You're killin it PB!

.... But now I must practice just to beat YOU

C-

It was a good weekend. Diet was good. Sleep was good. Got my cardio yesterday and a decent chest workout. 125.2 this morning.
    Have a great week, friends!
    Old Duffer and Charlie67 like this.

Did back last night. 124.4 this morning. I don't feel like doing cardio but if I waited until I felt like it, I'd never do it. Off to the park for a quick run. Shoulders and traps tonight

Did back last night. 124.4 this morning. I don't feel like doing cardio but if I waited until I felt like it, I'd never do it. Off to the park for a quick run. Shoulders and traps tonight
    Keep at it.... And I totally understand the "waiting until I felt like it" conundrum.

C-

Shoulders and traps as well as cardio Tuesday. Quads and glutes Wednesday. Thursday is a rest day from the gym. Got a Dr appointment for another cortisone shot. If this doesn't do the trick they'll need to do a minor surgery to release the tissue. Minor = 2 weeks for full recovery.
    Been cutting back on the pain pills. Weaning myself off. They don't do much anyway, but it's hard to quit
    Sleeping pretty well.
    Diet not great. Cheats Tuesday (almonds and 2 cookies) and Wednesday night (1/2 jar of pb).

I hit arms Friday, hams and glutes Saturday, tonight I have shoulders. Diet at about 80% No cardio last few days. Still struggling to wean off the pain pills.

The good news: due to a lovely chain of events I'll be able to rehire my diet coach. I'm at about 16% bodyfat now. My first goal is to lose fat, get down to 12-13%
    Leggodess and Family_guy like this.

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    I hit arms Friday, hams and glutes Saturday, tonight I have shoulders. Diet at about 80% No cardio last few days. Still struggling to wean off the pain pills.

The good news: due to a lovely chain of events I'll be able to rehire my diet coach. I'm at about 16% bodyfat now. My first goal is to lose fat, get down to 12-13%
    You will reach your goals with a cleaner nutrition. What is your current nutrition like?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leggodess View Post
    You will reach your goals with a cleaner nutrition. What is your current nutrition like?

Dude! I know!
    I posted my diet at the beginning of the thread.
    I've been taking diet easy lately but I can be very disciplined. I had a diet coach up until a couple months ago. Around the time my prepaid was expiring my mother-in-law died (after a horrible 8 months of pancreatic cancer) and my dad (who is 95) was in the hospital and diagnosed with lymphoma and dementia. It was a rough time. I needed to take a break from everything and deal with my family and my mental health issues (depression, anxiety, chronic pain, opioid overuse)
    So, things are getting back to normal. I fell into unexpected money and decided to use it to rehire my coach.

Current diet:

PF plan
    Meal1: 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
    Meal 2: 5 oz (cooked) chicken breast and 2/3 oz almonds
    Meal 3: same as 2, or protein "ice cream" * and 2/3 oz almonds
    Meal 4: 5 oz (cooked) top round steak and 2/3 oz almonds
    Meal 5: 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites

Also: 1 c veggies as a snack or with any meal

* protein ice cream is 49g Devotion protein, ice and water for 175 cal, 2.5g fat, 5.5g carb, 35g protein

PV plan
    Meal 1: 9 egg whites
    Meal 2- 5: 5 oz chicken breast
    Allowed substitution: 5 oz beef for one meal, protein "ice cream"* for one meal

2 cups veggies

I take all the vitamins, too

I'll do PF or PV depending on my plans for the day and how I'm feeling

I'll post new diet when I restart with my coach within a few days
    Last edited by PeanutbutterDC; 05-20-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Add diet

Today's workout:
    Abs 3 sets
    Seated Armold press 5 sets
    Side-lying db lat raise 3 sets
    Standing cable lat raise 3 sets
    Dual cable ant raise 4 sets
    Cable rear delts 3 sets
    Behind back cable shrug 3 sets
    Plate loaded rotary calf 6 sets

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    Dude! I know!
    I posted my diet at the beginning of the thread.
    I've been taking diet easy lately but I can be very disciplined. I had a diet coach up until a couple months ago. Around the time my prepaid was expiring my mother-in-law died (after a horrible 8 months of pancreatic cancer) and my dad (who is 95) was in the hospital and diagnosed with lymphoma and dementia. It was a rough time. I needed to take a break from everything and deal with my family and my mental health issues (depression, anxiety, chronic pain, opioid overuse)
    So, things are getting back to normal. I fell into unexpected money and decided to use it to rehire my coach.

Current diet:

PF plan
    Meal1: 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
    Meal 2: 5 oz (cooked) chicken breast and 2/3 oz almonds
    Meal 3: same as 2, or protein "ice cream" * and 2/3 oz almonds
    Meal 4: 5 oz (cooked) top round steak and 2/3 oz almonds
    Meal 5: 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites

Also: 1 c veggies as a snack or with any meal

* protein ice cream is 49g Devotion protein, ice and water for 175 cal, 2.5g fat, 5.5g carb, 35g protein

PV plan
    Meal 1: 9 egg whites
    Meal 2- 5: 5 oz chicken breast
    Allowed substitution: 5 oz beef for one meal, protein "ice cream"* for one meal

2 cups veggies

I take all the vitamins, too

I'll do PF or PV depending on my plans for the day and how I'm feeling

I'll post new diet when I restart with my coach within a few days
    Nutrition is looking good.

Sorry to hear about the family.

I never try protein ice cream. The macros for the ice cream seem ok. How much sugars per serving? How strong is your sweet tooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Leggodess View Post
    Nutrition is looking good.

Sorry to hear about the family.

I never try protein ice cream. The macros for the ice cream seem ok. How much sugars per serving? How strong is your sweet tooth?

Zero sugar. The protein "ice cream" is literally just Devotion protein powder, ice, and water.

The protein powder contains: whey protein isolate, micellar casein, medium chain triglyceride powder, fiber blend, natural flavor, salt, digestive enzymes, sucralose and ace k

I don't have a strong sweet tooth. Carb cravings when I'm exhausted, but the cravings are for any carbs, not necessarily sweets

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information