Glutes 3-6 sets

Day 7 shoulders/traps
    Shoulders 15 sets
    Traps 6 sets
    Glutes 5 sets

4 days on, 1 day off, repeat
    Old Duffer and Family_guy like this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Got 15 min LISS and 10 min HIIT (running) this afternoon, and did Day 1 Quad workout this evening. Strict PF diet today. No more subbing protein supps for real food

Day 2 back on track with my coach. 126.8 yesterday and today. PF days. I posted what that was at the beginning of this thread, but I'll explain it again here.
    PF is for protein and fat. It's a high protein, moderate fat, very low carb diet.
    Meal 1: 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
    Meal 2: 5oz chicken breast and 2/3oz almonds
    Meal 3: 5oz chicken breast and 2/3oz almonds
    Meal 4: 5oz top round beef steak and 2/3oz almonds
    Meal 5: 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites

Optional: 1 cup veggies with any meal or as a snack

My workout today was Arms. 15 sets biceps, 15 sets triceps, 6 sets glutes, 6 sets abs

Slept well last night.
    Still weaning off the pain pills. Down 1/2 a tablet at night. (The tablets are 10mg Norco). I'm using tylenol and ibuprofen in small amounts when needed during the day- maybe 3x/week. Takes the edge off and not habit forming.

Got a rest day tomorrow. Well, rest from the gym, but very busy.

Good night, all!
    Family_guy, tarmyg and Leggodess like this.

Wednesday was a rest day. Stayed on track with my diet. Had a few dizzy spells that worried me. Ended up seeing the doc today. It's just benign positional vertigo. Should've known- my ex gets that occasionally. Glad it wasn't a brain tumor!
    Today was back for 20 sets and glutes for 5. No cardio. Great diet compliance. Lotta pain and some dizziness. Not sleeping that great. Still weaning off pain meds.
    Weight was down to 124.6 this morning
    Leggodess likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    benign positional vertigo.... Ah... So that's why I just stay on the couch.

PB, you're killin' it, keep it up!

Best,
    C-

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Wednesday was a rest day. Stayed on track with my diet. Had a few dizzy spells that worried me. Ended up seeing the doc today. It's just benign positional vertigo. Should've known- my ex gets that occasionally. Glad it wasn't a brain tumor!
    Today was back for 20 sets and glutes for 5. No cardio. Great diet compliance. Lotta pain and some dizziness. Not sleeping that great. Still weaning off pain meds.
    Weight was down to 124.6 this morning
    Keep pushing and challenging yourself. Your making very good muscle progress.

When you get dizzy, are you blacking out at all? How is your blood pressure? I don't think your dizzy spells is nutrition related. It could be your current blood pressure during your workouts, maybe you need more nitrogen levels to help expand your red blood sells to help carry more oxygen and nutrition thru out your body.

Sometimes I do get dizzy during my hard workouts if my blood pressure temporary gets to high or to low while training. Can happen when I cut my carbs/calories to fast when doing a cut. If I haven't been drinking enough water in a day..

Hopefully it has nothing to any kind of cancer or tumer.

Please let us know what your Dr says.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your a strong and powerful person. You will beat it.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    PeanutbutterDC and Family_guy like this.

Thanks for all encouragement and support. I do get light-headed during workouts occasionally but this was something different. The doctor has a specific test for BPV, so we're sure that's all it is. It's not at all serious.
    Got my cardio this morning: 20 LISS and 12 HIIT. Hitting the gym tonight for hams and glutes
    Leggodess and Charlie67 like this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout:
    Abs 3 sets
    Seated Armold press 5 sets
    Side-lying db lat raise 3 sets
    Standing cable lat raise 3 sets
    Dual cable ant raise 4 sets
    Cable rear delts 3 sets
    Behind back cable shrug 3 sets
    Plate loaded rotary calf 6 sets
    Wow that’s a lot of sets PB!

Started a new split today:
    Day 1 Quads
    Quads 20 sets
    Glutes 6 sets

Day 2 Arms
    Tri 15 sets
    Bi 15 sets
    Abs 6 sets
    Glutes 3-6 sets

Day 3 Back
    Back 20 sets
    Glutes 5 sets

Day 4 Hams
    Hams 20 sets
    Abs 6 sets
    Glutes 3-6 sets

Day 5 Chest
    Chest 20 sets
    Glutes 5 sets

Day 6 Back
    Back 20 sets
    Abs 6 sets
    Glutes 3-6 sets

Day 7 shoulders/traps
    Shoulders 15 sets
    Traps 6 sets
    Glutes 5 sets

4 days on, 1 day off, repeat
    That’s even more sets!

Do you prefer to train early morning, noon, afternoon or evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    Wow that’s a lot of sets PB!
    Idk... if you break it down it's not a lot. Shoulders for 15, traps 6 (that's more than I typically do). Of course adding in calves and abs things start adding up. Looks like I even skipped glutes that day.

That’s even more sets!
    Welp, my shoulder day is fewer bc no abs and calves added in. Happy for that. Arms, quads, and hams feel like a lot.
    I'll report back on this after a few weeks- see how my body responds
    Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggodess View Post
    Do you prefer to train early morning, noon, afternoon or evening?

Cardio around noon and weights in the evening. Hbu?
    Leggodess likes this.

I'm a little down bc in tha past week I've had 2 people ask if I still work out and a 3rd ask what I do in the gym these days.
    I know I don't look as conditioned as I like or as I'm used to. But fuck people who ask about it like that.
    I've been on my diet (working with diet coach) a week now. Been keeping on track really well. Gotta have hope my body will start looking better.
    I'm afraid I'm slowing down with menopause. I'm not as strong as I was even a year ago. My metabolism sucks! My skin, hair, and nails are all dry. I don't sleep well. And I have a long list of aches and pains. I'm sure running another cycle would help with my strength and recovery.

Anyway, I had a good day. Cardio in the morning: 12 minutes HIIT and an hour LISS, skating drills with a friend. Hit chest tonight. Felt week but pushed as hard as I could and got it done.

Now for some good news: my oldest niece is pregnant. She's 38 and was told she couldn't have kids so we were all very surprised by the news
    Family_guy and Leggodess like this.

Cardio around noon and weights in the evening. Hbu?
    I love to train mornings and nights. I'm always mixing things up to keep my muscles guessing and growing. I don't do much cardio when bulking. If I do cardio I'll do it in the morning and train heavy and hard that evening. When I'm on a bulking cycle with muscle enhancements, I'll focus more on being a beast in the gym and lift/push very heavy weights and medium weights.

If I can I like to take a nap around noon time if my schedule allows it.

When I'm cutting I'll do cardio in the morning and a mixed of heavy weights and cardio in the evening.

I'm a little down bc in tha past week I've had 2 people ask if I still work out and a 3rd ask what I do in the gym these days.
    I know I don't look as conditioned as I like or as I'm used to. But fuck people who ask about it like that.
    I've been on my diet (working with diet coach) a week now. Been keeping on track really well. Gotta have hope my body will start looking better.
    I'm afraid I'm slowing down with menopause. I'm not as strong as I was even a year ago. My metabolism sucks! My skin, hair, and nails are all dry. I don't sleep well. And I have a long list of aches and pains. I'm sure running another cycle would help with my strength and recovery.

Anyway, I had a good day. Cardio in the morning: 12 minutes HIIT and an hour LISS, skating drills with a friend. Hit chest tonight. Felt week but pushed as hard as I could and got it done.

Now for some good news: my oldest niece is pregnant. She's 38 and was told she couldn't have kids so we were all very surprised by the news
    Did your coach reduce your gym time or do you do your workouts at different times of day now?

Give your coach and current plan a few more weeks to see if your making the progress you hope to make. I know your trying to tighten up (burn some fat) but I suggest you still lift heavy weights and medium weights with this current cycle. Still can't believe that your coach took out ABS and CALVES. You should at least train them directly a minimum of one day per week so you keep your current muscle size in those muscles.

Let's see how your body responds to your current nutrition and training cycle. Hopefully your coach is helping.

Family_guy likes this.

Did your coach reduce your gym time or do you do your workouts at different times of day now?

Give your coach and current plan a few more weeks to see if your making the progress you hope to make. I know your trying to tighten up (burn some fat) but I suggest you still lift heavy weights and medium weights with this current cycle. Still can't believe that your coach took out ABS and CALVES. You should at least train them directly a minimum of one day per week so you keep your current muscle size in those muscles.

Let's see how your body responds to your current nutrition and training cycle. Hopefully your coach is helping.

Nah, I'm still doing abs. Yeah, taking out calves completely was a surprise

Nah, I'm still doing abs. Yeah, taking out calves completely was a surprise
    Add in a few sets of calves at least one day per week to maintain the muscle you currently have.

Is there any other surprises you got from your coach?

Do you feel like your current nutrition plan is helping?

What is the hardest thing for you to adjust to in your coaches current plan?

Add in a few sets of calves at least one day per week to maintain the muscle you currently have.

Not to derail your convo here ladies but I wanted to ask if that’s your leg in your avi?

Not to derail your convo here ladies but I wanted to ask if that’s your leg in your avi?
    Yes it's my calf muscle

Family_guy and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Yes it's my calf muscle

Bravo!

We have some incredibly fit women on this forum. PB looks awesome. German is ridiculously big. Leggodess’s calf is amazing lol
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Will do (calves).
    Surprises? No.
    Yeah, I like my nutrition plan. One thing I learned early on working with this coach, was that a high protein, moderate fats diet is my friend.
    Hardest part to adjust to.... well, when I first started working with him I was remodeling my kitchen so food prep was really, really hard! I look back on that time and marvel at the discipline I had to make it work. I bought roasted chicken breast from Trader Joe's, and a hotplate to boil eggs. For months. Remembering those months gives me confidence I can deal with schedule and food prep issues, monotony of food choices, and all other dieting obstacles.
    Leggodess and Family_guy like this.

Proximal is offline Banned

Try to forget those comments PB. But, I feel your pain. A few weeks back I had someone I was trying to impress say to me, “so when is all of that stuff supposed to work?”. It devastated me for 2 weeks until I slowly crawled out of my self-pity fest & focused on the positives.

You are sticking with this & that’s what counts.

Congrats on the niece!

Will do (calves).
    Surprises? No.
    Yeah, I like my nutrition plan. One thing I learned early on working with this coach, was that a high protein, moderate fats diet is my friend.
    Hardest part to adjust to.... well, when I first started working with him I was remodeling my kitchen so food prep was really, really hard! I look back on that time and marvel at the discipline I had to make it work. I bought roasted chicken breast from Trader Joe's, and a hotplate to boil eggs. For months. Remembering those months gives me confidence I can deal with schedule and food prep issues, monotony of food choices, and all other dieting obstacles.
    When you had to adjust your nutrition for the first time, how did your family react? Did they have to make some adjustments to their nutrition to help make things easier for you?

People suck, but usually they don't mean to. We all know they either mean well, or they're just making idle conversation, but they rarely have any idea how long people can carry those comments around with them. ESPECIALLY if the recipient has been struggling in their given tasks.

It's easy to say "ignore them", but I know it's F'ing hard sometimes. I have a shit-ton of respect for you PB, so keep don't what you're doing.

Best,
    C-
    Last edited by Charlie67; 05-27-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    Obs, Family_guy and PeanutbutterDC like this.

When you had to adjust your nutrition for the first time, how did your family react? Did they have to make some adjustments to their nutrition to help make things easier for you?

Fortunately for us, they didn't have to make any changes. We all eat different stuff at different times anyway
    Leggodess likes this.

Haven't logged in a couple days but diet and workouts are on track. Got some cardio on Tuesday: running HIIT for 12, and LISS for... I don't remember exactly, but 15 or 20 minutes or so. Got another cardio session planned for today. Rest day from the gym. I'm on a 4 days on, 1 day rest cycle. I'll be doing some meal prep tonight with all my free time
    I need some advice on quad workouts but I'll start a new thread for that in the training forum
    Leggodess, Family_guy and Obs like this.

I went for a run Th but it wasn't as intense as I hoped. I usually do LISS on a concrete path then switch to grass for HIIT bc it's easier on my knees. The grass is uneven and has gopher holes and whatnot. About 5 minutes into HIIT and land weird and feel that ripping sensation in my iliac crest. So, jogged it out after that. Ice and Motrin and feeling good enough to run again today. I kept to concrete and asphalt the whole time and felt good. I did 25 LISS and 10 HIIT
    Th was a rest day from the gym. Friday I did arms. Tonight I have back.
    Diet is going well. I had a carb cheat meal today: a giant bowl of blueberries and a Snickerdoodle "protein" cookie. It has 60g carb, 14g fat, and 16g protein, but it's sold as a protein cookie??? As you might imagine (based on those macros) it was delicious!
    Family_guy and Leggodess like this.

Haven't logged in a couple days but diet and workouts are on track. Got some cardio on Tuesday: running HIIT for 12, and LISS for... I don't remember exactly, but 15 or 20 minutes or so. Got another cardio session planned for today. Rest day from the gym. I'm on a 4 days on, 1 day rest cycle. I'll be doing some meal prep tonight with all my free time
    I need some advice on quad workouts but I'll start a new thread for that in the training forum
    I'll look for your new thread for quad workout advice.

Your cardio is looking good. You will improve more.

I haven't posted in a few days... Saturday night I had my cheat meal then a back workout. The cheat meal was heavy on carbs and I had plenty of energy to workout. I usually do my cheat meal as my last meal of the day but wanted to see how I feel having it midday. I'm curious when other people have their weekly cheat meal, those of you who do.
    I have a love/hate relationship with cheat meals. Love bc obviously. Hate bc I have an all-or-nothing mindset and tend to overdo it. Also hate bc carb cheats just make me crave more carbs. Fat cheats are better in that respect.
    Sunday morning I did 12 minutes HIIT and 18 LISS, skating. Sunday night I did hams.
    Monday night I went to bed around 9pm and basically hibernated. Man, I needed that! I had only 3 hours the night before, and I'm a 9-hour-a-night person.
    Monday was a full rest day.
    Tuesday, no cardio. Did 20 sets chest and 5 glutes, and 3 abs.
    Today I ran for my cardio. 12 minutes HIIT and 18 LISS. I have back tonight.
    Sticking to my diet 100%
    I have a few pounds of chicken to cook up tonight.
    Last edited by PeanutbutterDC; 06-06-2019 at 01:14 AM.
    Family_guy and Charlie67 like this.

I haven't posted in a few days... Saturday night I had my cheat meal then a back workout. The cheat meal was heavy on carbs and I had plenty of energy to workout. I usually do my cheat meal as my last meal of the day but wanted to see how I feel having it midday. I'm curious when other people have their weekly cheat meal, those of you who do.
    I have a love/hate relationship with cheat meals. Love bc obviously. Hate bc I have an all-or-nothing mindset and tend to overdo it. Also hate bc carb cheats just make me crave more carbs. Fat cheats are better in that respect.
    Sunday morning I did 12 minutes HIIT and 18 LIIS. Sunday night I did hams.
    Monday night I went to bed around 9pm and basically hibernated. Man, I needed that! I had only 3 hours the night before, and I'm a 9-hour-a-night person.
    Monday was a full rest day.
    Tuesday, no cardio. Did 20 sets chest and 5 glutes, and 3 abs.
    Today I ran for my cardio. 12 minutes HIIR and 18 LIIS. I have back tonight.
    Sticking to my diet 100%
    I have a few pounds if chicken to cook up tonight.
    So have you started that new routine from your coach yet? The one I freaked out about how many sets you were doing lol

So have you started that new routine from your coach yet? The one I freaked out about how many sets you were doing lol
    Yup! Started it that day. It wasn't more than I'm used to. Wanna see volume? Check out what Kitty and Leggodess do!

Yup! Started it that day. It wasn't more than I'm used to. Wanna see volume? Check out what Kitty and Leggodess do!
    How you like it so far??

I can’t do that much volume. Depending on the day I vary between 12-20 sets. After about 75 mins of working out I know I’m pretty much done. I usually do 60 mins total.

How long are your workouts taking?

I can’t do that much volume. Depending on the day I vary between 12-20 sets. After about 75 mins of working out I know I’m pretty much done. I usually do 60 mins total.

How long are your workouts taking?
    Usually 60-75 minute range. If I get talking, longer. I take very short rests. Usually just long enough to switch the plates, and drink some water. I try to work 45-60 seconds before I fail, and rest 45 to 60 seconds. Sometimes the work is closer to 25 seconds though.
    I like the split and the volume
    Last edited by PeanutbutterDC; 06-05-2019 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    Family_guy, Obs and Leggodess like this.

Usually 60-75 minute range. If I get taking, longer. I take very short rests. Usually just lo g enough to switch the plates, and drink some water. I try to work 45-60 seconds before I fail, and rest 45 to 60 seconds. Sometimes the work is closer to 25 seconds though.
    I like the split and the volume
    I too like to split up my volume. Some days will be higher volume, other days will be less volume.

. I usually do my cheat meal as my last meal of the day but wanted to see how I feel having it midday. I'm curious when other people have their weekly cheat meal, ...... Hate bc I have an all-or-nothing mindset and tend to overdo it.
    I LOVE my cheats... I don't always do it on the same day, or at the same time. Some days my cheats are breakfast, some days they're lunch, sometimes they're dinner, based on family and work obligations. I too have that "all or nothing" mindset, so if my cheat meal is breakfast... I have to be very diligent the rest of the day or things go to hell fast.

I do one genuine CHEAT meal a week, and then one meal where I sort of just go over my calories but with some guidance from my macros for that day. But in both cases I tend to go into those meals (assuming they're planned and not impromptu) only having eaten protein for the day, saving my fat and carbs for that meal.

I'll be honest, I've had a hard time sticking to my diet the last few months. Lots of changes at work, and my kids are very active. But every morning I have good intentions for the day, even if in retrospect things went a little sideways.

The thing about having that "all or nothing" attitude we share is that it requires the dedication to get back on the horse following a bad day.

Keep at it PB, you're doing great!
    C-
    Family_guy and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Thanks, C!
    I just came on the forum tonight to complain I had a shitty day.
    As far as training and diet go, I've stayed on track. Only 3 cardio sessions last week. It's gonna be hard getting cardio in this week, too
    Old Duffer and Charlie67 like this.

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Thanx for the update either way. It's not always sunshine and rainbows

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information