Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Kitty’s Log

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    Did a lazy man’s meal prep yesterday! Put rice, chicken, and veggies in my pressure cooker...20 mins later I had a weeks worth of meals! Not beautiful but tasty! HahaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	765.1 KB 
ID:	179500

Chest and shoulders today about 20 working sets and some core work. Finished with 20 mins of cardio. Started adding in a little bit of running today. Went pretty well all things considered! The gym just started requiring masks so that was a bit challenging! Mask was soaking wet by the end!
    sv.elia likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    Did a lazy man’s meal prep yesterday! Put rice, chicken, and veggies in my pressure cooker...20 mins later I had a weeks worth of meals! Not beautiful but tasty! HahaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	765.1 KB 
ID:	179500

Chest and shoulders today about 20 working sets and some core work. Finished with 20 mins of cardio. Started adding in a little bit of running today. Went pretty well all things considered! The gym just started requiring masks so that was a bit challenging! Mask was soaking wet by the end!
    Pressure cookers/steamers rock!! We'll throw a flank steak and veggies in there or a brisket flat w/ veggies and let it roll. A little rice, slop it into a container and call it good enough for it's for.
    KittyO1 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Pressure cookers/steamers rock!! We'll throw a flank steak and veggies in there or a brisket flat w/ veggies and let it roll. A little rice, slop it into a container and call it good enough for it's for.
    Great idea! I have a brisket in the freezer too!

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Dinner last night

‬‬

Today was back day- my absolute favorite muscle group to train! (I also incorporate rear delts and biceps of course) Today I started adding conventional deadlifts too! I’ve been slowly adding compound lifts in and building up to “heavier” weights too. Only did 135x10. I’m a bit nervous with all of the internal stitches to strain too much just yet.
    Starting to feel all of my muscles starting to fill back out too! Exciting stuff! Maybe I can make some newbie gains too! Lol Is that too big of a dream?
    almostgone and Capebuffalo like this.

‬‬

Good morning! Work has been so crazy, I’ve been too busy and exhausted at night to post. So I apologize! Wednesday, was a rest day. Thursday, was shoulders and cardio. Yesterday, was legs. Finally added squats. Worked up to 115x6-8 did that for 4 sets. I was surprised to be able to squat even that much. Last time I had surgery 65 was insanely heavy. 115 felt great but I am super cautious to strain too much just yet. I want to make sure my pelvic floor muscles are nice and strong/recovered. Last weeks leg day had more of a ham/Glute focus. This week was more quad focused and my quads are screaming at me today! I love it though!
    Endurance on running is improving too. Getting closer to being able to do my intervals without needing 2-3 mins to walk between. Haha (I do NOT like running- so know the term running is used very lightly)

Nutrition has been on point -not sure if I said current macros-they are 150 protein, 100 carbs, and 40 fat. Total calories 1360

Weight is pretty much the same possibly a few ounces less but what does that matter!

I had a friend send me some powerlifting shoes-super excited to try them!! I also bought some more bands as all of mine were starting to break.
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

‬‬

I hope you all had a great weekend! We did! Took the top off the jeep...spent the day out on the lake Saturday -me and my paleness got very red! Lol ...Sunday was church and then I went wedding shopping with my sister in law. She’s getting married at our house this weekend!

Chest and shoulders yesterday! Bench working sets were 105x6x4 (flat) and 85x6x3 on incline.

Back day today - Deads working sets up to 175x8x4 sets. Started adding in pull-ups with a band. Everything is feeling great! Definitely feeling and starting to see muscles fill back out. Now if the fat would start going away, I’d be so excited! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D655641-2921-492E-A941-289C4DA84E16.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	678.7 KB 
ID:	179531
    Cylon357, sv.elia and almostgone like this.

‬‬

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Nice!!! You have to rest as hard or harder then you train. Sounds like a great weekend. Keep up the good work it’s paying off for you
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Nice!!! You have to rest as hard or harder then you train. Sounds like a great weekend. Keep up the good work it’s paying off for you
    Thank you!! We spend a good bit of our time on the water- especially living in this southern heat!
    almostgone likes this.

‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Your arm is starting to remind me of that AC / DC song "Big Gun"
    Haha I’ll get there!

‬‬

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I hope you all had a great weekend! We did! Took the top off the jeep...spent the day out on the lake Saturday -me and my paleness got very red! Lol ...Sunday was church and then I went wedding shopping with my sister in law. She’s getting married at our house this weekend!

Chest and shoulders yesterday! Bench working sets were 105x6x4 (flat) and 85x6x3 on incline.

Back day today - Deads working sets up to 175x8x4 sets. Started adding in pull-ups with a band. Everything is feeling great! Definitely feeling and starting to see muscles fill back out. Now if the fat would start going away, I’d be so excited! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D655641-2921-492E-A941-289C4DA84E16.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	678.7 KB 
ID:	179531
    You are doing a great job. And it shows. Keep at it.

I have to ask is that Lake Lanier?
    SampsonandDelilah and KittyO1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You are doing a great job. And it shows. Keep at it.

I have to ask is that Lake Lanier?
    Thank you!!! Actually no...it’s a lake in SC. We built a house on it-well very close to it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	803.3 KB 
ID:	179545
    almostgone likes this.

‬‬

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Thank you!!! Actually no...it’s a lake in SC. We built a house on it-well very close to it.

Views:	94 
Size:	803.3 KB 
ID:	179545
    Looks so much like my moms neighborhood on Lanier. Lol
    KittyO1 and almostgone like this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Thank you!! We spend a good bit of our time on the water- especially living in this southern heat!
    I do wish I had water close by. It’s 88 here today and humid as heck. Miserable
    KittyO1 and Capebuffalo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Looks so much like my moms neighborhood on Lanier. Lol
    That’s crazy! I hear it’s a beautiful lake!

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I do wish I had water close by. It’s 88 here today and humid as heck. Miserable
    We absolutely love it!...now 88 isn’t bad in comparison to the 97 and 70+% humidity Gotta love the south right?!
    Capebuffalo and almostgone like this.

‬‬

Trained legs this morning...was just in the zone, I guess, and did 3 sets of 155x5 on squats before I knew it. I looked back at my post last week to see what I made it to...much to my surprise I only made it to 115 last week. HECK YEAH!! Working my way to decent numbers!!!

Also had my follow up blood work done. Found out they only tested fsh, estradiol, and testosterone previously. I had them at progesterone and dhea to the count as well. T3 & T4 we’re both very low before. I feel like levels still aren’t quite optimum yet so hoping for an increase in meds.

Anyways, now onto wedding preparations. (Can’t remember if I said...I’m having my sis-n-laws wedding at my house this weekend. Made 2 large cheesecakes for her cake last night and will be making cupcakes today as well as cleaning the house, & decorating etc.)

‬‬

Happy Monday guys and gals! Last week was a shorter training week. Trained Monday-Wednesday and spent Wednesday night through the weekend at the beach with friends and family. Was a much needed break!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A70E79D9-AB88-43FC-8DE8-BD13B1F12484.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	855.1 KB 
ID:	179643

Name:	4160B33A-D25A-4141-B90F-01D5F58FB7BC.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	792.7 KB 
ID:	179644

‬‬

Kitty’s Log

Starting the week off right...Click image for larger version. 

Views:	90 
Size:	406.7 KB 
ID:	179645
    Last edited by KittyO1; 07-27-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    KINGKONG, sv.elia and almostgone like this.

‬‬

Kitty’s Log

Meant to add...dr doubled my dose of NP Thyroid, last week. I haven’t seen my levels yet but I figured they were still off- just by my symptoms.
    Last edited by KittyO1; 07-28-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

‬‬

Two of my absolute favorite workouts are
    1. the ones you can barely make it to the car- you’re so worn out
    &
    2. The ones where your muscles are so full and painful that you couldn’t get another rep!

Loving that training has been like that!
    almostgone likes this.

‬‬

A bit more tired this week but I’ve been going to bed about 9:45 most nights so that’s about an hour earlier. Have had a little pain as well so I didn’t push going past 225 on Deads and actually skipped squats this week. Probably nothing but just playing it safe.

Today’s leg session kicked my butt! Feel like my glutes have shrunk a bit- - hoping it’s more that they’re leaning out though(that’s the overall goal right now)...I know I’m doing plenty of glute training! Lol

‬‬

A bit more tired this week but I’ve been going to bed about 9:45 most nights so that’s about an hour earlier. Have had a little pain as well so I didn’t push going past 225 on Deads and actually skipped squats this week. Probably nothing but just playing it safe.

Today’s leg session kicked my butt! Feel like my glutes have shrunk a bit- - hoping it’s more that they’re leaning out though(that’s the overall goal right now)...I know I’m doing plenty of glute training! Lol

Glutes look fine to me!! Good work, Ms. Kitty.
    KittyO1 and SampsonandDelilah like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Glutes look fine to me!! Good work, Ms. Kitty.
    Thanks AG!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

‬‬

Good morning! Things are still moving along...strength is still improving slowing down a bit as I get closer to my maxes. Of course, I’m impatient and want more but that’s not how it works! Lol

Main lifts this week were
    flat bench 115x5x4,
    incline 95x5x4,
    push press 115x3/105x5x3,
    back squats 185x1(too ambitious) 165x5x4/ bottom holds 95x8x3,
    Deads- I was interrupted with a talker for way too long- had to unrack and just finish up to get out.

I haven’t weighed but weight is definitely not moving like it should be with my nutrition and training. Trying not to get frustrated and stay focused/positive! May have to ask to check levels again in a few weeks because I’m still having a good bit of symptoms as well.
    Cylon357 likes this.

‬‬

Sounds like everything is moving along well! I BET with your other numbers you can crack 185 easy, you just might want to move it to an earlier spot in your work out, like when you are warmed up but before the bulk of your main squat sets. That's not mansplaining, btw, just my OCD making me be specific lol

Talkers.... yeah, that's frustrating as hell. Earbuds or curtness usually work if 'hey great talking to you I need to get back to my set now' doesn't.
    Thank you! You’re right- I probably had 2 possibly 3 good reps in me at 185 if I’m honest with myself but knew I wouldn’t get the 5 reps or multiple sets. Despite it feeling like 300lbs on my back, I was surprised that I was able to do a nice clean rep. Once I racked it, I looked back to see how much I had done the last time I squat. I have learned to start off with squats before I wear down. Usually 4-5 warmup “sets” to get the blood flowing. I have a tear in one if not both of my labrums in my hips so I use the hip circle on the first few sets as well.

Yes, being too nice or overly courteous is a weakness of mine! I did have earbuds in but this guy was not letting up! Haha I pretty much heard his life story. He was a nice guy too- just should’ve listened and gotten my sets in at the same time! Haha

‬‬

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Kitty!!!! I’ve been distracted by life and now subbed.

You are a rockstar!!!!!

Love your passion and Sticktoitiveness!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Kitty!!!! I’ve been distracted by life and now subbed.

You are a rockstar!!!!!

Love your passion and Sticktoitiveness!!!
    Thank you so much Girly! Glad to have you in here!
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

‬‬

Thank you! You’re right- I probably had 2 possibly 3 good reps in me at 185 if I’m honest with myself but knew I wouldn’t get the 5 reps or multiple sets. Despite it feeling like 300lbs on my back, I was surprised that I was able to do a nice clean rep. Once I racked it, I looked back to see how much I had done the last time I squat. I have learned to start off with squats before I wear down. Usually 4-5 warmup “sets” to get the blood flowing. I have a tear in one if not both of my labrums in my hips so I use the hip circle on the first few sets as well.
    Very smart on the warm-up process. I like it!!

Yes, being too nice or overly courteous is a weakness of mine! I did have earbuds in but this guy was not letting up! Haha I pretty much heard his life story. He was a nice guy too- just should’ve listened and gotten my sets in at the same time! Haha

Next time, just smile, nod, jam your earbuds in, walk up to the bar, growl somewhat loudly, shake the bar while it's still in the rack, unrack, and start repping. He should figure things out.
    Cylon357 and KittyO1 like this.

Very smart on the warm-up process. I like it!!

Next time, just smile, nod, jam your earbuds in, walk up to the bar, growl somewhat loudly, shake the bar while it's still in the rack, unrack, and start repping. He should figure things out.
    Haha yeah that will work!

One other thing you might try, in addition to the previously put forth suggestions, and I have used this but it can backfire, goes something like this:
    Him: "Hey! how you doing?"
    You: "Ich spreche kein Englisch"
    Him: "...." <wanders off>

Like I said, this can backfire...
    Rofl I love it! I could definitely pull off looking German...just have to pull off saying it with a straight face!
    Cylon357 likes this.

‬‬

No interruptions in my deadlifts yesterday!! Still sticking with sets 225. Feel a good bit of pressure and not interested in risking any prolapse mess. Legs are just now getting past the soreness from Friday’s session.

Also, I set up a consultation to work with a local coach to see if he can help me get my nutrition figured out to get the fat loss rolling. Couldn’t get in until the end of the month but I’m looking forward to it!
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

‬‬

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Also, I set up a consultation to work with a local coach to see if he can help me get my nutrition figured out to get the fat loss rolling. Couldn’t get in until the end of the month but I’m looking forward to it!
    Just make sure you do some background work on "him" as well to make sure he's worth your money.
    KittyO1 and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Just make sure you do some background work on "him" as well to make sure he's worth your money.
    Definitely! He seems to have very good credentials and he’s a small town guy but was suggested by a friend. She sent me her progress pics and has made phenomenal progress! I’m not planning on competing or anything but I’m DESPERATE to get the freaking fat off. Clen has been the only way I’ve had any luck and that was only 10lbs.

‬‬

Forgot to add I’ll be doing a metabolic test as well at the consultation. Have any of you guys ever done or heard anything about them?

No major updates on training this week. Strength seems to be leveling out. Was a good week though!

Moving our daughter into her sophomore year of college this weekend. Excited and of course a bit nervous for her but that what mom’s do right?!

‬‬

beanpo1e is offline Junior Member
    Have you looked at intermittent fasting to accelerate fat loss? My wife and family have had a lot of success with it.
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by beanpo1e View Post
    Have you looked at intermittent fasting to accelerate fat loss? My wife and family have had a lot of success with it.
    I have done intermittent fasting along with carb backloading, carb cycling, cyclical ketogenic diet, 6 meals...it all boils down to calories in/calories out of course. I think my biggest struggle is my metabolism is so screwed up from years of eating disorders, untreated thyroid issues(until recently) not to mention hormone issues. I can’t seem to get my calories low enough to actually drop weight. Guess, I’ll just have to suck it up and drop it to 1100-1200.
    Intermittent fasting definitely helps in a deficit since the eating window is smaller but it can really screw with female hormones too.
    beanpo1e and GirlyGymRat like this.

‬‬

beanpo1e is offline Junior Member
    I would have a different view that it's not simply calories in/calories out. If you want more lean tissue past a certain point, you need anabolic substances even in the presence of a caloric surplus, conversely you need a way to reduce anabolic fat storage hormones (specifically insulin ) even in the presence of a caloric deficit.

Working in the medical field, I liked the Obesity Code by Jason Fung. He's a nephrologist who showed a lot of evidence that reducing calories is not effective in the long term, but intermittent fasting with normal caloric intake can be.
    KittyO1 likes this.

Kitty’s Log

Quote Originally Posted by beanpo1e View Post
    I would have a different view that it's not simply calories in/calories out. If you want more lean tissue past a certain point, you need anabolic substances even in the presence of a caloric surplus, conversely you need a way to reduce anabolic fat storage hormones (specifically insulin ) even in the presence of a caloric deficit.

Working in the medical field, I liked the Obesity Code by Jason Fung. He's a nephrologist who showed a lot of evidence that reducing calories is not effective in the long term, but intermittent fasting with normal caloric intake can be.
    I agree that it’s more in-depth than that but I just meant it all boils down to that. Lol...I looked into that book! May have to buy it so I can read it. Always looking to learn more!
    Last edited by KittyO1; 08-20-2020 at 06:49 AM.

‬‬

This week went well...strength is about the same so I’m doing 2-3 heavy working sets and finishing with either dropsets or more
    TUT/pause sets. More focus on getting as much muscle stimulation as possible. Also added more cardio in this week. Muscles feel nice and full...along with my fat! Continuing to tweak nutrition though!
    Cylon357 likes this.

‬‬

KittyO1, what sort of program do you follow? Do you incorporate deload weeks? I find that I'm always at my strongest after deload weeks. Makes me think 5 3 1 would make sense as 1 3 5...
    I actually haven’t been following a set program. More of a hybrid of ones my former coach wrote for me. I really do need to get back to a set program for the progression. What I do now is set up very similar to 531 as far as the lifts go. I just need to do %’s so I can continue to progress! I’m horrible about deloads-tbh I will back off a bit and modify when I feel weak or run down but it’s not near what it should be to actually make a difference.

‬‬

Kitty’s Log

We typically close the first week of school but with all of the changes, our scheduled time off landed before school actually starts back around here. I have plenty of PTO so I’m taking a few days to catch up on house work and spend some time with my son before school starts back. So I slept in this morning and went into the gym later. Had a great chest session working sets were 125x3 actually got 4 on the first set but with a reset/pause so just going to count it as 3. Lol Felt good today! Got to doing the math- the last time I did 1RM my bench was 135...guess I need to recalculate.

Also, started working sprints into my cardio today! Worked up from 6mph to 8. First time I’ve been able to run over 6 since my surgery.
    Last edited by KittyO1; 08-24-2020 at 02:44 PM.

‬‬

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information