Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Kitty’s Log

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    - GAL -->
    Cylon357 and almostgone like this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Yes, I might be a little crazy! I just finished an hour of cardio! Lots of stretching after as well. Dang plantar fasciitis is flaring up again. The issue stems from my right hip being out of alignment. Anytime I do a good bit of walking/running it acts up. Also, started clen today.
    almostgone likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Today was my Monday and Friday all rolled up in one! Haha It was a great day! Shoulders this morning as well as abs and a little bi/tri work because someone was using the only incline bench in the DB area. I think shoulders are becoming one of my absolute favorite body parts to train. Maybe because I want lovely round delts so bad?! one of my favorite finishers is John Meadows’ rear delt destroyers followed up with another drop set of face down DB raises that I just kinda created over time. Makes every inch of your shoulders SCREAM!!! If you’ve never tried at least the destroyer set- I highly recommend it! I have a video of the other exercise I “made up” I’m sure there’s someone else out there that’s done it.
    almostgone likes this.

‬‬

Kitty’s Log

Just finished my consultation with the coach and metabolic test. He’s very nice and straight forward. Didn’t tell me anything I didn’t know...but I’m obviously screwing up somewhere. He and I were both very surprised by my metabolic test. My RMR is 1987 calories. Total expenditure is 2787 calories a day. Crazy!!! He said my thyroid meds play into that reading. His suggestion is to start at 1900-2000 calories. I’m just confused because I’ve been counting my macros and calories...they’ve been much less than that. Yes, weekends I’m not as strict but nothing like that- that would put me at or over 2k.
    Last edited by KittyO1; 08-28-2020 at 09:31 AM.

‬‬

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    I have done intermittent fasting along with carb backloading, carb cycling, cyclical ketogenic diet, 6 meals...it all boils down to calories in/calories out of course. I think my biggest struggle is my metabolism is so screwed up from years of eating disorders, untreated thyroid issues(until recently) not to mention hormone issues. I can’t seem to get my calories low enough to actually drop weight. Guess, I’ll just have to suck it up and drop it to 1100-1200.
    Intermittent fasting definitely helps in a deficit since the eating window is smaller but it can really screw with female hormones too.
    Hi Kitty! You are doing great!! You look leaner and so happy. It’s taken me time to get my eating in order.

I eat clean now - protein, fruit, fat, grain and tons of vegetables. In March moved from 3 to 2 daily meals to incorporate intermittent fasting. I was at plateau and this slight change helped move me off the bubble.

I’m following a program called Bright Line Eating. There are 4 lines / 5 if bulimic.
    No F.
    No S.
    Weigh and measure food.
    No bites, licks, tastes

Book written by Dr Susan Pierce Thompson who does not endorse working out during weight loss phase since eating calorie deficit.

I soon have to move into maintenance phase. I’ve been putting it off because Its more complicated when start adding food back. I’m noticeably hungry and probably 6 lbs away from my goal weight range so it’s time.

Also starting to add in exercise and switched to Pilates reformer. My next surgery is total knee replacement and miss squat rack.

You look amazing!
    KittyO1 and almostgone like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    BTW. My metabolism was wreaked once. It took a while to fix that. I’m impatient. Very frustrating time...it’s a process!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi Kitty! You are doing great!! You look leaner and so happy. It’s taken me time to get my eating in order.

I eat clean now - protein, fruit, fat, grain and tons of vegetables. In March moved from 3 to 2 daily meals to incorporate intermittent fasting. I was at plateau and this slight change helped move me off the bubble.

I’m following a program called Bright Line Eating. There are 4 lines / 5 if bulimic.
    No F.
    No S.
    Weigh and measure food.
    No bites, licks, tastes

Book written by Dr Susan Pierce Thompson who does not endorse working out during weight loss phase since eating calorie deficit.

I soon have to move into maintenance phase. I’ve been putting it off because Its more complicated when start adding food back. I’m noticeably hungry and probably 6 lbs away from my goal weight range so it’s time.

Also starting to add in exercise and switched to Pilates reformer. My next surgery is total knee replacement and miss squat rack.

You look amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    BTW. My metabolism was wreaked once. It took a while to fix that. I’m impatient. Very frustrating time...it’s a process!!!
    So very happy for you Girly! That’s amazing! Thank you so much for the sweet words of encouragement!! Good luck with your surgery!

‬‬

Went in this morning to train legs. Squat 185x3 for 2 sets!! So stoked! Really was a great workout! After speaking with my coach, I am starting the process of reverse dieting to try to correct some of the damage I’ve done to my system. Like Girly was saying, it’s going to take a while. I’m sure I’m going to get beyond frustrated but I’m in it and determined!
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

‬‬

Wish I would have taken a pic before we packaged it all up...Grass fed tenderloin was on sale this week! Roughly $90 for 9 meals to feed 4 people! Filet is my favorite too!

‬‬

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wish I would have taken a pic before we packaged it all up...Grass fed tenderloin was on sale this week! Roughly $90 for 9 meals to feed 4 people! Filet is my favorite too!
    Grass fed??? I go for the ones with steroids hoping I will get big. It hasn’t worked yet though. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Grass fed??? I go for the ones with steroids hoping I will get big. It hasn’t worked yet though. LOL

Hahaha shucks! I was hoping the chicken I bought would do that!
    charger69 likes this.

‬‬

Kitty’s Log

This mornings deads felt great!!! Most of the time I need several warmup sets to get the stiffness worked out. This morning, I should have made larger jumps between sets...but I worked up to 245!! Not a lot in the big scheme of things but HUGE for me! I did working sets of 185x5, 205x5, 225x3, 235x3, and 245x1. Probably had another rep or so in the tank but played it safe and just held that one rep for a good 6-8secs.

*Having adipowers really helps to grip the floor and not feel like I spend forever trying to find my footing!
    Last edited by KittyO1; 09-01-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Cylon357 and almostgone like this.

‬‬

/>
    Weekend was great! Worked outside in the yard and in the garage all weekend. Nice and productive...not to mention the AMAZING weather!!

This week I am using as a deload. Just getting some lighter work in. I’m not the best at deloads but definitely think my body has been hinting for one.

Gotta love workouts when you sweat through your hoodie!
    Charlie67 and almostgone like this.

‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Making larger jumps going up is important when you are trying to max out, that's for sure.

And don't knock your numbers, especially not compared to someone else. It is YOUR weight and is meaningless to anyone else. What is important is that you got a big number for YOU. Congratulations and happy for you!

I say don't knock your numbers, yet I have a difficult time NOT comparing my 52 year old lifts to my 22 year old lifts :P
    Thank you! I know what you mean- I’m comparing to my highest- the one(and only) time I ran a bulk-I worked up to 285 for reps. Goal is 300. Since I’m working to heal my body- who knows what will happen! Thank you for the tips! I completely agree! I usually shoot for 30+lb jumps. Still chicken in comparison to what I should do. I need to work on overcoming that! Lol

‬‬

jolter604 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve decided to finally do a log on here! Need to motivation and accountability! Progress has been slow for me for a while. It gets mentally exhausting sometimes because I feel like I’m not progressing but looking back, I can see the changes.

I started this journey over 200lbs and never touching a weight. Lost about 75lbs, most by not eating, got in the gym and fell in love with lifting! Years of very low calories and no plan in the gym or knowledge of nutrition, I didn’t accomplish much. I started reading, asking questions, and learning...things started to change and progress. I ran my first bulk in 2010 and since then, I have continued to put on muscle and lose very little fat regardless of what I do. I do however have an autoimmune thyroid disease that plays a big role in this.

Anyways, on with the good stuff!

Training schedule is 4 days of lifting M,T,Th,
    & Fri. (Upper/Lower split)
    Most days, training is high density but I do occasionally switch it up depending on if training alone and unable to really do giant sets.

Most days I have a whopping 45 mins to get in and out of the gym so I try to pack in as much as possible! I can usually get back to do a little cardio before work. (About 20 mins)

Nutrition- I just switched from IF back to the 4-5 meals a day. Weekends more like 2 possibly 3 meals but calories/macros stay the same.
    150p/150c/60f= 1740calories

Currently, I’m trying to work my calories back up to 1800. I had gotten down to 1300 calories. Gotta revamp before I loose my mind!
    Just read this and seen the progress I am following your journey.

Food is everything!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jolter604 View Post
    Just read this and seen the progress I am following your journey.

Food is everything!!!
    Glad to have you here!

I know what you mean about being chicken with your body. After I had hernia surgery, I was TOTALLY freaked for a couple of months after it about even picking up an empty barbell. Just take your time, sounds like you are doing great!
    Thank you! I bet that was scary! Always seems like such a fine line between being smart/safe and pushing enough right at first! Haha

‬‬

Sorry for the lack of updates...been dealing with some allergies and sinus issues. I’ve still been able to train just tired by the time I get home plus the congestion just makes your brain hurt!

Last week was a deload week. This week back to normal training. Stuck with working sets of 5. Bench was 120, Deads were 225, and shoulder press was 95. Will hit squats tomorrow.

As for nutrition, I have increased carbs an additional 25g. Current macros are 150p, 150c, 50f 1650 calories. I have one refeed a week that carbs are 250. I also have started eating before training. I have trained fasted forever simply out of convenience from training so early in the morning. Pre and post workout meals are the same macros 38p, 50c, 5f So far, the scale is roughly the same if not down a little. I weigh daily(which screws with my mind but I’m learning to let it go) but overall I’m about 2lbs down from the start and eating 200 more calories a day. So not complaining!!
    Cylon357 and jolter604 like this.

‬‬

Sorry for the lack of updates...been dealing with some allergies and sinus issues. I’ve still been able to train just tired by the time I get home plus the congestion just makes your brain hurt!

Last week was a deload week. This week back to normal training. Stuck with working sets of 5. Bench was 120, Deads were 225, and shoulder press was 95. Will hit squats tomorrow.

As for nutrition, I have increased carbs an additional 25g. Current macros are 150p, 150c, 50f 1650 calories. I have one refeed a week that carbs are 250. I also have started eating before training. I have trained fasted forever simply out of convenience from training so early in the morning. Pre and post workout meals are the same macros 38p, 50c, 5f So far, the scale is roughly the same if not down a little. I weigh daily(which screws with my mind but I’m learning to let it go) but overall I’m about 2lbs down from the start and eating 200 more calories a day. So not complaining!!
    Glad your still going strong

Food is everything!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

Glad your still going strong

Food is everything!!!
    Keep on keeping on!
    Thanks guys! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was great! Did a little traveling to see my daughter, went to the beach, enjoyed the cooler nights by the fire...all good stuff! Refeed day yesterday and was actually down in weight this morning! The body is such an amazing mystery! Chest/tris/shoulders & cardio this morning! Excellent workout! Bench was 3 working sets of 125x3, finished with some pause/higher rep sets and some accessory work. Coach increased calories again this week too. Not much of an appetite tbh so kinda hard to put down the food! Lol
    almostgone, tarmyg and jolter604 like this.

‬‬

Forgot to mention Monday-increasing calories some more. Still keeping protein and fat the same and increasing an additional 25g of carbs. So macros are 150p, 175c, and 50f. 1750 Calories. Refeed is 150p, 275c, and 45f. Have not really been in the mood to eat- especially dinner. Which is odd for me- typically I’m pretty hungry in the evenings but I’m having to force myself to eat to hit my macros. Still a bit drained from being sick and not sleeping well last week. Feel good other than that and a little drainage though. Will note that my chronic tension headaches are back. They tend to come in waves where I’ll have one every day for a few months and then go several without them. I try not to take the meds for them unless I just can’t stand it anymore. (This may have something to do with the lack of appetite?)

Dead session on Tuesday went well. Worked up to 3 working sets of 245. Wanted more but it’s progress so I’ll take it!

Today, I went for a 30 min walk at lunch to get in some cardio. Just loving this weather!!
    Charlie67 likes this.

‬‬

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Keep up the good work Kitty.

Best,
    C-
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Keep up the good work Kitty.

Best,
    C-
    Thank you @Charlie67

‬‬

Absolutely brutal leg workout today but I loved it! Decided to warm my knees/legs up a bit on the bike. Nothing intense simply getting the blood flowing. Squats-worked to 3 sets of 185x3. I am so ready to get 2 plates on there but I am happy that I’m getting stronger. Finished squats with some pause/hold sets and then a high rep set. Definitely a quad focus for the day with some heavy leg press sets and a big dropset. I ended up calling it quits before doing all I had planned just because I was absolutely wiped out! Had a big order of cupcakes to finish for a wedding this weekend when I got home...anyways, I hope you all have an awesome weekend!

‬‬

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Absolutely brutal leg workout today but I loved it! Decided to warm my knees/legs up a bit on the bike. Nothing intense simply getting the blood flowing. Squats-worked to 3 sets of 185x3. I am so ready to get 2 plates on there but I am happy that I’m getting stronger. Finished squats with some pause/hold sets and then a high rep set. Definitely a quad focus for the day with some heavy leg press sets and a big dropset. I ended up calling it quits before doing all I had planned just because I was absolutely wiped out! Had a big order of cupcakes to finish for a wedding this weekend when I got home...anyways, I hope you all have an awesome weekend!
    Take care of those cute petite knees!!

KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Take care of those cute petite knees!!

I try! They bother me a good bit!

‬‬

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

That crud just hit our area this week. People are having the congestion issues and saying they feel wiped out.

LOL, despite all of the "COVID-19" protocols in place @ work, people get a sneezing or coughing fit and instinctively pull the mask away from their face and spray the open air
    KittyO1 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That crud just hit our area this week. People are having the congestion issues and saying they feel wiped out.

LOL, despite all of the "COVID-19" protocols in place @ work, people get a sneezing or coughing fit and instinctively pull the mask away from their face and spray the open air
    Wow! Really? That’s horrible! Lol I keep waiting for someone to hit me for constantly clearing my throat!

Maybe give tumeric a try. I would never have believed that it would work, but it absolutely seems to do my knee (and other joints) significant benefit.
    That’s great! I’ve been taking some for about 6 weeks but just realized I’m only dosing 1 pill instead of 2 a day.

‬‬

Yesterday was a bit busy so I ran out of time to update...Training went well yesterday and today! Feeling pretty good! Working bench sets were 120x5x3 Muscles were full and painful by the end! Deads today I stuck with 225x5x3 Should be able to increase next week. Back is one of those muscle groups I can really get carried away on volume but time crunches prevent that! Haha

As for nutrition, calories were increased again. Up to 1850 calories now. Still getting use to eating before training- although I don’t like the actual act of stuffing it down, I do enjoy how I feel during training! So just a matter of adjusting. Weight is maintaining if not down a few ounces- I haven’t measured but I feel like things are a little tighter and Coach seems to be happy with how things are going.

‬‬

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great work Kitty! Time is indeed a problem. I defend my gym-time violently because even the well intended people in my life, those who love me dearly, inadvertently seek to minimize its importance. You sorta have to be a jerk about it to keep it.

Just out of curiosity, how did you pick your coach? I'm always wondering who picks who and why.

Best,
    C-
    KittyO1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Great work Kitty! Time is indeed a problem. I defend my gym-time violently because even the well intended people in my life, those who love me dearly, inadvertently seek to minimize its importance. You sorta have to be a jerk about it to keep it.

Just out of curiosity, how did you pick your coach? I'm always wondering who picks who and why.

Best,
    C-
    Absolutely! I have that struggle as well! No one understands why it’s important!

Well, it started with the one I consulted with was more or less too busy to give me the help and attention I felt like I needed- at least to get going. A good friend of mine that coached me in the past, just has too much going on in his personal life- that I didn’t want to be a bother ...So I reached out to one I’ve seen around a long time, seen his advice and results etc. I had several other prep coaches recommended to me but I just couldn’t validate their cost & my current situation enough to spend that kind of money. Especially since repairing and fixing things is not a 6, 12, or even a 20 week process.
    Charlie67 and jolter604 like this.

‬‬

Updates???

Food is everything!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

Kitty’s Log

Updates???

Food is everything!!!
    Yes, sorry... I log a couple of forums and totally forgot to update here. Thanks for checking on me! Things are going well here. Coach continues to up my calories each week. Weight this morning was actually the lowest it’s been in months! Calories last week were 1950. Macros were 150p, 225c, and 50f. Moving up to 2050 150p, 240c, and 55f.

Strength continues to increase- obviously at smaller increments that first getting back but progress is progress. This weeks lifts were 125x5 on bench Deads 245x5, Shoulder press was 125x3, Squats were 205x2. Squats are lagging the most. IMO It’s not my legs but more loosing tightness once in the hole. Find I struggle keeping my core tight pushing out of the whole. Open for tips. Unfortunately, I don’t have a video. Best I can do is describe it haha.
    Last edited by KittyO1; 10-10-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    jolter604 and almostgone like this.

‬‬

Yes, sorry... I log a couple of forums and totally forgot to update here. Thanks for checking on me! Things are going well here. Coach continues to up my calories each week. Weight this morning was actually the lowest it’s been in months! Calories last week were 1950. Macros were 150p, 225c, and 50f. Moving up to 2050 150p, 240c, and 55f.

Strength continues to increase- obviously at smaller increments that first getting back but progress is progress. This weeks lifts were 125x5 on bench Deads 145x5, Shoulder press was 125x3, Squats were 205x2. Squats are lagging the most. IMO It’s not my legs but more loosing tightness once in the hole. Find I struggle keeping my core tight pushing out of the whole. Open for tips. Unfortunately, I don’t have a video. Best I can do is describe it haha.
    What forums are you on. I think i am on all of them lmao.
    Good weight there.
    My wife was about the same when she was training.

Food is everything!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

What forums are you on. I think i am on all of them lmao.
    Good weight there.
    My wife was about the same when she was training.

Food is everything!!!
    I think I pretty much am too. I’ve seen you around to! Haha I’m not near as active as I use to be on all of them though. They are much quieter than they were 5 years ago.
    jolter604 likes this.

‬‬

Busy but good weekend. Worked at a friends property this weekend with some projects. My task was staining a wood rack. My knees aren’t a fan of me crawling around on concrete. Luckily, there’s no leg day this week because we are going camping ⛺️ So they’ll get to rest a week. I’ll be able to hit everything else though. Will likely do some hiking but we will see...

Workout this morning was amazing! I struggled getting out of bed and getting going but once I got to the gym, all was good! Working sets of 125x4 on bench today. I had a spot last week when I got 5 but no spotters today. I would have had at least 1 if not 2 more if I had a spotter. I was pretty stoked! Sets of 8 on incline, 12-15 on cable Flyes and then superset some tricep and shoulder work. Finished with leg raises and cardio. Just feeling good all around. I know I’m not really dropping weight but I feel things tightening up and can see muscles trying to peak through! Grateful things are going well with this reverse dieting!

‬‬

I am a carpenter and I use knee pads to do low work and I till hurt from it.

Food is everything!!!
    KittyO1 and Cylon357 like this.

I am a carpenter and I use knee pads to do low work and I till hurt from it.

Food is everything!!!
    Yikes! That stinks!
    jolter604 likes this.

‬‬

Another great workout today! Deadlifts felt so good, I decided to push past 245 and got 255x3 for 2 sets and last set was just 1 rep-then held/squeeze at top. Went up on most of my other lifts as well. Left happy and exhausted! Haha
    jolter604, almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

‬‬

Dang, Kitty, looks like you are thickening up in the delts and traps!
    I hope so! Haha Hoping to have beautifully round delts & glutes with a flat stomach & tiny waist when it’s all said and done!
    almostgone likes this.

‬‬

When I worked in grocery, in the Long, Long Ago, I started wearing knee pads and it was a life saver and I was late teens, early 20s. They would wear unevenly, of course, because sometimes I would just use my dominant leg. Eventually, I got to the point where I just wore one and it worked out well, plus a pair would last twice as long.
    I been using them for almost 20 years now they help a ton. But I'm getting old lol.

Food is everything!!!
    KittyO1 likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information