Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree929Likes

Thread: Cylon357's Super Cool Covid 2020 Weight loss comp log!

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Well, today was supposed to be bench / chest day.

But fucking Ian, man, fucking Ian.

Not causing any problems right now, but today was prep day. That means pulling all the outdoor stuff indoors and then helping some neighbors do the same thing. It was only 4 hours of work, but damn it wore me the hell out.

Tomorrow evening I think is when it supposed to start getting bad for us here in Orange county.

But, we did get through Irma with minimal problems so lets see what we see.
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Well, today was supposed to be bench / chest day.

But fucking Ian, man, fucking Ian.

Not causing any problems right now, but today was prep day. That means pulling all the outdoor stuff indoors and then helping some neighbors do the same thing. It was only 4 hours of work, but damn it wore me the hell out.

Tomorrow evening I think is when it supposed to start getting bad for us here in Orange county.

But, we did get through Irma with minimal problems so lets see what we see.
    Been thinking about you buddy. The wife & I wish you and yours the best.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Bench day today, huzzah!

Barbell bench to start, got my sets and reps. Going to up one of those soon.

Dips 3x10 with a slightly forward lean.

Skull crushers super setted with curl bar curls, 3x15 on crushers, 3x10 on curls.

Dumbbell flyes supered with laterals, 3x10 each.

No walking today, but off and on did work outside, in the rain. Some fun, but I wasn't outside long.

Still no huge impact, but sometime in the over night is when it is expected to be worse. We will see what see!
    spywizard likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Been thinking about you buddy. The wife & I wish you and yours the best.
    We will almost certainly be ok. Maybe some light damage, but we will see. Right now, its windy and rainy, but nothing too bad just yet.

Blog Entries
    Made it through Ian! I think we had a couple of hours of Category 1 here, then it was downgraded to a TS around 5am, I think. Don't quote me on any of that.

And now it looks like the sun is trying to peek out. Friggin' Florida!
    wango and spywizard like this.

Made it through Ian! I think we had a couple of hours of Category 1 here, then it was downgraded to a TS around 5am, I think. Don't quote me on any of that.

And now it looks like the sun is trying to peek out. Friggin' Florida!
    Hell to the yeah
    Cylon357 and spywizard like this.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    dude... snacking is the worst.. try avocado and chicken breast as a snack.. mmmmmm

iff you are cutting
    Cylon357 likes this.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    dude... snacking is the worst.. try avocado and chicken breast as a snack.. mmmmmm

iff you are cutting
    True words right there, man! Especially working from home, it's like every damn food in the kitchen is calling to me sometimes lol

Avocado and chicken breast does sound good tho...

Blog Entries
    Back day baby!

Before I get into that tho, man I slept GOOD last night. It's funny what NOT having a hurricane raging outside will do for your sleep. Plus, our lawn guys handled the bulk of our clean up so they get a little something extra this month!

On to the workout...

Pulldowns started as warm up, 1x15, then 3x10. Moved on to pull ups, 4x8.

Did the landmine row thing, 3x10 with the handles pictured previously, and 2x8 with close grip handle.

Kettlebell squats 2x10, then 2x30 unweighted calf raises off the block, followed by one legged calf raises 1x15.

.75 mile walk to warm up, same to cool down, then out to dinner with some friends from across the pond!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Shoulder day today.

I had worked outside around the house earlier... Spent maybe 30 minutes on the roof blowing out the gutters and blowing the rest of the leaves off the roof. It was not that hot today, but man up on that dark shingle roof, it was toasty!

Anyhow, I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get a good workout in, because I felt a little dehydrated, but I did get in there and got something done.

Overhead press started us off. I got my work sets so I called that a win. 3x6 for the work sets, 2 warm up sets and one set for reps at the end.

Moved on to pushups from the handles, 3x15 with my feet slightly below horizontal. I'm trying to target the lower pecs and to that end, I tried a variation of an exercise AthleanX posted about. It is supposed to be a dip from a horizontal bar in front of you, but I couldn't get my balance right. So, I lowered the bar and kept my feet on the ground for stability. Imagine a REALLY front elevated pushup and you got it. 2x10 and could feel it.

Did some tricep pushdowns super setted with dumbbell curls, 2x12-15 for each. Switched out cable ends and did cable flyes 2x12, super setted with reverse delt flyes, 2x10.

Somewhere between a half and three quarter mile walk to warm up, then about 1.75 miles for LISS at the end. I was feeling a bit dehydrated on the second walk, but got home and had some protein, water, and just finished a turkey and roast beef wrap with spinach and homemade mayo. Good stuff!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Danggit, I forgot to mention: I found no damage when I walked the roof today. We got lucky with hurricane Ian, man, but I will take it!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Holy crap, brothers and sisters!

No workout today, but I finished up cleanup today. And I maintained the pool today, including cleaning the salt cell. That always makes me nervous because it involves about 4 cups of muriatic acid

Anyhow, I got in over 8800 steps on the lanai and roof alone. But this baby is clean now!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221002-205100_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	182129
    Ghostman_SW and wango like this.

Holy crap, brothers and sisters!

No workout today, but I finished up cleanup today. And I maintained the pool today, including cleaning the salt cell. That always makes me nervous because it involves about 4 cups of muriatic acid

Anyhow, I got in over 8800 steps on the lanai and roof alone. But this baby is clean now!

Name:	Screenshot_20221002-205100_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	182129
    Sweet looking pool - congrats on the roof and surviving Ian!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Sweet looking pool - congrats on the roof and surviving Ian!
    Man, my thoughts and prayers really go out to the people that did not fare as well as we did. LOTS of people still without power and / or flooded out of their homes. It's enough to make us consider a different retirement friendly state! We are both still working, but can both work remotely, so warm climate, near the beach, no hurricanes and no income tax are our requirements. Let's see, that leaves.... sh!t, no states match.

wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Squat day to start week 2 yay!

I switched to an EOD workout scheme because 4 times a week was a little much for me, when you factor in HIIT. But, I feel like the Test C and Mast have kicked in now, and that, combined with the test cream, has me feeling pretty damn good and recovering well.

Anyhow....

Squats to start, 3 work sets 9, 8, 7 with my last weeks 8 rep weight, I think. Strength is really starting to kick in well from the "blast", if you can call it that.

Leg extensions and leg curls 3x10 to 15 on the extensions, 3x8-12 on the curls, each with more weight than last week.

Hip thrusters off the heavy bag, 2 or 3 x 10, I can't remember set count on that.

Semi HIIT followed with
    2 minutes run on treadmill
    6 pullups
    15 kettle bell swings
    1 minute rest

4 rounds tonight.... I MIGHT could have done 5 but I was a bit gassed and didn't want to over do it.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 mile to cool down. I walked at night tonight and it was in the low 70s / upper 60s with a real mild breeze. That was very welcome.

Yoga stretches, protein, 1/2 bagel with almond butter and a shower, now I am here with you crazy critters thinking about fritters! Not really thinking about fritters, just rando thought of a old horror movie called "Motel Hell" and the tagline goes something like "it takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's Fritters!"

The sh!t that occupies space in my brain, man...
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Hey oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cylon back with bench day, whoo!

Barbell bench to start off, work sets were 8,5, 3. I shot my shot on the first set but it was good. I'm getting solid reps at the weight that just 3 months ago was 3 to 5 reps at best. I almost went for 9 on that first one, and if I had realized 8 was going to gas me, I probably would have.

Dips followed, 4 sets 8 reps each, the middle two I added 25 lbs on.

I actually did 2x6 seated overhead press, but couldn't get it quite right. It was kind of a 'hey, why don't I do this?' thing, so IIWII.

Close grip bench, 2x8, then 2x12 skull crushers.

Dumbbell curls, 2x12, followed by barbell curls, 2x10.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, then a dedicated 2.25 for LISS. Kept my heart rate in the fat burning zone for that.

Shower, smoothie, chilling with you beasts. Life is good!

Blog Entries
    To add, I have bloodwork Friday morning. I'm presently doing:
    1 click test cream 2x per day
    75mg Test C per week
    60mg Masteron E per week
    12.5 mg proviron 2x per day
    750 hcg per week (3x250iu)
    10mg Nolvadex pre-emptively (though I did drop that about a week ago)

Test and Mast are from PharmaCom, and actually, so is the proviron. I have used Euro Pharmacies proviron, and have some of that on order. I like EPs better because it is 25mg where PCs is 50. Since I want to do 12.5mg at a time, and PCs tablets are small, it makes cutting them a PITA.

No AI. I will be interested in seeing where my E is. Part of the reason for doing the nolvadex is so that even at my higher bodyfat, I can let E run a little high. I don't really feel like it is - both proviron and masteron have some anti e properties, but it is good to know just in case.

BTW, Test and Mast are both injected sub-q twice a week, Monday night and Friday morning. .30ml total volume has not been a problem. Since I inject Friday mornings, this means I will be at a trough when I get blood drawn. Lets see what we see there!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Easy back day yesterday.

I hadn't intended for it to be easy, I just ran out of gas. We had some friends drop by unexpectedly and that sort of threw a wrench in the works, but its all good.

Got in 4 sets of pullups, 8 sets of variations of the landmine row, and a couple of sets of calf raises.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 for LISS at the end, and that is how it was that day.

BTW, bloodwork is starting to trickle in. I will post up numbers later, but the only thing of interest right now is PSA which is at 3.76 and range is < 4.00. Creeping up there, but I am cutting back on the cream effective yesterday to once a day, then eventually to none.

Oh, and my thyroid numbers look damn near perfect. More details once all the tests are in.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Overhead press day today. Still feeling a bit bleah, so I may up the test C and carry the cream for another week or 2 before I cut it back. The cream in in fast and out fast, like gone in less than 24 hours, depending on which research you trust. I suppose I could add some Prop to my protocol and drop the cream... I'll think about that. I just need a bridge, so no big deal.

Anyhow, got my barbell OP work in. Moved on to front elevated pushups 20, 15, 15. Varied my hand placement on that to really get the lower and outer pecs. Tricep pushdowns and barbell curls wrapped, 3x10-15 each.

Yeah, I know it was supposed to be EOD, but I was trying to get caught up. I will have a legit off day tomorrow, so it's all good.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 mile to cool down, though I did do 6 rounds of hammer swings against the tire as HIIT'y wrapper before the cool down walk. Still kept my heart rate in the fat burning zone on the walk, so I'm calling that more LISS, not cool down. Hey, it's my rules :P
    NiceGuyResearcher and wango like this.

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Overhead press day today. Still feeling a bit bleah, so I may up the test C and carry the cream for another week or 2 before I cut it back. The cream in in fast and out fast, like gone in less than 24 hours, depending on which research you trust. I suppose I could add some Prop to my protocol and drop the cream... I'll think about that. I just need a bridge, so no big deal.

Anyhow, got my barbell OP work in. Moved on to front elevated pushups 20, 15, 15. Varied my hand placement on that to really get the lower and outer pecs. Tricep pushdowns and barbell curls wrapped, 3x10-15 each.

Yeah, I know it was supposed to be EOD, but I was trying to get caught up. I will have a legit off day tomorrow, so it's all good.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 3/4 mile to cool down, though I did do 6 rounds of hammer swings against the tire as HIIT'y wrapper before the cool down walk. Still kept my heart rate in the fat burning zone on the walk, so I'm calling that more LISS, not cool down. Hey, it's my rules :P
    I'm guessing you use Testim cream? Back in the day, I was told barry bonds used it to avoid a.a.s. test detection by MLB
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    I'm guessing you use Testim cream? Back in the day, I was told barry bonds used it to avoid a.a.s. test detection by MLB
    No, I believe that testim is a gel, not a cream, and also at best a 2% strength product. What I am using is a 20% cream, from a compounding pharmacy.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Blog Entries
    Squat day, my brethren and sisteren (??) to start week 3!

Barbell squats - short of it, I got 11 reps with my previous 9, 8, 7 rep weight. Was shooting for between 10 and 12, so I will take the split. I only had 2x6 left in me after that at the same weight, as I got gassed on that 11 repper. Weight wasn't as big a problem as huffing and puffing was. Breathing squats, anyone?

Calf work with the barbell, from the floor, 3x30 or more. I did not use a block, just focused on the upper part of the movement this time.

Barbell rows, 3x10. I would swear there was another exercise in there, but it escapes me now. It was intentionally low volume but intense as fudge all, I completed everything in about 45 minutes.

LISS / MISS, not HIIT today, though I did do some interval work on the climber. It looked like:
    5 minutes on the climber
    1 minute rest
    5 minutes on the treadmill
    1 minute rest
    5 minutes climber
    1 minute rest
    5 minutes treadmill
    walking dead

20 total work minutes, and I did intervals on the climber. Man, talk about low impact! That is a sweet sweat machine. I hit peak a couple of times on the treadmill, though I was steady stating it.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, same to cool and for legit LISS, and now chillin' like a villain taking some penicillin. Or something like that. I don't know what kids say these days.
    wango likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Damn I missed a lotta stuff
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Damn I missed a lotta stuff
    Did you though lol?

Let me recap:
    "I picked up some weights and then set them down again"
    "I did some other things as exercise"
    "Sometimes, I thought I might puke, but (so far) haven't"
    "I did some drugs, most of which were legal(ish)"
    Some encouraging words from other members

That's it. In the immortal words of Peter Griffin:
    "I just saved you two long, boobless hours"

Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Bench day, baby!

I wasn't really feeling it, but man, once I got started I was on fire.

Barbell bench, got my previous 6 rep weight for 10 good reps. I was like "da fuq did that just happen?" And yeah, it did!

I super setted close grip bench 2x10 with ezcurl bar curls, 2x10. Then moved on to skull crushers supered with dumbbell curls, same sets and reps.

2x10 super light dumbbell flyes, 2x10.

And that wrapped the with portion in this bench day of week 3. I was stoked!

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 2 miler for LISS at the end, then protein, shower and some football!

What's that? The Washington Commanders and the Chicago Bears? Yeesh! Eh, maybe they will be evenly matched...
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Did you though lol?

Let me recap:
    "I picked up some weights and then set them down again"
    "I did some other things as exercise"
    "Sometimes, I thought I might puke, but (so far) haven't"
    "I did some drugs, most of which were legal(ish)"
    Some encouraging words from other members

That's it. In the immortal words of Peter Griffin:
    "I just saved you two long, boobless hours"

Lol!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    BTW, the blood work I had drawn is mostly in. I'm just waiting on the E2 sensitive test to come in before I post up in the HRT section. Spoiler: everything looks pretty damn good, except DHT and AST. The AST is only 2 points over range, but that DHT is still up over 200. I know that is from the testosterone cream, but ... you know what? I'll babble all about that when I post up after the bloods are in.

I would be willing to bet that my E2 is low. I kind of feel a little less libido, and maybe my knees are a bit creaky. Low dose Mast and proviron both working on the E? We will see when that last blood test comes in!

Blog Entries
    BTW, the blood work I had drawn is mostly in. I'm just waiting on the E2 sensitive test to come in before I post up in the HRT section. Spoiler: everything looks pretty damn good, except DHT and AST. The AST is only 2 points over range, but that DHT is still up over 200. I know that is from the testosterone cream, but ... you know what? I'll babble all about that when I post up after the bloods are in.

I would be willing to bet that my E2 is low. I kind of feel a little less libido, and maybe my knees are a bit creaky. Low dose Mast and proviron both working on the E? We will see when that last blood test comes in!
    Holy guacamole, Mexican restaurant Batman! My E2 came in at 3. That's not a typo, it came in at three. More details when I post bloodwork up later...
    wango likes this.

Holy guacamole, Mexican restaurant Batman! My E2 came in at 3. That's not a typo, it came in at three. More details when I post bloodwork up later...
    I swear, the first time I glanced at this I honestly thought, damn I’m jealous; I really crave a good Mexican restaurant & guacamole right now - all I had was chicken and raw vegetables yesterday!

Check out Mr. Anti-Estrogen man! Is that going to be a new Marvel superhero?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I swear, the first time I glanced at this I honestly thought, damn I’m jealous; I really crave a good Mexican restaurant & guacamole right now - all I had was chicken and raw vegetables yesterday!

Check out Mr. Anti-Estrogen man! Is that going to be a new Marvel superhero?
    Ha, no, that actually was not on purpose. I'm guessing the combination of the proviron and masteron beat my estrogen into the dirt.

But also, now I want a good taco or 14...
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Blood work posted up here
    Obs and Ghostman_SW like this.

Obs
    Blood work posted up here
    Damn you're all healthy and shit.
    Doctors won't even tell me what's wrong with me they just say "bunch of stuff".
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Damn you're all healthy and shit.
    You know, I'm pretty close. That DHT has to come down, so I'm dropping the cream in favor of the needle. That ought to trend PSA down some too.

Dropping the Mast and the proviron should bring my estrogen back up.

I'm modifying diet slightly for the AST, and adding tudca, though that minor blip was likely because of a week of eating and drinking too damn much. Dropping the proviron might help here, too.

Doctors won't even tell me what's wrong with me they just say "bunch of stuff".
    Just tell them, start alphabetically, doc, I can take it! They charge by the visit, not by the hour, so you will get your money's worth out of that one!
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Deadlift / back day today.

Would have been just back day, but I realized I hadn't done deadlifts in about a month. Did 4 sets conventional, and 1 lighter set sumo. Hell, all my sets were light, relatively speaking.

On to barbell rows 2x10, super setted with chin ups, 2x6. No real rhyme or reason the the super setting, just looking to get through it.

Did front squats, 2x8, but had to force it, even with light weight. On to a sort of non stop triset for calfs: barbell raises, 2x30, raises, no weight off a block, 2x20, then single leg raises off the rack arm 2x15.

2x15 kettlebell swings wrapped the weights.

3/4 mile walk to warm up, 1.5 miles for LISS, shower, protein and now grilling some steaks!
    wango and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    Steaks just finished

Name:	20221015_193917.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	389.6 KB 
ID:	182151
    Obs and wango like this.

Obs
    You know, I'm pretty close. That DHT has to come down, so I'm dropping the cream in favor of the needle. That ought to trend PSA down some too.

Dropping the Mast and the proviron should bring my estrogen back up.

I'm modifying diet slightly for the AST, and adding tudca, though that minor blip was likely because of a week of eating and drinking too damn much. Dropping the proviron might help here, too.

Just tell them, start alphabetically, doc, I can take it! They charge by the visit, not by the hour, so you will get your money's worth out of that one!
    My doctor came in last time reading a clipboard and said it was "time for a prostate exam".

Before he could look up I had my finger in his ass.

He said "WTF IM THE DOCTOR!"

I said yep you are important! I'm glad you weren't afraid to ask.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    My doctor came in last time reading a clipboard and said it was "time for a prostate exam".

Before he could look up I had my finger in his ass.

He said "WTF IM THE DOCTOR!"

I said yep you are important! I'm glad you weren't afraid to ask.
    I'm using this the next time my doc is like "time to take a look at the prostate"!
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday had an over head press day to wrap week 3.

Barbell overhead press to start, duh! Got my work sets, then went for a little extra and it was not to be that day. It's ok, I got my numbers.

Dips were next, like 4x10 un weighted.

Did overhead tricep cable extensions, kind of like standing skull crushers. 1x10 with both hands, then 2x10 single arm. Super setted that with alternating dumbbell curls, 3x12 to 15.

Moved on to super sets of dumbbell laterals 2x10, with rear cable laterals, 2x10.

That wrapped the weights.

Moved outside and did...
    2 minutes hammer swings on the tire
    1 minute rest

6 rounds, and the progression typically looked like this:
    8lb sledge 8 to 10 swings left, then the same to the right
    Double 4lb hammers, one in each hand, 8 to 10 alternating swings
    40lb slam ball over head slams on the tire to finish the round, anywhere from 5 to 8

I hit peak heart rate more than once. See, this is one of those instances where I was like "bleck ull garble must not puke or pass out!" And so far, so good.

3/4 mile walk to warm up and the same to cool down. Shower, football (Buffalo at KC) and The Wife made some chicken pesto penne pasta that was most excellent!
    wango likes this.

Thanks for burning some energy for me as well. KC vs. Buffalo AND tasty chicken pesto is indeed most excellent!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Easy full body workout in this deload week. I took the opportunity to workout with The Wife. She has been doing well getting in cardio 4 mornings a week, and wanted to do something weight bearing. So, I just had her do what I do by and large, just with lots less weight.

BTW, she despises exercise, but does it anyhow. I am the other way: I like it and I do it because I like it. She was like "am I done yet?" about a half dozen times before we got through lol! It's all good though!
    wango likes this.

Thread Information