Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Did you get the Moderna or Pfizer?
    Both the wife & I did Moderna. Honestly, the sides were just an annoyance, but doing a full work day would have been tough. Perfect timing on a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    So you do pushing and pulling in the same sessions Wango?
    How does that affect your soreness and recovery?
    Generally, I tend to stick with a push/pull. Recovery depends on my intensity. If I go really heavy into slow eccentrics, forced negatives or extra drop sets (I have a weird thing digging pain) recovery has gone as long as 4 days. I’m just getting warmed up now and not risking injury.

Machine curls 4 x 10
    Seated Incline curls 4 x 8
    Hammer curls 4x8 with DDS on final set
    Standing Preacher Curls 4 x 10
    Reverse Curls 4 x 10

Nice workout, was able to add some weight without feeling it was a risk. I believe in the masks, but damn, they are getting old!
    Cylon357 likes this.

My main gym by my home is all indoors again and had I had great pull workout. It’s a huge space with 30’ ceilings and the equipment is spread out well. Great workout on Saturday. The gym should be perfect come retirement the end of May.

Did a nice chest , delt, tricep workout today after work at my gym by school.

Diet is slowly improving.

Been growing my hair out for 15 months now & it’s getting past my traps. Something I always wanted to do and figure why not? I think my hair is thickening a bit after being off of mast for a long while. Just wish my hair would go grey to match my goatee.

Just happy to be alive, able to still workout and have hands steady enough to pin, lol.

Is it coincidence that @wango's last post was on

Four Twenty?!?!?

Oh man, literally just saw this! I simply can’t use it during the work week, too much of a hangover.

That said, I found the PERFECT strain for my needs, it’s like heaven. Will hit it a bit more after retired; the results it has on my blood pressure numbers are not to be believed. My wife has me watching cooking shows with cannabis and the food looks insane! Watching the judges get toasted is funnier than hell.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Great back and biceps workout today. Muscle memory is starting to reveal itself a bit. Day of rest tomorrow.

Pec Dec - 4 WS x10
    Machine Chest Press 4 WS x 8
    Close Grip Bench 4 WS x 8
    Upright Rows 4WS x 8 with drop set after last set
    Bent over Flies 4 WS x 8
    Triceps Press downs 4 x 6 with DD last set
    SS rope pressdowns with overhead extensions 3 x 12

Feeling a touch stronger, but as I added more resistance the RC reminded me to proceed with caution.

Damn I’ve lost a lot of size (could be the 14 months of next to little steady workouts, lol), but hell, I can still move them weights, so I’ll take pride in that.

And of course only the best quality post workout meal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-126fdb9d-e6d4-43c1-970f-444de9afdc39.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-539f5b42-f8a8-4610-9b7f-da34528d8842.jpeg  
    Cylon357 and Vasculardiscuss like this.

Lat Pulldowns 4 x 8
    Low, underhand Rows 4 x 8
    Shrugs 4 x 8
    Machine Rows 4 x 8
    Face Pulls 3 x 12

Machine curls 2 SLOW sets with a drop after each
    One armed seated Incline Curls 2 sets of 6-8 with 3 forced reps to failure
    Hammer curls 2 sets each win a drop set
    Reverse Curls 2 sets each with a drop

Tuna Poke tonight, chilling with the missus.
    Cylon357 likes this.

I'm guessing the biceps are a bit sore, eh?
    Yup. The HIT approach has a way of doing that, lol.

Did a push routine again today. Haven’t been this steady in 14 months.

Not a turgid pace by any means, but after 14 months, I’m consistent and haven’t flared anything up yet.

Push day today, with abs and treadmill.

3 weeks till retirement. I’m hoping for a great new beginning so that I can go all Benjamin Button and end up looking like Brad Pitt.
    Cylon357 likes this.

You might be expecting a little much out of retirement...

Seriously though, that is cool! Man, I don't know what I would do (but I bet I could figure something out and it would be nice to have options!)

Congratulations!
    Thank you!

Pull day, abs & treadmill. Sputtering a bit now, but high hopes for June and the Summer.

Felt back tightness today. Started walking and realized I was having a mild foot slap (a precursor to a foot drop). By the time I got to my car I had a limp and my leg was tired.

That’s it, work ends next week - enough of this Zoom and sitting behind a computer all day bs.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    That's awesome man, congrats on being done this year. My mom is looking to retire next year after working her ass off her whole life. You should take your millions and move to a more affordable place with lakes and rednecks ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    That's awesome man, congrats on being done this year. My mom is looking to retire next year after working her ass off her whole life. You should take your millions and move to a more affordable place with lakes and rednecks ;-)
    Thanx TM.

For all of the crap people talk, there are nice parts out here & our roots are planted. Yeah, it’s pricey, the value system is whacked & the Socio-economic gaps are criminal, but it’s my wife’s home & we’re here for good.

All of this political crap is overemphasized. Our neighbors are good, hardworking & decent folks.

Time for some serious training.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

That's not a bad plan at all. Cali kills you on all the taxes, but moving just a little ways away, like say Arizona or Nevada, and you got it made.

That's just me tho. Hell, I wasn't even 50 when we moved to Florida...
    Both you guys are correct in your thinking, but home is home (at least for now). Our retirement was planned for living out our days here at our present house. We’re doing good and the weather is fine.

Hello future.

BTW, nice to be around a few guys that have some similar interests, thanks.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Oh hell yeah it’s coming, can you feel it?

Looking at my own reflection ()
    When suddenly it changes (well not that sudden)
    Violently it changes (ok, a tad more subtly)
    There is no turning back now (unless I hurt something else again)
    You’ve woken up the demon in me

Wango 2.0 is on his way.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Be careful you don't end up more like this:

Do NOT quote me on this ! We have seen Dick Cheese in concert and he is hilarious!
    Cylon357 likes this.

As much as both willingly and hate to admit it, I will occasionally work Mr Cheese into my work playlist. Their version of DWTS was in the 2004ish remake of "Dawn of the Dead" and I thought, hmm, I have to check this out.
    Love that flick.

Back, biceps, abs and treadmill. About 3 weeks till the gym goes maskless; I am ready.

Chest, Delts, Tri’s, Abs & treadmill.

Contemplating using the clen that I have left to hasten the fat loss. No cycle till I’m closer to 12%, so a lot more cardio is in my future. Then it’s tren time.

I’m digging my gym by my home, well equipped and empty. Said goodbye to my gym by work, it has served me well since it’s opening 8 years ago.

Final commute back & forth from work today; that I will not miss one single bit.
    Vasculardiscuss likes this.

Going the 4x15 rep route with 30 second rest between sets. When the gym crowd allows- super sets and giant sets. Focus on burning calories. Strict, clean reps with brief hold.

Back, biceps, abs and treadmill again.

Simple goal for this year - best shape of my life. Will go the well rounded/wholistic approach. I have to really address balance more as it’s getting scary unsafe on a ladder. And, I’ve taken a couple of spills courtesy of my cat running between my legs. Plus will be adding yoga, stretching and a lot more cardio. And will actually hit legs a bit (just can’t wear out that hardware though). I figured I got the time.

Fingers crossed my body allows it.
    Cylon357 likes this.

I was going to comment on 'hey, why no leg day?' but didn't you have a hip replacement or something?
    Both were replaced. One at 50, the other at 55. It’s wise to not wear them out. Re-replacing them can be an issue.

But for the sake of better safety/stability, I really have to address the strength & balance issues more.

So relieved, I was finally able to manipulate/pop my stuck Left SacroIliac joint. I was then able to really stretch out that periformis properly. It was literally getting to be a pain in my ass.

So much for 4x15, let’s make it 4x12 so I can feel a bit more resistance. Still keeping rest at 30 seconds between sets.

Pec Deck
    Machine Bench
    Upright rows
    Lateral raises.
    Bent over Lateral Raises
    Machine Dips
    Pressdowns
    Rope Pressdowns
    Overhead Rope Extension

Abs, cable wood chopper in half kneeling position, then treadmill.

20 mcg. Clen per day
    2iu’s HGH per day
    75 mg. Test 2x/wk

Let’s see if the clen can help and get this thing jump started. No tren till I drop 15 - 20. Starting weight is 220.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Starting slow so just walking & stretching this weekend.

Small victory today. I was able to fasten my jeans without this extension. The muffin top even didn’t look too gross, lol.

Seriously thinking of a recumbent tricycle. Pricey, but it will give me some non-weight bearing cardio to mix things up.

2nd day of clen , tolerating it well. Might bump it to 40 in a couple of weeks if getting some success and continue tolerating it. Have gone pretty much Keto as well. Loaded up on veggies at the market this morning and will do some prep later today. Got some sweet looking ahi as well.
    Cylon357 likes this.

4 WS of 12 each
    Pulldowns
    Low Hammer Row
    Face Pulls
    Shrugs
    Machine curls
    Incline curls
    Hammer curls

Neck flexion (getting that dreaded turkey neck dammit), maybe this will help 3 x 12
    Abs
    Treadmill

Taking Atenolol in the afternoon to get the clen speeding me up a bit during my am workouts and get my HR up for my morning cardio. Am I playing a bit with fire at my age; yup. If I don’t post for an extended period, it’s likely that

Will edit with this afternoons activities. Let’s see if that sun can burn some fat and tighten up that skin, lol.

PM: alternate shooting baskets and yard work x 45 minutes
    Last edited by wango; 05-31-2021 at 03:19 PM.

I used to be heavy into both road biking and mountain biking. The first time I rode a recumbent bike I was like 'hmm, wtf is this madness?' 30 minutes later I was thinking 'holy sh!t, here is something else to take money!' Two wheelers are a little clunky to start, but once you get up to speed, you will likely come to the same conclusion that I did. Namely, that these these are stable and FAST. Not so good on hills and probably not as agile as a conventional bike, but man that speed.

Aaaannnndddd just realized you are talking about a trike lol! I'm sure the speed thing likely applies, and I imagine that as long as you are talking about one with two wheels in front, they are even more stable. Plus no concerns about fallovers.

I occasionally browse the classifieds for a recumbent frame as I still have probably enough components laying around to build the rest of it out.
    Yup, two in front. Def more stable and really like the ergonomics. Very posture friendly and little back/neck strain.

Actually had a good friend years ago take a gentle fall off their bike AND was wearing a helmet. They honestly are not the same mentally since. The wife and I had a couple of cruising bikes but sold them. I was getting so paranoid and controlling, I wouldn’t let my wife ride alone.

Excuse me scale, you’re supposed to go in the other direction

A.M

Pec Deck 4x12
    Machine Press 4x12
    Decline Cable Flies 4x12
    Upright Rows 4x12
    Lateral Raises 4x12
    Bent over Lateral Raises 4x10
    Machine Dips 4x12
    SS Rope pressdowns and Overhead Rope Extensions 4x12
    Tricep Kickbacks 3x10

Afternoon walk and I can tell, even with just a couple of days of work, they need a day off tomorrow.

Eating better & very clean, but really need to eat more to get the metabolism going. Looking better in a t-shirt, but take it off and it’s American Horror Story. Hopefully I didn’t frighten too many folks during my walk, but I really needed some sun.

Lat Pulldowns 4x12
    Front shrugs 4x12
    Rear Shrugs with plate in each hand 3x12
    Rear Pec Deck 4x12
    Face Pulls 4x12
    Neck Flexion 3x12

Machine curls 4x12
    Incline Curls 4x12
    Hammer Curls 4x12
    SS Barbell Curls & Reverse Curls 3x12

Abs

PM 1.5 mile walk (yes, I’m starting slow)

Last night saw a rat eating below one of our bird feeders. As I went to chase him off he stood on his rear legs, extended a front paw and introduced himself as Remy. He really thanked us for the food and nice yard and offered to make us dinner.

So I let him in and he and my wife whipped up this truly killer ratatouille. Best my wife ever made, TY little chef Remy. Grilled steak courtesy of sous chef Wango.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-7ed5ae9e-38b1-45a1-8fa9-3b6f56fd7330.jpeg  

charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Lat Pulldowns 4x12
    Front shrugs 4x12
    Rear Shrugs with plate in each hand 3x12
    Rear Pec Deck 4x12
    Face Pulls 4x12
    Neck Flexion 3x12

Machine curls 4x12
    Incline Curls 4x12
    Hammer Curls 4x12
    SS Barbell Curls & Reverse Curls 3x12

Abs

PM 1.5 mile walk (yes, I’m starting slow)

Last night saw a rat eating below one of our bird feeders. As I went to chase him off he stood on his rear legs, extended a front paw and introduced himself as Remy. He really thanked us for the food and nice yard and offered to make us dinner.

So I let him in and he and my wife whipped up this truly killer ratatouille. Best my wife ever made, TY little chef Remy. Grilled steak courtesy of sous chef Wango.
    You should at least kill it before you eat it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You should at least kill it before you eat it!

Yes, we actually did kill little Remy before eating him later tonight. He’s been diced and later will be put in a spicy gumbo. Oops, spoiler alert, that means no “Ratatouille 2” kids.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Man, that took an ugly turn, at least for anthropomorphic rats!

@wango, are you officially retired yet?
    Just joking about Remy. All of the visitors in our yard are considered family. Even the raccoons that completely obliterated our sod in back (replaced it with artificial grass), repeatedly break our bird baths (on our fourth, must be damn tasty water for them) and the squirrels that destroy our patio cushions.

Yup week one is in the books. Solid workouts, better diet, sun and ample time with my cat. Knock on wood, there will be plenty of those weeks that follow.

I swear to God this squirrel said “Dude, you look like you should be in the Mr. O competition”
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-6fe4b869-c1b9-4506-8872-a510b5b3edd6.jpeg  
    Cylon357 and Test Monsterone like this.

Good to hear on the retirement front! Jealous!

BTW, I'm pretty sure that is 'Sammy the Sarcasm Squirrel'. You can't believe anything he says.

This is, of course, discounting any concerns I might have with you believing squirrels are talking to you in fully formed, grammatically correct sentences...

Of course he was being sarcastic, but it worked. He was just buttering me up. Later we bought him and his buddies a bag of peanuts.

Tried for 1.75 miles today. Feel a bit tight, but still good.

Cheating a bit, putting in an order for var. I’m seeing some early subtle changes, but want to accelerate the process. Plus, I got to get my metabolism back up, I let it slow down way too far. Damn this last 14 months

LOL, lifting a heavy bag of groceries awkwardly out of the cart and I strain my shoulder. Stayed out of the gym yesterday, but did a 2 mile walk without any issues.

Trying to get up earlier (granted not my 4:45 am when I worked). To the gym by 8:30 after hanging with the cat, reading the paper & downing multiple cups of coffee.

Pec Deck 4x12
    Decline Cable Flyes 4x12
    Upright Row 4x12 with single drop on last set
    Bent Over flyes 3x10
    Lateral Raises 3x10
    Pressdowns 4 x 8 with single drop last set
    Machine Dips 4 x 8 with single drop on last set
    Rope Pressdowns 4 x 12 with single drop last set

1/2 kneeling wood choppers with cable and lower abs on that “high-chair thing”

Mixed in 3 bouts of 5 minutes on the elliptical in-between exercises.

Protein drink and more cat time presently. Better ice the shoulder and take some Advil though as the shoulder is a little sore.

My 15 year old I-pod crapped out on me today. The wife is going to teach me how to get my tunes on my I-phone and I’m going to enter the modern age and use wireless ear-buds. Ain’t wearing any fancy workout clothes though, strictly baggy old-school sweats.

charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    LOL, lifting a heavy bag of groceries awkwardly out of the cart and I strain my shoulder. Stayed out of the gym yesterday, but did a 2 mile walk without any issues.

Trying to get up earlier (granted not my 4:45 am when I worked). To the gym by 8:30 after hanging with the cat, reading the paper & downing multiple cups of coffee.

Pec Deck 4x12
    Decline Cable Flyes 4x12
    Upright Row 4x12 with single drop on last set
    Bent Over flyes 3x10
    Lateral Raises 3x10
    Pressdowns 4 x 8 with single drop last set
    Machine Dips 4 x 8 with single drop on last set
    Rope Pressdowns 4 x 12 with single drop last set

1/2 kneeling wood choppers with cable and lower abs on that “high-chair thing”

Mixed in 3 bouts of 5 minutes on the elliptical in-between exercises.

Protein drink and more cat time presently. Better ice the shoulder and take some Advil though as the shoulder is a little sore.

My 15 year old I-pod crapped out on me today. The wife is going to teach me how to get my tunes on my I-phone and I’m going to enter the modern age and use wireless ear-buds. Ain’t wearing any fancy workout clothes though, strictly baggy old-school sweats.
    When your wife tells you, please relay the information. I want to download music to a thumb drive for my car. Since Napster is gone, I do not know how to. LOL
    I don’t want to be using the Internet to listen to music.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    When your wife tells you, please relay the information. I want to download music to a thumb drive for my car. Since Napster is gone, I do not know how to. LOL
    I don’t want to be using the Internet to listen to music.

Will do.

Vasculardiscuss is offline Junior Member
    Wango, congratulations on your retirement!

I've just recently heard of clen , I'm going to do a little research on it. Sounds like a popular supplement to help burn some fat. How are your energy levels affected with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculardiscuss View Post
    Wango, congratulations on your retirement!

I've just recently heard of clen, I'm going to do a little research on it. Sounds like a popular supplement to help burn some fat. How are your energy levels affected with it?
    Thank you, appreciated.

Got to say, it doesn’t do a thing for my energy. Honestly, coffee does more for me personally. Also, there are more than a few people that will tell you it makes them feel like crap and they don’t use it because of that. My first run with it pre-Covid did help with the fat loss, but honestly, I didn’t like how I felt. Right now I’m keeping it at a low dosage and in the a.m. only. I’m thinking that I might get some var as it matches well.

Machine curls 4x10
    Incline curls 4x8
    Hammer curls 3x10 with a drop set each set
    Seated curls with cable (where you row) 4x10
    Reverse curls 3x12

Abs

Stationary cycle x 15. With no atenolol in the morning, I can get my heart rate well above 100 again. My legs are toast after only 3 straight days of cardio. However, no pain or severe stiffness so that means this old man is headed in the right direction.

Pulldowns 4x8
    Low Hammer Rows 4 x8
    Front shrugs 4x10
    Anti-turkey neck neck flexion 4x12
    Facepulls 4x12
    Rear Pec Deck 4x10

SS barbell curls with reverse curls 4x10-12
    Incline curls 4x12

Wood choppers in 1/2 kneel
    More abs

1.8 miles this afternoon

Wife said my middle is slimming down, so things moving in the right direction.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Liked for 'anti turkey neck neck flexion' lol!
    Dude, I was teaching on zoom for 10 months, which is essentially like looking into a mirror continually. Even the zoom filter wouldn’t erase that damn turkey neck. Wrinkles? Gone with the filter! Turkey neck, NOPE!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Weighed in at 216 this morning, starting weight was 220-221. Stomach is tighter, gut is less due to the woodchoppers as they really tone up the obliques and pull that sheath down tight over the rectus/abs.

PM workout and the first in a long time not fasted. Yesterday I was getting a little light headed. 3 tablespoons of white rice added to chicken and veggies and wow. White rice is a great pre workout carb for me and when I start to cycle, I’ll add it, but currently trying to go Keto as much as possible.

Pressdowns 4x8 with drop on last set
    Close Grip Bench 5x8
    Machine Dips 4x10
    Rope Pressdowns 4x8 with DD after last set
    Tricep Kickbacks 2 drop sets of 10

3 sets of 6 minutes on the elliptical intermixed in-between above. Damn, no atenolol yet today, haven’t had my heart rate over 130 in I don’t know how long.

Without a shirt I went from Good-God what is that thing/avert the eyes, to dude, really not the greatest to look at, please put your shirt back on.

Ordered blood work (haven’t had it in 1 1/2 years) and also some var.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information