Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Riding the gravy train of no shoulder pain is sweet.

Pec Deck
    Hammer Incline Bench
    Machine close grip bench
    Rope/pulley upright Rows
    Machine laterals
    Tricep press downs
    Triceps Machine Extensions

Plenty of warm-up sets, generally 4-5 WS of 8 reps for each. Ended up adding 1-2 plates onto every exercise. Taking advantage of this luxury while I can and being extremely careful with my shoulder doing day to day stuff, particularly if it’s overhead.

Dreary weather & a fresh log on the fireplace, might be another Pink Floyd evening.

TRT at 100 mg. so I can have more reasonable test BW numbers for my endo doc in a couple of weeks.

Loaded up on 100 pounds of bags of peanuts at Costco yesterday. I’ve created ravenous monsters out of the squirrels in our backyard. They are waiting at our back patio sliding door when I awake. Still, they are friendly little fellas (and gals).
    Cylon357 and JaneDoe like this.

Was chilling this morning and my biceps cried out “wtf dude, torch us”, & I did!

Lat Pulldowns
    Low Hammer Machine Rows
    Shrugs
    High Pulls
    Neck Flexion

4 WS of 8 of each, went heavier on everything but neck.

Machine curls
    Machine Preacher curls

6 WS of each. However 4 of those were 5 reps with more resistance added again and using rest-pause to grind out last rep. Forgot I had fasted since lunch yesterday and got queasy, but stuck it out. Despite calorie/carb depletion, even got a nice pump. Ready now for lunch for sure.

Needed steak for dinner and a bit more firewood (yup currently get it at our grocery store, but not for long). Followed out an feeble elderly woman with a grocery worker pushing her loaded cart. The sweet old lady was stooped over & walking like a tortoise, poor thing. Loading up my trunk, look over and the grocery worker is loading up this sweet old woman’s brand new spanking new Porsche Panorama S. Feeble old lady my ass! F’n Los Angeles is a trip.

Darn it, want to raise my TRT dosage, but have to hold tight till my BW is done. All things considered (diet is underwhelming) my muscles are making some gains.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm following, any growth goals for this year?
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    I'm following, any growth goals for this year?
    Yes, definitely, but with limited expectations. I’ve got to protect my shoulders & I want to keep my blood work & my BP within a reasonable range. It’s ridiculous to push it at this stage of life, but I still can have some fun & make a bit of progress.

Always nice to see you hear. Sorry again for the prank on New Year’s Eve.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Yes, definitely, but with limited expectations. I’ve got to protect my shoulders & I want to keep my blood work & my BP within a reasonable range. It’s ridiculous to push it at this stage of life, but I still can have some fun & make a bit of progress.

Always nice to see you hear. Sorry again for the prank on New Year’s Eve.
    I was worried about you because you are a good guy, I like you brother! But glad it was a new year's eve joke

Good things to do bro monitor BP and blood test... Can you tell me what level of HCT a guy feels good, like there are guys that pass 55% without bad sides, what is preached is that it can kill us! But I have great friends who never followed the blood test

I was worried about you because you are a good guy, I like you brother! But glad it was a new year's eve joke

Good things to do bro monitor BP and blood test... Can you tell me what level of HCT a guy feels good, like there are guys that pass 55% without bad sides, what is preached is that it can kill us! But I have great friends who never followed the blood test
    TY for your concern Davi, you are a great guy!

55 is out of range and high. Your heart (left ventricle) is continually pumping harder to push the extra Red Blood Cells around. I personally don’t like mine higher than 50 and I rarely if ever exceed that with the levels of AAS I use. That’s way to high for a competitive cyclist as well & could kill them during a long race.

Blog Entries
    Your opinion is appreciated! Well from your experience is it likely that a guy has high HCT without experiencing side effects like high BP etc? And to what extent can the use of testosterone thicken the blood? A single cycle of testosterone wouldn't increase HCT that much right?? I wanted to know if there is a specific time for the use of AAS to reach a mark so high above 54%+ ..Or it varies from organism to organism?
    I say this because sometimes an individual can have thick blood without having bad sides, that's why I have this doubt that depending on the body a guy can take longer to feel the HCT elevation than others.
    A double-edged sword, as I said, I know monsters who abuse steroids for years and have never suffered from bad sides, I'm even amazed

Your opinion is appreciated! Well from your experience is it likely that a guy has high HCT without experiencing side effects like high BP etc? And to what extent can the use of testosterone thicken the blood? A single cycle of testosterone wouldn't increase HCT that much right?? I wanted to know if there is a specific time for the use of AAS to reach a mark so high above 54%+ ..Or it varies from organism to organism?
    I say this because sometimes an individual can have thick blood without having bad sides, that's why I have this doubt that depending on the body a guy can take longer to feel the HCT elevation than others.
    A double-edged sword, as I said, I know monsters who abuse steroids for years and have never suffered from bad sides, I'm even amazed
    I actually wouldn’t see as big a change in BP.

It’s why you take BW regularly and pre cycle, so you understand what your norm is. We all vary greatly & it likely will include your HCT response. Yup, some folks can do lots of drugs, chemicals & be just fine. Then there is the opposite.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wango I highly recommend the app you can download it for iPhone or android ..It is a training record application, I am using it. With it you can program your training based on dates, in short you can control the periodization of your training with it!

wango likes this.

Wango I highly recommend the app you can download it for iPhone or android ..It is a training record application, I am using it. With it you can program your training based on dates, in short you can control the periodization of your training with it!

Thank you Davi! Greatly appreciated!

Got an abundance of carbs to burn off. The wife made a killer loaf of sourdough bread last week. Extra rice with the steak kabobs. Extra falafel for the hummus, topped off by pizza for the football weekend. Carbs are good for growth right?

Lat Pulldowns
    Machine Rows
    Rear pec dec
    Machine Preacher curls
    Machine Curls
    Reverse Curls

4 WS of 8. Some rest-pause and drop sets on biceps. Adding resistance even with only 100 mg. of test. Feeling good, though mentally exhausted from this weekend in the NFL, never seen anything like it.

Unilateral leg press

2 rounds on the elliptical machine.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Got an abundance of carbs to burn off. The wife made a killer loaf of sourdough bread last week. Extra rice with the steak kabobs. Extra falafel for the hummus, topped off by pizza for the football weekend. Carbs are good for growth right?

Lat Pulldowns
    Machine Rows
    Rear pec dec
    Machine Preacher curls
    Machine Curls
    Reverse Curls

4 WS of 8. Some rest-pause and drop sets on biceps. Adding resistance even with only 100 mg. of test. Feeling good, though mentally exhausted from this weekend in the NFL, never seen anything like it.

Unilateral leg press

2 rounds on the elliptical machine.
    I'm right there with you on this!
    wango likes this.

Feeling it.

Pec Deck
    Machine Hammer Shoulder Press
    Machine Hammer incline Press
    *After reading my thread, Hammer reached out to me and they are now my sponsor.
    Low pulley rope upright rows
    Decline Cable Flies
    Machine lateral raises
    Cable Pressdowns
    Overhead Triceps Extensions
    Machine Triceps Extensions

4 WS x 8 (dropped to 6 for a few final sets)
    Again managed to add plates without pain for everything. I’m in unchartered territory and ain’t complaining.

Really looking at my extremely limited external rotation in both shoulders. Just realized brushing the opposite side of my head with my good shoulder is getting difficult. I’m doing ridiculously light resistant elastic bans for a small (15-20 degree) range. It’s pathetic, but it’s better that than nothing. Moving to fret #1 and #2 might be getting easier, but I just didn’t anticipate this road bump when I started this guitar journey

That said, feeling good about life. Can’t wait to bump up TRT and cycle. If the resistance is jumping steady now? Wow the Summer should be something.

Currently watching squirrels fornicate in our tree; will post pics later.

Blog Entries
    Feeling it.

Pec Deck
    Machine Hammer Shoulder Press
    Machine Hammer incline Press
    *After reading my thread, Hammer reached out to me and they are now my sponsor.
    Low pulley rope upright rows
    Decline Cable Flies
    Machine lateral raises
    Cable Pressdowns
    Overhead Triceps Extensions
    Machine Triceps Extensions

4 WS x 8 (dropped to 6 for a few final sets)
    Again managed to add plates without pain for everything. I’m in unchartered territory and ain’t complaining.

Really looking at my extremely limited external rotation in both shoulders. Just realized brushing the opposite side of my head with my good shoulder is getting difficult. I’m doing ridiculously light resistant elastic bans for a small (15-20 degree) range. It’s pathetic, but it’s better that than nothing. Moving to fret #1 and #2 might be getting easier, but I just didn’t anticipate this road bump when I started this guitar journey

That said, feeling good about life. Can’t wait to bump up TRT and cycle. If the resistance is jumping steady now? Wow the Summer should be something.

Currently watching squirrels fornicate in our tree; will post pics later.
    I laughed out loud at both the Hammer sponsorship and the squirrels!

No pics, please...
    JaneDoe and wango like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I laughed out loud at both the Hammer sponsorship and the squirrels!

No pics, please...
    Sure, not a problem, lol. I missed the best shot. After he realized he was on camera, the little dude flipped me off. Guess I deserved it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-7f2c7112-be72-42b6-b665-e97190ec6d34.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-6437e34d-a099-43d9-b7eb-49dda812c706.jpeg  
    JaneDoe and Cylon357 like this.

Legs, abs and elliptical. Added one plate (went from 10# to a whopping 25#!) to the unilateral leg press but kept my form clean and with a knee bend to 90 degrees. Also tried standing from 1/2 kneel with the assist of the TRX straps (absolute necessity). Legs were fried at one set of 7.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Lat Pulldowns 4x8
    Low Hammer Rows 4x8
    Shrugs 4x8
    Neck Flexion (gobble, gobble) 3x12
    Bent over rear Delt Raises 3x10 (no pain, yay)

Machine Preacher Curls 2x6, 4x5 (still more resistance and feeling good). Drop set on last set
    Machine Curls (similar to seated Dumbbell curls) 6x5 with drop set on last
    Reverse curls 4x8
    SS wrist curls with reverse wrist curls 3x12

One round of elliptical and my legs were screaming no mas due to yesterday’s WO.

Digging the Dave Draper book so bought another. He is quote worthy & am marking them in the book, then post my favs.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Pec Deck
    Hammer Shoulder Press
    Hammer Incline Chest Press
    Front raises (got to careful with this one)
    Upright Rows with cable/rope
    Machine lateral raises
    SS rope pressdowns with overhead Rope extensions
    Machine close grip bench

4-5 WS each adding weight to 8 reps (except front raises )

Unilateral leg press 4x10 (added that 4th set and was able to use that massive 25# of resistance again)

5th straight day at the gym; that hasn’t happened since 2019. Thank you Dave Draper, I drew a lot of inspiration from your simple, but eloquent written words.

Blog Entries
    Pec Deck
    Hammer Shoulder Press
    Machine lateral raises
    Machine close grip bench

Unilateral leg press 4x10 (added that 4th set and was able to use that massive 25# of resistance again)

5th straight day at the gym; that hasn’t happened since 2019. Thank you Dave Draper, I drew a lot of inspiration from your simple, but eloquent written words.
    Very good bro
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Pec Deck
    Hammer Shoulder Press
    Machine lateral raises
    Machine close grip bench

Good job keeping at it!

BTW, your avatar makes me think "Danzig"
    wango and JaneDoe like this.

Good job keeping at it!

BTW, your avatar makes me think "Danzig"
    TY, resurgence of energy, let’s see if it persists.

Lol, Danzig. Heck of a voice! That avi was from when I was 58 or 59, I was a toddler then - my God, I could still do incline & flat bench with free weights.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Reading my next Draper book. It’s like reading philosophy & I’ve never read a philosopher of weight training/bodybuilding. I’ve never read a philosopher with the simplicity of words DD uses. This dude is motivating me like none other. His words are so simple, yet so profound.

“What freedom you have! Freedom to vote, speak, worship and work out - work out any day of the week, any way you want and wherever you can. All you need is some purpose, some barbells and dumbbells, a little knowledge, a lot of heart and plenty of guts. From these basic ingredients great bodies, minds and souls are built.

It’s never too old to start fresh, get busy living or . . . .
    Last edited by wango; 01-29-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Reading my next Draper book. It’s like reading philosophy & I’ve never read a philosopher of weight training/bodybuilding. I’ve never read a philosopher with the simplicity of words DD uses. This dude is motivating me like none other. His words are so simple, yet so profound.

“What freedom you have! Freedom to vote, speak, worship and work out - work out any day of the week, any way you want and wherever you can. All you need is some purpose, some barbells and dumbbells, a little knowledge, a lot of heart and plenty of guts. From these basic ingredients great bodies, minds and souls are built.

It’s never too old to start fresh, get busy living or . . . .
    Motivating words brother!
    wango likes this.

Motivating words brother!
    TY Davi. Going to make Dave Draper quotes a regular addition here.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    TY Davi. Going to make Dave Draper quotes a regular addition here.
    Wow, awesome bro !

Pulldowns 4 x 8
    Low Hammer machine rows 5 x 6
    Shrugs 4 x 8
    Gobble gobble neck flexion 3 x12
    Bent over rear raises 4 x 10
    High face pulls 4 x10

Machine curls (similar to seated dumbbells) 2 x 6, 4 x 5
    Machine preacher curls 5 x 5
    Low pulley rope hammer curls 4 x 8
    3 Giant Sets of wrist curls, reverse wrist curls and reverse curls (10 reps)

Don’t know why I get antsy after about 60-70 minutes as I’ve got little else to do.

Breakfast prep done, goal this week is getting a protein shake added once per day & some longer afternoon walks. 3 weeks to go till blood work, then it’s a blast. Right now only 100 mg./week of testosterone , hell I ain’t even using my HGH.

Arms looking fuller, thanks again Dave Draper.

Blog Entries

Arms looking fuller, thanks again Dave Draper.
    What is Dave's training approach?
    wango likes this.

What is Dave's training approach?
    These 2 books aren’t training or diet guides.

He preaches simplicity. From what I’ve read so far, he worked out 6 days a week when younger, likes higher volumes (5 sets per exercise), multiple exercises per body part. His reps range from 6-12. He loves supersets & uses them constantly. 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% healthy fat. Eliminate sugar & junk food. He preaches consistently and not missing workouts or meals. Honestly, it really seems that he was not in love with AAS and hasn’t uttered a word yet about his usage, in fact he criticized them in the 1960’s.

He’s definitely old school, which is why I like his writing.

Wife made more homemade bread and had some with my eggs and veggies pre-workout (haven’t had simple carbs pre-workout since 2019).

Pec Deck 4x8
    Hammer Military Press 4 x 7 (bump up weight, #7 is a definite challenge, but no shoulder pain)
    Hammer Incline Chest press 4 x 7 (same)
    Close Grip Machine Bench 4 x 7 (same)
    SS Front raises with lateral raises 3 x 12
    Machine lateral raises 4 x 8

Triceps press downs 4 x 7
    Overhead Rope Extensions 4 x 8
    Machine Triceps Extensions 3 x 20

Wow, the bread gave me the best pump I’ve had in a few years. Due to the prices and the new year, the gym is filling up and there are a few folks that are really starting to bug me (what else is new ).
    Cylon357 likes this.

Lat Pulldowns 4x8
    Machine Rows 2x8, 2x6
    Shrugs 4x8
    Neck Flexion 3x10
    Bent over flies 4x10

Added resistance on all, intensity definitely is ramping up & body is handling it.

Low pulley bicep curls 4x8
    Machine Preacher curls 5x6
    Machine curls 4x6
    3 Giant sets of wrist curls, reverse wrist curls & reverse curls 12 reps each

Again, bumped up resistance & this was a solid/intense bicep workout. Great body tolerance, no issues. Hopefully it’s a continued “full speed ahead” that will really blossom when I blast after BW. But now, it’s time to really get more protein in me, have been lazy there, but at least added a protein bar each day & bumped up my egg proportion for breakfast.

Same dickhead at the gym slamming his weights, hogging multiple stations and not cleaning his machines after use (hey, this IS Planet Fitness .)
    Last edited by wango; 02-03-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Good work Wango! Tell the gym owner to scold the idiot, he has to know it's not his gym.
    wango likes this.

Running a tad late this morning. This mini, but LDL laden meal demanded I take a pic. Leftover steak & spinach.Then add a fresh egg from the farmers market. On my final cup of coffee.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-628a44ba-bde8-4356-8a3a-9c8c78a6e6ca.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-c98555f9-cc63-4212-a273-33a649694ad8.jpeg  

Blog Entries
    Running a tad late this morning. This mini, but LDL laden meal demanded I take a pic. Leftover steak & spinach.Then add a fresh egg from the farmers market. On my final cup of coffee.
    Man that is a good looking meal! Add some homemade bread and I would be comatose!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wow !Very good bro
    wango likes this.

Man that is a good looking meal! Add some homemade bread and I would be comatose!
    We ate the last of her newest loaf, last night, but that would have been perfect.

Props to my baby, I microwaved the spinach & steak, but knew I’d screw up the star of that plate (the egg) so she came to the rescue.

Post workout lunch courtesy of Shake Shack (directly next to the gym). Double beef patty with cheese - apparently I’m trying to block every artery with plaque in just one day. Oh well, it’s been a nice run . . . but, I do hear red wine is good for the heart! That will fix me up later I’m sure, just better drink a little extra to make up for breakfasts & lunches sins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-d21227ad-5436-43fb-817e-270ab4647c2e.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

Wow !Very good bro
    Thank you Davi, I got to catch up in the arm department with you as you are seriously growing!

Hammer Military Press 3x8, 2x6
    Hammer Incline Chest Press 3x8, 2x6
    Machine Close grip Chest Press 3x8, 2x6

All WS with increased resistance so that the last reps were to failure & definitely a serious strain with no breakdown in form.

Low pulley rope upright rows 5x8
    SS front raises with lateral raises 3 sets x12

Tricep pressdowns 5x6
    Overhead Rope Extensions 4x8
    Machine Triceps Extensions 5x8

Unilateral leg press: added another plate to a monster #40! Form was clean, 1 final set at that new weight, 80-90 degree knee flexion.

Haven’t had a chest, shoulder and triceps pump like this since blasting in 2019. Also just stringing two great weeks together hasn’t happened since 2019 as well, patting myself on the back. Triceps actually still feel warm & pumped.

Weekends are off, looking forward to Monday’s workout. Got to stock up more HGH, saw the euro pharmacy/Killionb post (I too have had great success with the same brand). Going to use 3 mg with next blast in a few weeks. Now thinking test/deca initially and finishing off with test/tren (all very reasonable doses).

Fingers crossed that my good fortune continues.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Bizarre weekend, actually I need more rest to recover. When I awoke, I actually thought I was dreaming, but I wasn’t.

Lat Pulldowns 4x8
    Machine Rows 5x6
    Bent over raises 3x12
    Shrugs 4x8

Machine curls 6x5
    Machine Preacher curls 6x5
    Reverse curls 4x8
    SS wrist curls with reverse wrist curls 3x12-15

Guitar skills inching forward slowly but def progressing. Working on my external rotation/RC and actually have about 20 more degrees. That ain’t much, but for making my way from the 9th fret to the first, that’s almost night & day. Really a big relief as I thought I was going to stop and relearn to play left handed.

Blog Entries
    Bizarre weekend, actually I need more rest to recover. When I awoke, I actually thought I was dreaming, but I wasn’t.

Lat Pulldowns 4x8
    Machine Rows 5x6
    Bent over raises 3x12
    Shrugs 4x8

Machine curls 6x5
    Machine Preacher curls 6x5
    Reverse curls 4x8
    SS wrist curls with reverse wrist curls 3x12-15

Guitar skills inching forward slowly but def progressing. Working on my external rotation/RC and actually have about 20 more degrees. That ain’t much, but for making my way from the 9th fret to the first, that’s almost night & day. Really a big relief as I thought I was going to stop and relearn to play left handed.
    Looks like you are making good progress in both the gym and with the guitar. Nice! This retirement thing must be nice!
    wango and JaneDoe like this.

Blog Entries
    That's right, Wango is becoming a beast on the guitar and his training is magnificent, as always! Her meals are very good, just following along gives an increase in appetite. Keep going brother! Soon you will become an anabolic member when reaching 2.000 posts on the forum, congratulations for that and for always posting good content that adds a lot!
    wango likes this.

Still recovering from the weekend. Then had to move furniture out to the driveway for donation on Tuesday. Well those collectively kicked my butt for yesterday and maybe even today. No injuries at least.

Learning “War Pigs” by Black Sabbath. A natural I am not If this were how I was trying to spend my free time while still working, this hobby would be over by now. Learning how to coordinate my ring finger & pinky finger on scale type exercises is driving me nuts.

Man I like CY’s CrossFit type approach, got to hand it to him, he also put the guitar idea back into my head a while back as well. Cy the idea guy.

Off for a morning walk, we’re experiencing Summer weather already.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information