Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree1162Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    BTW, those don't look like disc brakes. Are they some sort of internal hub / drum setup?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    That's the thing with recumbent bikes: so so comfortable compared to a standard road bike, though some do feel a little awkward if the pedals are higher than the seat. Gives me some idea of what a pelvic exam must be like. That particular model doesn't look too bad though.

I've never ridden a trike but I bet it is stable as hell. Recumbents, despite looking and feeling a little awkward sometimes, do get steady at speed. And you will start feeling the need for speed!
    It was perfectly comfortable & took no effort to adjust to the pedals, which did sit a little lower on that bike compared to others in the shop. Speed shouldn’t be difficult, but it isn’t my priority. I forgot what she said about the type of brakes. Lots of thinking going on. Fun test ride through.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Full body workout today except abs. 2 days of Spring yard work totally kicked my butt.

Got my deposit back for the trike; I was just rushing it. Plus found another German brand that I dig and even with a custom order, the turn around isn’t more than a couple of months. Still debating.
    JaneDoe and Cylon357 like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Full body workout today except abs. 2 days of Spring yard work totally kicked my butt.

Got my deposit back for the trike; I was just rushing it. Plus found another German brand that I dig and even with a custom order, the turn around isn’t more than a couple of months. Still debating.
    A full body workout is quite tiring isn't it?

I wish you a great weekend my friend Wango!
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    A full body workout is quite tiring isn't it?

I wish you a great weekend my friend Wango!
    It’s not bad because I’ve got to go easy with the legs, chest & delts. But my arms get pushed hard.

Took last week off to dedicate to Spring gardening and some other house matters. A few hours of gardening per day completely kicks my butt at this stage.

Well, tossed out all of my orals today and a vial of deca . Couldn’t stand to toss my tren or HGH though. I just thought that I might be stupid enough to reverse my decision and do a summer blast.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Took last week off to dedicate to Spring gardening and some other house matters. A few hours of gardening per day completely kicks my butt at this stage.

Well, tossed out all of my orals today and a vial of deca. Couldn’t stand to toss my tren or HGH though. I just thought that I might be stupid enough to reverse my decision and do a summer blast.
    I got some "bonus proviron " from one of my last orders. I'm pretty sure it is dbol ... 3 days on and up 5 pounds of bloat. So... that is getting tossed. Must be the time of the year to toss orals...
    wango likes this.

I got some "bonus proviron" from one of my last orders. I'm pretty sure it is dbol... 3 days on and up 5 pounds of bloat. So... that is getting tossed. Must be the time of the year to toss orals...
    I figured my liver is shot already & as much as I liked var, why push the orals? Tren though? That stuff is lightening in a bottle.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Man was that a lot of $ I just disposed of, but needed to go as it is time.

2 miler yesterday. Full body workout today with some added treadmill.

Pec Dec
    Lat Pulldowns
    Machine Rows
    Hammer Military Press
    Cable press downs
    Machine lateral raises
    Shrugs
    Machine Triceps Extensions
    Machine Preacher curls
    Machine Crunches
    Unilateral leg press
    6 sets of 12-15 external rotation for each shoulder (done intermittently between exercises)

4 WS of 8-10 each

Took a small tip-off of my left index finger with garden shears 3 weeks ago, it’s about 75% healed, but have laid off of the guitar temporarily.

Feeling good, reading and watching our birds. Happy hour commences in a few hours.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Let me say that retirement is liberating to the point of heaven. I’m still doing TRT, but lifting less. I wish my shoulders were better or I’d be more enthusiastic, but it is what it is.
    Cylon357 likes this.

3.8 miles today, toasted. My wife is a beast, she likes 6 miles regularly. She told me we had a third 18 hole golf course in our park area & I called bs. Man was I wrong. Today I found out one of our courses has a footgolf course as well. I clearly have to get out more.

Finger healed, return to my guitar.
    Cylon357 likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are being summoned to the castle! LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You are being summoned to the castle! LMAO

On my GAWD
    Cylon357 and JaneDoe like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wango how is your weight training going, have you also read any books?
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    Wango how is your weight training going, have you also read any books?
    Better, my shoulder got re aggravated & I needed a week and a half off. Back to a 4 day, push pull.

Reading a ton: currently on the history/origin of the Taliban & just got a couple on the history of Russia and Ukraine since the 90’s. I keep Amazon in business with just my book purchases, lol.
    s1nc1ty and JaneDoe like this.

Best week in 3 years. In the gym every day. 2 push, 2 days legs, 2 pull days. Yes, still fit into 5 days. Abs and cardio every day. Super clean diet and stayed off of the alcohol 2 nights (minor miracle for me). One night of fasting. 5 pounds off the scale (sure, a bunch of water) that had accumulated since tweaking my shoulder. Feeling good, no soreness. Time to hit the books.
    Cylon357 and JaneDoe like this.

Another killer week. 2 push days, 2 pull days. Abs all 4 days. 5 days of cardio.

All workouts in the morning & fasted, plus intermittent fasting the entire week. Alcohol free x 3 evenings.

Down 7 pounds in 2 weeks and can tell it’s not all water.

I thought that I had totally fucked my shoulder 4 weeks ago, as in it wasn’t getting better, ever. I can’t believe it; 100% improvement & back to all of my Hammer pressing movements. I’ll take whatever my body gives me and say thank you. 150 mg./wk. TRT only.

Having our favorite friends over tomorrow, chillin.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Another killer week. 2 push days, 2 pull days. Abs all 4 days. 5 days of cardio.

All workouts in the morning & fasted, plus intermittent fasting the entire week. Alcohol free x 3 evenings.

Down 7 pounds in 2 weeks and can tell it’s not all water.

I thought that I had totally fucked my shoulder 4 weeks ago, as in it wasn’t getting better, ever. I can’t believe it; 100% improvement & back to all of my Hammer pressing movements. I’ll take whatever my body gives me and say thank you. 150 mg./wk. TRT only.

Having our favorite friends over tomorrow, chillin.
    Chilling periodically is always a good plan!
    wango likes this.

Push yesterday with abs, pull today. Cardio with each.

Back to higher volume & resistance. Mirror looking better. No booze last 2 days and a fast tonight through dinner, till noon tomorrow.

Choosing between 15 colors for outside paint. Getting close, but what a PITA.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Push yesterday with abs, pull today. Cardio with each.

Back to higher volume & resistance. Mirror looking better. No booze last 2 days and a fast tonight through dinner, till noon tomorrow.

Choosing between 15 colors for outside paint. Getting close, but what a PITA.
    WAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNGGGOO back at it! Keep killing it, brother!
    wango likes this.

WAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNGGGOO back at it! Keep killing it, brother!
    Thank you brother, keeping at it.

4 mile hike Wednesday, push day with some cardio yesterday, but a very sweet pull day today with full cardio & abs.

Fasted workouts are getting brutal so might start adding a small breakfast prior.

Scale plateaued this week, but the mirror is showing weight redistribution to my pecs, arms and delts; so I’m good. I’m definitely approaching pre-Covid levels, though not as “muscular”, as I cycled in 2019 and put on some “size”.

Man, if I added var, clen , T-3 and HGH, this would be coming along quickly, but I want to do it through TRT, diet and cardio only. It feels right.

Man, I wish these current books were page-turners, because it is slooooow going.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank you brother, keeping at it.

4 mile hike Wednesday, push day with some cardio yesterday, but a very sweet pull day today with full cardio & abs.

Fasted workouts are getting brutal so might start adding a small breakfast prior.

Scale plateaued this week, but the mirror is showing weight redistribution to my pecs, arms and delts; so I’m good. I’m definitely approaching pre-Covid levels, though not as “muscular”, as I cycled in 2019 and put on some “size”.

Man, if I added var, clen , T-3 and HGH, this would be coming along quickly, but I want to do it through TRT, diet and cardio only. It feels right.

Man, I wish these current books were page-turners, because it is slooooow going.
    Yes use all of that stuff and have atrial fibrillation!
    BTW- you forgot to add a little ephedrine in the mix.

wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Yes use all of that stuff and have atrial fibrillation!
    BTW- you forgot to add a little ephedrine in the mix.

Atrial fib? Nope, gotta keep the BP reasonable, trying to keep clear of a CVA. Plus, just trying to give my liver a bit of a break.

Week 4 is over. 3 days of great cardio & 3 resistance workouts. This week added walking to and from the gym as well.

2 push days w/nice gains on pressing motions. Heavier on all w/zero pain. Form is strict, Uber-controlled and slow. It is sad/funny trying to raise my arms so I can grab any machine handle above my head. I’m thinking now, successfully putting something in the overhead bin in an airplane is not going to happen.

Hammer Incline chest press
    Hammer Military press
    Close grip machine chest press
    Machine dips

1 pull day only, but still feeling it 72 hours later.

No evening (dinner) fasts this week as I want to see my body’s weight stay level for a bit. Diet is super clean and only carbs are veggies. Breakfast added 2x this week. Even with an increase in calories, body weight has not changed, but mid-section is slimmer w/ arms, Delts and pecs are perking up. Once again, alcohol eliminated for three evenings. Now it’s time for two days off with the knowledge that it’s well earned & I’m headed in the right direction.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Got this thing about busy gyms during peak hours & weekends. Looked in the mirror, saw the progress & said f it. Nice back, biceps & abs workout. Walked 1.5 miles each way to and from the gym. Abs covered in fat, but starting to make their presence known. I feel some sashimi and salad tonight.

Enjoying nice weather, but Summer is coming and water rationing is starting out here. The regions goal is 80 gallons per person, per day. How the hell the wife & I aren’t there already is beyond me. Motto of the summer: if it’s yellow, let it mellow.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Oh hell yeah, my reward for yesterday’s sacrifice was dropping below 210 for the first time in 3 years. Today is officially a rest day though, got books up the wazoo.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Oh hell yeah, my reward for yesterday’s sacrifice was dropping below 210 for the first time in 3 years. Today is officially a rest day though, got books up the wazoo.
    Congratulations! I personally cracked below 180 the other day for the first time in 6 months... Progress!
    wango likes this.

Congratulations! I personally cracked below 180 the other day for the first time in 6 months... Progress!
    Congratulations back at you. Nothing like the positive reinforcement from progress to keep us going!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Counting my blessings. Motivation continues & I “destroyed” a push workout. All pressing movements are heavier and pain free. Bless the variety in machines and bless Planet Fitness. The place flat out rocks.

1.5 miles to the gym, 2.0 miles back. We have a crazy neighborhood adjoining ours ( but across the freeway ) with 7000 square foot plus mansions. Some are just flat out big & uninteresting, but damn, some are pretty f’n cool. Got to sneak into one that’s being constructed, it’s a beast & it looks like there’s 2 guest houses going up behind it as well.

Firing up that grill for dinner!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Week 5 in the books.

The scale is f’n with me, but the mirror isn’t, so I’m happy.

I’m thinking it’s possible that I tore more of my RC tendon off of its attachment which is why my pain is less. That’s what happened on my left shoulder. It’s crazy how some arcs of motion are impossible, or are excruciatingly painful. Yet, other motions have gotten less painful or not painful at all, and considerably stronger (like those involved on the weight machines). Thankfully the shoulders are not weight bearing or the osteoarthritis would be awful at this stage. Hopefully I have a few years before shoulder replacements are a necessity.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Week 5 in the books.

The scale is f’n with me, but the mirror isn’t, so I’m happy.

I’m thinking it’s possible that I tore more of my RC tendon off of its attachment which is why my pain is less. That’s what happened on my left shoulder. It’s crazy how some arcs of motion are impossible, or are excruciatingly painful. Yet, other motions have gotten less painful or not painful at all, and considerably stronger (like those involved on the weight machines). Thankfully the shoulders are not weight bearing or the osteoarthritis would be awful at this stage.

Hopefully I have a many, many years before shoulder replacements are a necessity.
    Fixed
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Dupe
    Last edited by Cylon357; 06-03-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Fixed
    Thank you good buddy!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    BTW, where did you land on the bike thing? Recumbent (aka 'bent) or ?
    wango likes this.

BTW, where did you land on the bike thing? Recumbent (aka 'bent) or ?
    As awesomely perfect as the recumbent really was, it’s just not doable. Garage space is too restricted, not a fan of my own bike repair skills & transporting that beast is impossible. That said, every time I’m out walking, I’m thinking how f’n cool it would be. Did I mention that the darn thing was perfect? Darn it, just not in the cards.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    As awesomely perfect as the recumbent really was, it’s just not doable. Garage space is too restricted, not a fan of my own bike repair skills & transporting that beast is impossible. That said, every time I’m out walking, I’m thinking how f’n cool it would be. Did I mention that the darn thing was perfect? Darn it, just not in the cards.
    'Bents tend to be more expensive to purchase, but most of the maintenance items are the same as a conventional bike. I'm trying to find a frame / fork / handle bar combo, as I have a variety of bike parts floating around (either on bikes or separate) and could build up something relatively nice pretty easily. Just can't seem to find what I want (yet).
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Oh and bike maintenance is really not that difficult, though it does seem daunting at times, just like most things we have never tried. That said, it is easier (sometimes WAY easier) with the addition of specialized tools. That runs up the price and can be a reason to just take it to the shop.
    wango likes this.

'Bents tend to be more expensive to purchase, but most of the maintenance items are the same as a conventional bike. I'm trying to find a frame / fork / handle bar combo, as I have a variety of bike parts floating around (either on bikes or separate) and could build up something relatively nice pretty easily. Just can't seem to find what I want (yet).
    The bike was just so ergonomically perfect. Damn, everything was in a neutral/relaxed or untaxed position. Shoot, now you have me thinking about the darn thing again.

You are far more adventurous & trusting of your fixing stuff skills than I ever was - not part of my gene pool.

Tore into week 6 with a vengeance. Pull day on Monday with abs and elliptical and treadmill. Push day Tuesday with elliptical and treadmill. 1.5 hour sweat fest today, alternating abs and core in between bouts of elliptical, then topped off with more treadmill.

Diet has been strict, protein/vegetables only & going on night three of no wine at night.

There is a completely different dude reflecting back in the gym mirror. That and the scale inching down a bit further? Really want to see a clean six-pack again before I die. How long can I keep this up? Fingers crossed.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Had to stay home bound the last two days due to house painters & didn’t feel doing cardio those nights. Ate super clean though & still the only carbs consist of veggies.

Got my ass to the gym today though. Hit all my favorite movements/machines. Kept reps 8-12 and never went more than %80-%90 of my usual resistance. Nice little workout & the mirror continues to make me want to continue this path.

Hot streak already out here. A few years back the increased intensity of the sun (really bizarre, but obviously noticeable) literally fried some of our landscaping to death in only a few days. Now with watering restrictions, I’m wondering how destructive this Summer is going to be. Thankfully our place is insulated to the max.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information