Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    KINGLYON8801 is offline New Member

What Do U Hate In The Gym The Most

THERE IS JUST SOME STUFF THAT I CAN'T STAND IN THE GYM.

1. NOT PUTTING AWAY THE WEIGHTS
    2. PPL STANDING AROUND A MACHINE AND NOT WORKING OUT.
    3. PPL THAT COME TO THE GYM AND FUCK AROUND AND GET IN THE WAY.
    4. CELL PHONES
    5. PPL HOGGING THE WEIGHTS OR MACHINES
    6. PPL JUMPING ON THE MACHINE I AM USING AND TAKING ALL THE WEIGHT OFF WHEN I GO GET A DRINK
    7. OH AND THIS GAY GUY THAT SITS THERE AND DANCES AROUND IN THE WEIGHT AREA INSTEAD OF THE AEROBICS AREA (SHIT ITS A GYM NOT A BALLET SCHOOL)

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    What I do for 6:
    Get a gym bag, put ur towel, water bottle, and belt in it. Carry it around with you and leave it at whatever station your using. That will be the last time someone takes your machine.

HAHA and for 4:
    As soon as they start talking on the phone, grab your weights and start a set. Then grunt repeatedly real loud so they can't hear the person on the other end. lol

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    People that goto the gym looking for luv
    and people that talk to you while your trying to work out

mando is offline Associate Member
    hate ppl talking crap in the gym.....like some bitchin club !!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    King I can't agree with you more. All that shit bothers the shit out if me. One to add, the high school kids that come in groups of 3 to four and they stand around the machine talking. Don't get me wrong, I am happy they are hitting the gym. But work out not work the jaw. And if your going to talk then move away form the equipment. AND RACK YOUR F*CKING WEIGHTS!!!!!!!!! Sorry I hate when ppl leave shit lying around.

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    8. INCONSISTENT RACKAGE. I hate having to take off 45 pound plates to get to the 5 pound weight that I need. Within the same category are the people that don't match the dumbells on the rack. They'll take a 25 pounder and instead of replacing it next to its mate when done, they'll rack it to the closest place they can find, which is usually on the other side of the gym next to the 120's.

9. SPRING COLLARS THAT ARE SPRUNG. Gyms will spend 3 grand on a new elliptical but won't replace a collar that costs under a buck.

10. PEOPLE THAT DO SINGLE CABLE WORK ON THE DOUBLE CABLE MACHINE. This is basic common sense. I can understand if the double cable machine is the only cable machine in the gym, but if there are single cable machines that are open, leave the double cable machine for those that actually have to do doubles.

11. MISSING WEIGHT STACK PINS. See #9.

12. JUST ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AT ANY TYPICAL BALLY's

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Thumbs up

My pet peeve is # 1. Kinglyon that was a good list brother.

Originally posted by llbeastcd
    8. INCONSISTENT RACKAGE. I hate having to take off 45 pound plates to get to the 5 pound weight that I need. Within the same category are the people that don't match the dumbells on the rack. They'll take a 25 pounder and instead of replacing it next to its mate when done, they'll rack it to the closest place they can find, which is usually on the other side of the gym next to the 120's.

# 8 is my pet peeve # 2 in the gym.

People, the weight trees have signs on them, logic tells you that its easier for the next person if you restack them the way you got them off the weight tree.

HELLLO !

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    Hate waiting for machines while people are busy bullshitting their lives away, happened tonight so I moved the guys weight on the preacher curls and he is like WTF?! I'm like sorry, less talk more pumping.

ravaz

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    1) anyone in the gym who is not busting there ass should get out of my way so i CAN.

2) INCONSISTENT RACKAGE
    sometimes i get more of a workout digging for my plate.

3) Old people in general should stay out. If your 80 with a broken hip just give up on the weight training. Old people lift as slow as they drive and take up the machine that is key to my hugeness.

4) Dumbass trainers who are all self proclaimed but retired super athletes and body builders. Seems every trainer in the gym is under 150 pounds or fat yet they all USED to be football superstars or body builders.

5) the hot 16 year old chicks. They all look old enough for me to date..... but there not

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Okay, here's MY list . . .

1. People who start threads about the things they don't like about their gym or the people who go there.

2. People who bitch about something as if their hissy fit is going to change it. It ain't. Get used to it.

3. People who bitch about the very young, the very old, and the very sexy. Once you were young. And, if you're lucky, you will one day be old and will realize what an ass you are today for bitching about those who are already old. And as for the very sexy, keep bitching - you're not in their league and you don't stand a chance with them anyway. (Besides, they're laughing their asses off at you.)

4. People who bitch about people who don't rack weights. I do rack weights, so buzz off.

5. People who have no sense of humor and actually take these threads seriously. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    I can't stand people who work out with ridiculous amounts of free weight without a spot. I feel like I'll soon be witnessing a crushed ribcage or a broken neck or worse. Makes me nervous in general. Please people, use a spot when using heavy free weights...

Hitman is offline Senior Member

Talking

my gripe would be the extremely overweight and there fixation with spandex, man what a put off when ya struggling that last rep on a single arm preacher curl and this ahem person comes rolling by right in front of ya. PS i have nothing against large people apart from spandex.(damn that richard simmons that pricks got a lot to answer for).

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    PPl that need a spot from rep #1
    PPl that keep adding weight and ask you once again for another spot.
    PPl that try to spot you in the middle of a killer set cos' they don't understand that YOU CAN DO IT ON YOUR OWN. cos you already know how to manage your poundage and reps, and because you're absolutely confident.

Re: Okay, here's MY list . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    1. People who start threads about the things they don't like about their gym or the people who go there.

2. People who bitch about something as if their hissy fit is going to change it. It ain't. Get used to it.

3. People who bitch about the very young, the very old, and the very sexy. Once you were young. And, if you're lucky, you will one day be old and will realize what an ass you are today for bitching about those who are already old. And as for the very sexy, keep bitching - you're not in their league and you don't stand a chance with them anyway. (Besides, they're laughing their asses off at you.)

4. People who bitch about people who don't rack weights. I do rack weights, so buzz off.

5. People who have no sense of humor and actually take these threads seriously. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Heres my list
    1. People who start talking to you while your in the middle of doing a set.
    2.People who leave all there slimy ass sweat all over the bench they where just laying on.
    3.People who squat and then leave the bar fully loaded and then leave it that way.( if your strong enough to squat 5 to 6 plates a side then your strong enough to take them off too)!
    4.People who do there curls at the squat rack.( you can do curls anywhere, you can't squat anywhere).
    5.People who leave their notepad,water bottle and towel laying on a bench that their not using.

flawless706 is offline New Member
    I haven't been in a gym in 6 weeks because of an injury, just when I was psyched to be going back in you guys remind me of all the things I hate the most about the gym. But what really pisses me off that has not been mentioned are people who tell you your working out wrong because they magazine tells them so, or the people who want to give you all this great advice. Also people who think just because your in between sets its ok to start up a chat and tell you there life story.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1- WANNABEE
    2- Peoples who put 300 on the bench and his spotter lift atleast 150.
    3- The bastard tha6 flirt every ass on there instead of lifting weights.
    4- SOCIALIZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

rexkishi is offline New Member
    what i hate is even though i put a towel down some fucking asshole comes and thinks he can take my shit. i love everyone until the think they are god. also i cant stand people that are skinny little fucks that try and lift way way to much weight.

LOL... Oh man, has this thread brought out the best in us or what? Gee... don't hold back guys... say what you really think...LOL. They probably hate us as much as we hate them.

All in all... it has been a fun conversation. Compared to all the other problems and obstacles in our lives, someone sneaking in and taking your bench is a problem that pales in comparison, I'm sure.

I hope this has been as much of a therapeutic release for you as it has been for me.

You guys and gals are the best!

Tedmax195 is offline Member

Wasting AS

I have one that isn't mentioned above i just hate it when i see kids(16-19) that have been using AS for a long time that have a great upper physique but they don't have any Legs, why even take that stuff if your not going to go ALL OUT with Every bodypart. I believe that you have to have a good base like a building its ALL in the foundation.

jersey juice is offline Member
    I hate when all the fine girlies are doing there thing and I know in my heart that I will never copulate with them. That really pisses me off! That & I can't get my girl to go with another chick, but I won't stop trying

XsinshineX is offline Junior Member
    What about when some fat person tries to give you diet advise. Man I hate that. Oh and when somebody comes up to tell me how to do something in the middle of a set, I just wanna choke them out withn my knee wraps!

Core is offline Junior Member
    Being in the middle of a set and someone asking you for a spot. Seems this happens to me everyday, like I work there. A walkman cranked up seemed to take it down a notch.

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    i got a few specifics, in my gym that i hate...

....The middle age guys that rack 12 plates on each side on the leg press machine, and add like 6 more on top...and all they do is unlock their knees and lock them again....nonsense!

....the dirty mexicans that come all dressed up, and smelling like cheap cologne (no offense to any mexicans reading this

....the juice headz that come to the gym with a little blood stain on the shoulder of his t-shirt (right where the injection goes)

i cant think of anything else.....

Dave..

....the juice headz that come to the gym with a little blood stain on the shoulder of his t-shirt (right where the injection goes)
    Sorry bro i'll change my shirt nextime .

Rage Control... where on LI do you train? I'm at Gold's in Smithtown. LI Ape is at Bev's. We should all try to get together one weekend. Would be cool.

Im at iron island in oceanside when its not too crouded . If not there the sissy newyork sports club .

Core is offline Junior Member
    I'm at Gold's in Lynbrook. Looks like we got most of LI covered.

Gold's in Lynbrook is not affiliated with Smithtown unfortunately, but Deer Park is. Haven't been there, but I hear it's open 24 hours and more hardcore than Smithtown.

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    A cupple of times a dude decided to rack weights onto the machine I was working on in the middle of a set ! - Kills me.

Also, women with a bunch of make up, that think this is a social event.

Also, guys that load WAY more plates than they should be using and heft the weights like a moron.. I'm not impressed

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    Oh man, have I been waiting for a thread like this.
    1. Ppl that do shit wrong(there's always somebody who puts grabs the biggest dumbells or puts 10 x more weight than they can handle on a machine or bar and they don't even do a full fucking rep, sometimes they don't even do half a rep, and when you try to tell them your doing it wrong or you have too much weight, they tell you that you're wrong, fucking idiots.)
    2.Ppl that already belong to the gym or a new person that just started, that just sits on the fucking bench or machine and when you ask them if you can use it they say I'm almost done when really they're gonna not do anything at all, just sit and talk, they really have like 8 sets left.
    3. This kind of pertains to #2, when you ask someone if you can jump in on a machine or if you can use the dumbells real quick when ppl are on a break they tell you no, that they only have 1 or 2 sets left, and then you have to fucking wait or do an exercise that you don't want to do at that time.
    4. Ppl that come to the gym for the first time and grab some weights or jump on a machine and start doing some fucking wierd shit and movements and thinking that they are really getting a work out.
    5. When I put my straps down or when I'm not using them, ppl that come over or see them laying on a ledge or something and pick them up like they're fucking their's and start using them.
    6. This one agrees with Kings #6, I hate when people jump on the bench or machine you are using when you go to get a drink or walk across the room, especially when its a fucking group of ppl and you have to argue with them to tell them to let you go first and finish your shit, so you don't have to wieght 10 minutes until everyone is done to do your next set, and ppl who take all the plates off of the squat rack or leg press when your taking a break, fucking cocksuckers.
    7. Ppl who have a naturally great physique, that never touched a weight, that come in the gym and act like they're some kind of bodybuilder, do everything wrong, talk shit about everyone else, brag and flex in the mirror every chance they get, and only stay for like 20 minutes.
    8. Fat fucking ppl(especially guys), who only go to the gym to lift heavy ass weight(only wanting to get stronger), and do nothing to try and lose weight(like high reps or cardio), and think they're big shit.
    9. Ppl who take like 5 different kinds of AS and come to the gym to talk and lift for like 10 minutes.
    10. Fat ppl who walk on the treadmill for hours or ride the bike, that have been going to the gym for like 8 years and are still looking the same as they did when they started.
    11. Ppl that don't know shit about lifting, that come to the gym who come to the gym looking like a weight lifting eqipment ad, wering a brand new shiny belt, gloves that go half way up their arm, powerlifting sneakers and all that type of shit, and then walking around with an energy drink or a weight gainer shake like they're some kind of bodybuilding expert.
    12. Fat guys wearing tight clothes and A shirts(I call them ginny tees).
    13. Fat girls wearing little shorts that go half way up their ass and half shirts or sports bra's.
    14. Ppl who hog machines, benches, and cardio equipment that aren't really doing anything, and are just wasting time for us serious bodybuilders or weight lifters.
    15. Crowded gym.
    Oh, I have a lot more, I just can't think of anything else now, plus I think I wrote enough.

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    Id have to go with the guys that wear puffy socks with boots and torn up overalls when they workout... What the fuck is that??? I also cant stand when Im over in a corner minding my own buisness and some little asshole is givin me some kind of tuff guy stare.. Anyways no flame intended guys

Originally posted by BIGTEX
    Id have to go with the guys that wear puffy socks with boots and torn up overalls when they workout... What the fuck is that??? I also cant stand when Im over in a corner minding my own buisness and some little asshole is givin me some kind of tuff guy stare.. Anyways no flame intended guys
    The tuff guy stare is probably because they are jealous of ya....take it as a compliment mostly

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    1) guys that try to do WAY more weight than they can handle
    2) guys that come in and lift in jeans and other ridiculous clothing
    3) people that dance in the middle of the freeweight area because they think it's funny
    4) people that use the decline bench and the ab bench like an agility obstacle course and jump all over the pads for 30s at a time
    5) people with terrible form
    6) guys with ego's bigger than the rest of their bodies
    7) the guy that runs on the treadmill everyday who's nipples chafe so bad he bleeds, and he wears the same blood stained nipple shirt everyday
    8) people that scream really loud on every rep because they think it helps them
    9) guys that flex in front of the mirror and try to act like they don't want anybody to notice
    10) the guy that rips one sleeve off of his t-shirt so you can see his COOL new tattoo
    11) the fat people that have been doin cardio for 5 yrs. and always look the same
    12) spandex.
    13) when people drip sweat over every piece of equipment imaginable and never clean it off
    14) the old guy who always tries to talk all kinds of wisdom to the younger guy but who's physique does not represent that he has any clue as to what the hell he's doing
    15) the anorexic/bulemic chicks that ride the bikes or treadmills and ALWAYS weight themselves before and after, thinking they have really lost weight instead of just water

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    I cant stand it when amateur lifters are lifting chest or shoulders with 35lbs dumbells and they feel the need to throw the weights to the floor. Meanwhile you are doing sets next to them and they almost throw them on your foot

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Backstreet Boy clones in their 300 dollar workout clothes, and silver/gold necklaces loading up the bar for 1 rep and 3 spotters (1 above, 2 on each side), screaming "C'mon get it up man!" when the spotters are doing all the work...

absolutely gut wrenching!!!

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    oh and another one........when the big fat dudes that try to use the heaviest dumbells...and they dont pick them up and take them to their bench, they roll it all the way down there, and they roll it all over everyones feet thats exercising...

oh and i hate people that work at gym's that are so outta shape, that u just look at them and wanna say...why the f*ck do u work here, really....u should be worken at a bakery!

I need to add another one...

Folks that come into the gym wearing $ 300 designer warm up suits that have a "name" on them and then complain about the way someone else looks.....oh please the gym is to workout not for a fashion show.

And I ain't talkin' about women here either, these are guys I have seen gossip like this.

Kid Shred is offline Member

I can think of a few.............

1. The guy who always asks for a spot on Flat Bench with weight he can't handle,and then screams as you deadlift his motion.Then having the balls to ask,......"Did ya help me that much?". I feel it is better to fuel his denial of the obvious truth and humbly reply, "It was all you bro!"

2.The 45 degree squatters and Leg Pressers.

3.The Nasty old man that comes wearing army pants and who sprays his hairy armpits with right guard between sets,....nasty!He almost nailed me with that thing a couple times.

4.The significantly overweight, and underconditioned Personal Trainer (every gym has one).One whom is very eager to preach his/her all knowing philosophy to any ear in the area.

5.The Wannabe Powerlifter guy who benches 4 plates for reps by violently pounding it off of his gut while arching his back like a bow. Does about 4 sets in an hour.

6.Guys who use the Butt Blaster and/or the Adductor/Abductor Machine,......Why ruin a potential crotch shot from a hottie for the rest of us!!???? (Sinister Grin)

7.The guy that wears the "100 % Natural" tank-top that looks like complete battered shit.

I really can't think of any more, but I'm sure there are a ton more that have escaped my cranial cavity.

Last edited by Kid Shred; 03-07-2002 at 06:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information