Thread: Delt Help!

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member

Delt Help!

I need some advice on exercises that may help my delts grow. My biceps and triceps grow no problem, but my delts lag behind. Had surgery on my shoulder about a year ago so wasnt able to lift heavy for a long time. Getting back into things now. I do dbell over head shoulder press, lateral and front raises, and upright rows. Rarely do shrugs. Those grow quickly and I dont want big traps. Any advice would be great. Rep and set ranges maybe too! THanks.

Quake is offline Member
    Cable raises for isolation. Might help in your recovery too. I don't need to say anything about taking it easy to start with do I?!?!?!?!

Naw you don't. Been taking it easy for a year. Need to get everything going again. Dont think I'll ever be able to go really heavy like before (dont want to jack them up permanently) so been doing lighter weight higher reps. Umm kinda embarrassing to say, but our gym I cant do cable raises. The first 3 stick together and i cant do 3 plates. I'm weak! Any other suggestions?

Quake is offline Member
    Set a bench so the back of it is at an angle and sit on it back to front, then lay, stomach down, on the back of it with your arms hanging down to the floor, and perform raises with dumbbells like this (know what I mean?). It creates a real strict movement and you may find that you cannot raise the weight that you can when standing up. It's great for hitting the back delts, but also hits the middle too.

You've just made me remember that one. I haven't done it since I started back training, think I'll put it in my routine next week.....hmmmm!

Great! I'll try it! Are reverse flies on pec deck machine any good for posterior delts. Do them on and off but never steadily.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer272001
    Set a bench so the back of it is at an angle and sit on it back to front, then lay, stomach down, on the back of it with your arms hanging down to the floor, and perform raises with dumbbells like this (know what I mean?). It creates a real strict movement and you may find that you cannot raise the weight that you can when standing up. It's great for hitting the back delts, but also hits the middle too.
    This dude is right, rear delt raises kick arse. And for your other post, yes rear delt flys on the pec deck are sweet. Just sit on it facing the seat and set the handles as far toward the weight stack as possible. (given the stack is directly behind the seat) It's basically the same thing as the rear delt raises mentioned in the quote but upright instead of inclined.

Quake is offline Member
    Too true, reverse pec dec flyes work well!

Thread Information