beatboy is offline New Member

how many days in the week should i train biceps

i am doing my biceps training at home, got this manual.. i can lift 12 reps at maximum...how many reps should i take a day and how many sets, and for how long should i rest between each set.. And how many days in week should i rest from biceps training...im training to get maximum biceps size

can someone please give me some tips..

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    First off, put the manual aside and read read read on this site. Second, number of reps depends on your goals. You later state "maximum bicep size," which can only be achieved if you work everything else. If you want more deffinition then lower weight more reps, more size then higher weight less reps. Work them once a week. I know that seems odd, but there are other muscles than the bicep. Namly, the tricep which will make your arms look even bigger if you work them, and the deltoids which will agian make your arms look bigger, and then theres the traps/pecs/lats/QUADS. You wont make any sizable gains if you dont work everything esp. legs. Plus you will look like popeye and way out of proportion if you have big arms and small everything else. Read read read in the workout forum and start to smell the supplement forum.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    did you cap QUADS because they are very important to gain max. bicep size?

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Yes, swolecat once said "legs = teacher, upper body = student." The students will only learn as much as the teacher teaches them. When you work legs hard by squating or leg press, more testosterone is released than any other part of the body and will make every thing else grow. Search for a more in depth response, I know its on here somewhere. I dont know why you would only be concerend about increasing bicep size. Why wouldnt you want thick @ss steaks on your shoulders, a bulge under your arm for a tricep and a barrel for a chest?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Is that all you train is biceps?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I do 3 sets of 2 mass building(not shaping) exercises for biceps(6 sets total), once a week.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I usually work bis twice per week. I lift a weight that I can't lift 10 reps. Once I can lift it for 10 reps, I up the weight. I do 3 sets and I rest about two minutes between sets.

Heeman is offline New Member
    Its good to do bi's and back chest and tri's for 1 to 2 weeks then switch them up to shock the muscle. also very important to work your legs it boosts about 30-40% of your testosterone levels because your larger muscle groups are in your legs. If your looking to bulk i like to do 3 sets 10 8 6 four different workouts i dont take more then a min in between sets its also good to stretch the muslce in between each set I usually work them twice a week. also diet is very important without a good diet you wont get good results

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    2 times a week for me.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I used to do 3 but that hurt more than it helped. I stick with once a week but go all out.

what do you do when you go all out? i want to try doing bi's only once a week but I don't know any good all out routines. I usually do them twice a week.

brian11 is offline Member
    The key is to use perfect form. Put your pride aside and use lower weights going down slow on the negative and controlled coming up. I usually do 3 sets seated incline curls, 3 sets straight bar curls, and 3 sets reverse grip E Z bar curls. I switch it up every now and then to keep things new. But the key is controlled lifts. It makes you do less weight, but you will develop a lot more!!!

-B-

oh yea....I do them twice in a 10 day span

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I say once a week and alter your workout at least every 2-3 weeks. Try doing 2 set of 3-4 excercises one week, then the next week burn this hell out of your arms by doing back-to-back of the same excercise. Ex: Do 8-10 standing barbell curls with a weight that will make you fail. Once you can't do anymore, put the bar down and count to 10 (one one thousand, two...) pick the bar back up and do another 2-3 reps to failure. Do that 3 times and your bicep will feel like it's gonna explode. The next week do a workout that includes the use of opposing muscles. Ex: Do a bicep set followed up by a tricep set. You can do the same thing with chest / back, quads / hams, etc. Your arms will def start to grow if you fool them and push them hard.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU ROTC
    Yes, swolecat once said "legs = teacher, upper body = student." The students will only learn as much as the teacher teaches them. When you work legs hard by squating or leg press, more testosterone is released than any other part of the body and will make every thing else grow. Search for a more in depth response, I know its on here somewhere. I dont know why you would only be concerend about increasing bicep size. Why wouldnt you want thick @ss steaks on your shoulders, a bulge under your arm for a tricep and a barrel for a chest?

very good response = 10 player points

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I don't get really great results doing biceps only once a week. I think every 4 days is a good idea. Also, bicep shape differs quite a bit from person to person. Some have biceps more compact, other are more stretched out.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I do 3 sets of 2 mass building(not shaping) exercises for biceps(6 sets total), once a week.
    i agree, i just started less sets and only one exercise for bis and its working great. swole got me hooked

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    for me the less times per week the better the results have been. Love 1 time per week.

I like 2x a week or like once every 5 days gives me the best results.

SKiN is offline Member
    Listen to you body... Mine can only handle twice in 10 days.. anymore and it just hurts me...

Quote Originally Posted by ToughGuy13
    Listen to you body... Mine can only handle twice in 10 days.. anymore and it just hurts me...
    i agree everyone is different, i have a friend that trains chest 3x a week

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Is that all you train is biceps?
    There are tons of guys out there that do a few pushups and then just train their Bi's.... can't ell you how many times I've heard chicks refer to a guy being "big" that had 18inch arms and 44" chest.

hahahah, seriously, i love when guys wear cutoff sleeve shirts and then when they take it off on the beach they have saggy fat boobs, or no chest at all

Why is it that its always the fat people at the gym whole feel it is necessary to where sleevless shirts? I dont want to see your undefined fat ass arms. Nor do I want to see your rolls through the big as holes you cut in your shirts to let your fat gorilla arms hang through. ****, if you dont have the body, then dont show it off.

-B-

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    Why is it that its always the fat people at the gym whole feel it is necessary to where sleevless shirts? I dont want to see your undefined fat ass arms. Nor do I want to see your rolls through the big as holes you cut in your shirts to let your fat gorilla arms hang through. ****, if you dont have the body, then dont show it off.

-B-
    Man, you would LOVE my gym. You get to see alot of that and lots of guys nipples!!!! It is nasty.

Thread Information