samoth is offline Member

problems supinating wrists?

Anyone else have problems supinating thier wrists? ( I believe its called 'Madalungs Deformity' or something) I always had problems doing straight bar curls, or inside grip DL's. Went to a doctor about two years ago, and he diagnosed an actual deformity that some people are born with in which one of the bones (forget; wrist or forearm) does not grow correctly.
    Anyway =) just wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if they do, how they alter their work out program, especially bicepts... i can do most, but single arm supinated curls are impossible !!

ptbyjason Guest
    Can you use an EZ bar for curls? There is not as much supination in that position.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i busted my right elbow and i have problems with that soemtimes too. like partyboy jason said, try using an EZ curl bar. it's really the only option, other than only using dumbells

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    The only time I get wrist pain is when I upright rows with a straight bar if I use an EZ bar no pain

So the guys are right EZ bar and it should cure the prob

Billy

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    you could also try doing cable curls with a straight bar, just don't lower the bar all the way down. if you bring the bar 3/4 of the way down you can keep constant tension on the biceps and maybe not hurt your wrists

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Some experts say that you don't need complete supination for your biceps to get the best peak. Range your forarms and wrists and see if you can't increase your rom.

Thread Information