josh8416 is offline Associate Member

Stupid ?, but???????

alright guys i was wondering what exercise makes you punch harder??? sounds stupid i know. but im confused, when you actually hit someone is that your chest, your tricept or what???? i always thought if you could bench alot that you could knock someone out. well let me know, i would like to get my punch where it knocks someone out, just incase i am in that kind of situation. guys, please dont flame me, just bored and thinking....

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    grab a D handle and attach it to the cable and add weight and throw a punch will make the muscles involved stronger

ya ive actually see people doing that at the gym. i was just wondering which muscles i need to work on, thanks for the help!! anyone else

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    shoulders! Punching isnt just throwing the punch but bringing it back. Shoulders, shoulders, shoulders.

Shoulders

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You will find better answers to this kind of question in AR's Boxing/Fighting/Wrestling Forum.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Work every muscle very hard so you grow big enough that no one will F-with you.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    good advice soldier

ya thats some good advice. thanks ive been working shoulders really hard now, with everything else. i was just wondering but appreciate everything..THANKS

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    All of the info/advice you guys have posted in this thread is absolute garbage IMO.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    All of the info/advice you guys have posted in this thread is absolute garbage IMO.
    i completely agree. Telling someone to get the biggest muscles you can so that no one will mess with you will likely get you hurt, not to mention very embarrased. Learn a fighting technique that you enjoy and practice, practice, practice. You can as strong as coleman, but if you dont know how to punch properly, what good is it.

good luck

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Im sayin if I was that huge I wouldnt start anything. Im not a fighting person. If other smaller guys think they want to get big to start fights, Ill say get big to prevent them. Streetfights are gay.

ya i really dont street fight, never really have to. i dont start **** and im a vert likeable person. i was just wondering what i could do just incase i had to fight, i could hit someone and make it hurt...but thanks for everything!!!!!!!!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Technically the triceps specifically the long head which is used to extend & draw back the forearm. But this is too simplistic because there are so many factors. Stance, hip rotation and speed just to name a few. Speed = power at least thats what I remember about my martial arts training...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Strength plays a role in a punch but most importantly and i am shocked to see that noone has stated the most important aspect to achieve what you want.

Technique is key, a punch is not thrown with your shoulder, or bicep, you put your body and hips into the punch, this is what makes the punch "powerful" or have "KO" power. Speed is important as well. Of course being strong inparticular is important but without technique it will not be nowhere near as effective.

As stated above, you can attach a cable and make punches that way, this is conditioning your muscles for that particular movement and it is common in Muay Thai training. Basically i call it "specific movement training".

Good luck and train hard!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 08-17-2004 at 01:19 PM.

GoingBiG is offline Junior Member
    You aren't using just 1 muscle for a punch... You are using the most of your body... All the way from your legs and uptil the upper body... If you wanna be good at something practice it... Make a combo with strenght training and boxing... The teqnique is also a way of improving your punch.... That's my guess...

Hit the heavy bag, nothing will train you better to hit hard..and if you ever get into that street fight kick the guy in the knee, and then hit him right next to the chin, you'll be sure to knock him out, but if you don't, he's def not gonna be able to catch you after taking a front kick to the knee.

and don't worry, its not pussy to kick

Why was Bruce Lee good at 140lbs? Not because he had tremendous strength but because he was quick Had speed. Speed = Power

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    grab a D handle and attach it to the cable and add weight and throw a punch will make the muscles involved stronger

please do not do this.... nothing is sadder then to see the 17 year old walk in to the gym for the first time and doing this.. even if ur not 17 and are a beginner, don't do it.. its not benificial............

I am not a boxer or train to punch harder but I would say develope every muscle from toes to neck.. punching is a full body movement right? Also actually punching a bag will help you and yoru body learn how to use your mucles optimunly..

god I have horrid spelling

I am sorry but i am LMFAO @ the Bruce Lee analogy. Great martial artist with a good mind and in sence was ahead of his time (thinking wise) but he was no fighter. 140lbs soaking wet is not going to produce an ungodly punch like a Fedor or a Vovchanchyn. His demonstrations looked cool though for the time.

I seriously suggest you go to an academy to learn the proper techniques so you will not get hurt etc.

Thats all.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I injured my back a long time ago in high school wrestling. Now, I can not throw a hard punch to save my life. I can't covert the legs power up to the swivel of my hips. It aches my back when I rotate my upper body quickly. And forget about dancing.

You need to get into a martial arts program to learn how to punch effectively. Big power punches come from the whole body. It seems to me Karate punches thru an object. Boxing punches the objects surface. That's because most of boxing is attacking the body for a win in the late rounds, or setting up for the KO punch. KO punch is thru the object.

GoingBiG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside

I am not a boxer or train to punch harder but I would say develope every muscle from toes to neck.. punching is a full body movement right? Also actually punching a bag will help you and yoru body learn how to use your mucles optimunly..

god I have horrid spelling
    I agree... The samething i was trying to tell... It's hard writing in english when you are danish

No problem muriloninga sorry you do not agree about Bruce Lee since he was way before your time. Pound for pound he was the best.(at least for many years) Your right big men can throw some hard punches but it will do no good if he is beaten by a much quicker opponent evan a 140lb man. I trained for 5 straight years in martial arts if you click on my profile you should see me 10 yrs ago. And if you read my 1st response I mentioned other factors beside the arm that is involved but technically the throw comes from the triceps . So I think for now I will pass on a academy so I don't get hurt! Thanks for your concern and good luck in your ninga training too..

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Work every muscle very hard so you grow big enough that no one will F-with you.
    Tell that to a little guy like Bruce Lee. I bet he could proove that theory wrong in 6 seconds.

If he was still alive that is.

What did Bruce Lee do to make him the best pound for pound fighter at the time? To many movies for you guy's.

The Gracie family of Brazil was doing Vale Tudo for last 80 years. Bruce Lee was an martial artist and an actor, he was not a fighter.

I was not telling you to join an academy but the person who started this thread.

Tchau.

Thread Information