Thread: Fact or Myth

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member

Question Fact or Myth

Someone once told me that when you do squats it releases some hormone that helps you grow. This person wasnt to reliable of a source...so I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this???

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i found this :
    One question that is often asked is, "how do squats promote growth throughout the body?" To answer this requires more than simply saying that it's a compound movement. It involves multiple joints and muscles which in turn increase the level at which the nervous system must coordinate movement in conjunction with the lifter's muscle-skeletal system.

Exercises like the squat can produce a dramatic effect on the body by increasing, among other things, one's hypertrophy and maximal strength. To understand why, we will look briefly at several of the body's systems
    http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=21

hope that helps

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    It is true. If you just workout your upper body and not legs at all, your upper body isn't growing to its full potential. When you workout your upper body and your legs, it helps your upper body grow more than it would if you just did upper body without any kind of leg workout in your schedule. Don't ask me why, the manager at my gym told me this like a month or two ago because I was neglecting to work my legs, and he told me to start training them, and I have grown a lot in my upper body and lower.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Mr. Trenton
    It is true. If you just workout your upper body and not legs at all, your upper body isn't growing to its full potential. When you workout your upper body and your legs, it helps your upper body grow more than it would if you just did upper body without any kind of leg workout in your schedule. Don't ask me why, the manager at my gym told me this like a month or two ago because I was neglecting to work my legs, and he told me to start training them, and I have grown a lot in my upper body and lower.
    Thats no right is it ???? I have seen some huge guys that are in wheel chairs and they cant train there legs...

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys for your replies

9natural9 is offline Banned
    fact

Socio is offline Associate Member
    orginally posted by BigGunz
    "This means that exercising the thighs, the biggest muscle group in the body, will stimulate the body"
    Im sorry BigGunz your are infact wrong the in saying thighs im assuming you mean either quadriceps or hamstrings comon sense says you mean quads , which are not the largest muscle group the glutes are actually the largest muscle group and by squatting you are using the quads , glutes , hamstrings , abdominals , hip flexors , stabaliser muscles and more.
    So you were right in saying squats hit most of the muscles and stimulate the CNS the most ... but saying quads (thighs) are the largest muscle group is wrong.

Thread Information