KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard

My amrs wont grow!

Hey all! I've been around here for a couple months and have been staying pretty low key. I've read the advice given to others and infact followed some of it in my routines. I have not yet gotten access to the digital camera to update my pics but i wanted to state my measurements then BEG for help on Bi's.
    I have strong triceps to help get the size on my arms, but i really need the over all bicep size. I know this is difficult without seeing a pic. I apologize, I gotta get access to the digital camera. Anyway

I'm 5'8

No Pump

Arms 16.2
    Chest 44.5
    Quads 24
    Calves 16.95

I weigh in between 194-197....my current body fat is around 12-13% I am begining to see the 4 pack....

My bicep workout was originally 2 times a week...every 3 days...Now it is back to once a week for something different. My routine changes each workout to shock the muscle. However my amrs wont grow... my routines and weights are....

BB Curl 85X 10 95X 10 105X 8 No cheating
    DB Curl 55X 10 3 sets, pyramid down to 6, up 5lbs each set
    Concentration Curls 25lbs...3 sets

Preacher One arm 55 X 10 3 sets
    Lazy Curls 20 Strict Form
    Hammer Curls 60lbs 3 sets of 10

There are a few other exercises i perform but you get the hint i'm sure. Now i know to get bigger i have to go heavy...But on the bb curl for instance isnt it pointless to swing the weight up with my back?????

Any and all advice is appreciated from you guyz.
    Last edited by KunipshunFit; 03-12-2002 at 11:07 PM.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    looks like your doing too much , the strict form and no cheating is great dont loose that

BB Curl 85X 10 95X 10 105X 8 --try-- 75x10(warm up) , 105x6 110x4 110x4

DB Curl 55X 10 3 sets, pyramid down to 6, up 5lbs each set --try--
    55x10 75x6 85x4 85x4

adjust the weight so you just making that last set on the 4th rep

thats all i would do. if you want another exercise i like the hammer curls
    4sets 8-8-6-6

"But on the bb curl for instance isnt it pointless to swing the weight up with my back????? " Thats cheating

see if that helps

DD

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I have the same prob with arms they just don't grow but you maybe overtraining your arms there,cut it back and yes swinging your back is cheating but cheating does have its place in BB

Thanx for the advice Devil....I worked Bi's last nite and had a GREAT pump. I super setted them I just cant seem to get them to hurt the next day. Everyother body part hurts the next day...My bi's never hurt the next day. They get a great pump for about 2 hours after my workout, then they are fine.

Anyway time to go hit Tri's and some Calves....If anyone can suggest a routine for Bi's i'm all ears!

Thanx all

Kunipshun

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Here's an idea that might help:

Try this...

take the barbel (45lbs bar)....put semi light weight on it.....do 7 full reps. Without stopping do 7 reps from your hips to half way up....then without stopping do 7 reps from half way up to all the way up...without stopping do 7 more full reps. That is one set. Go up in weight 10lbs each set. Do 3 sets....you'll be hurting the next day. Enjoy!!!!

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah we call those 21's where I lift, but I guess you do 28's

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    yeah......just thought i'd add some extra pain in there.....makes it so much more fun!!!! :-)

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Do you had 21's as an extra exercise? I currently do 3 exercises for bi's. Would I add the 21's as a fourth, or replace one of the 3 with that?

I do:

Hammer Curls @ 3sets 30 pound DB
    Seated Cable Curls @ 4sets 80 pounds
    Bar Curls @ 4sets (i think they are like 30-40 pounds)

Sometimes I also burn the biceps at the very end of the bi's workout by doing a low weight (20 pounds) on the preacher bench as much as I can go.

Well those 21's you were referring to, I did them the day that I posted this thread with my workout partner from the gym...We wanted to spice it up and while I liked them, still the day after my arms are flat again. I wanted to try something different so I did Tri's and Calves today, I have to admit hitting tri's right after Bi's makes the arms feel HUGE

However....My bi's were not hurting. It sucks having full muscles, Getting a peak is hard as hell and getting any size is just amusing at best.

Also TERINOX...when you say seated cable curls, can u explain that one...I may have seen it done but the form sounds a bit odd to me....I've done the standing, but do u sit on a preacher style bench or a flat bench?

Kunipshun

latman49 is offline Member
    Add a few sets of cheat curls, heavy barbell curls with a slight swing. Also try attacking your bi's from different angles, do some incline curls. The change in pace may help you break past that sticking point.

Thanx for the idea's so far on how to make those stubborn arms grow....Now another question

Is it better to go 1 time a week or 2...I know there are tons of opinions on this issue so some of your personal experiences would be very much appreciated. I want the Bi's to GROW GROW GROW. My tris have no problem growing when i pump the heavy weight.

Again any and all help is appreciated.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Once a week is best because you grow when you rest not while you train.

Mighty Duck is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro, I like to alternate from week to week with Olympic bar, and EZ curl. Something about the difference in grip really seems to help me.

Good luck!

ROOKIE22 is offline Junior Member
    Bro I just started a new arm wookout. i have never felt such a pump. it has been two weeks and i can see big strenght gain already.

its all supersets

10-failure for all sets
    3 sets

skull crushers
    standing e-z curl
    rope pushdown one min. rest

standing e-z curl
    skull crushers
    machine curls one min. rest

rope pushdown
    machine curls. take about 5 min and start over again (3 sets)

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    mine dont grow any this is a good thread. i get to c what everyone else is goin thru

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    mine dont grow either this is a good thread. i get to c what everyone else is goin thru

Thanx for the replies guys....Off to the gym now at 7:30 to work Chest and Tri's. Bi's and Back are tomorrow so I'll get to try some of this advice

Lata

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Here's a suggestion for you....I noticed that you do your bi's on the same day that you do your back. Well working your back also works your bi's to a certain degree. You could try working your bi's with a different bodypart or by themself. I used to do my bi's with my back also and I changed to a delt and bicep workout. After a couple months I've added 1/2 inch to my biceps. Not alot but 1/2 inch is better then nothing.

Thank you for the suggestion Ironmike! I've had it suggested one other time from a friend of mine and I didnt do it becaues I like the pump i get in my arms....

However!!!! While the pump is nice, its the size i want! I did Chest and a bit of Tri's at the gym today and tomorrow I think shall simply be back, and I'll hit Bi's sometime in the middle of the week!

I'll let ya know how it's working.

Also, Since I'm going to be hitting bi's by themselves, is there any particular method to this madness. Or is it just pound rest pount rest

Lata

Thread Information