Thread: Need Help

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard

Need Help

Ok guys, here is the deal...I've posted my current pics on the Members Pics board for visual help. I am trying to cut up, but I am naturally a stubborn guy. Well when i begain lifting weights It was for the power and strength side of it. I obviously had to build some muscle. I have always had broad shoulders and although they were weak until recently they at least looked broad.

My problem is I am trying to cut up but I am on my 1-Ad again simply because I got it for 35 dollars at work because my boss was being very generous. Well I have been steadily going up on ALL my weights minus the biceps.

Chest work out has gone up on average 5lbs every week...This week i did 235 X 10, 255 X 8, 275 X 6 and finally 295 X 6...

Shoulders I am military pressing around 215 for 4 reps as a last set again jumping 20 pounds up between sets.

Legs are getting stronger but wont post the weights as it's ridiculously low.

My main problem is I'm gaining weight back. I had my body fat checked at the begining of my cycle and it was 13.9....so at work we have the APEX system and because they want me to be able to truthfully vouch for the products validity I am on the program for free. Well I weighed in tonite at 201, up 8pounds!!!! M ybody fat was checked and it was 14.1....This is a major problem. I do not mind gaining the weight, shit i do not care if i weigh in at 215 but I have to get the body fat down.

I'm doing cardio 4 dayz a week roughly for 30-45 minutes and eating the following type of diet.

25% Protien roughly 200g a day
    55% Carbs roughly 300-350 a day
    and 20% fat, roughly 63 a day

This diet is supposedly designed espeacially for me and it says my body burns carbs better than anything else. I just started this new diet recently but I am scared to death it is not going to work.

I graduate college may 11th. By June 1st I am going home to where I grew up and when I left i was a tubby fat bastard. I want to go back and amaze people. I've gotten bigger but I have to have my abs. I will settle for a 4 pack, i just want them relaxed.

Any help is appreciated and I would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

The diet consist of 5 smal meals a day, and is broken up nicely i think. I am not hungry throught the day and I can feel the energy increase. I drink no soft drinks and as much water as i can stomach.

Any clue why or what is going on with my body/metabolism.

I know this is very unorganized and I'm sorry for the disarray and rambled nature of this post. I just got back from the gym, weighed in and got outta the sauna. I'm tired and frustrated.

Again any and all help is appreciated.

Kunipshun

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ok bro heres my reply

1 you have to realise you cant build up strength and gain weight and diet and lose fat at the same time!!, you have to choose one or the other to lose fat you need to lower your carbs higher your protein change ur routine up to be more cv and still ift but there will be no maxing out in fact you may lose some strength but the problem with this is doing without aas you could lose some or alot of muscle depending on your metabolim and bosy type and how you react to the diet and training. I wouldnt bother with phormones as to me they are no use and the side effects are worse than the benefits but I have no experience with the one you are using I only know what the rest of the boards opinion is. I would suggest something like this if you are going to cycle research some cutting cycles drop the ph's change ur diet work out your bmr somewhere around 2100 i guess and then drop that by 300 kals per day eat about 300 g protein 100 g carbs and fat to make up the rest get lots of supplements pottasium, vitamins, sodium to stop the cramps from the low carbs do cv every day about 40-50mins early on in the day and weights in the evening the cycle will prevewnt muscle loss and help keep stength up as high as possible. If you are not going to cycle I would try to do it slower crabs a little higher see what works for you keep an eye on whats happening and go by ur measurements chest arms so on see if u r losing muscle you will lose some size but should start to look more defined thats about all I can think of right now any questions please ask

peace
    jason

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    OJ is right ...you gotta pick one and go with it...bulk now and cut later...or cut now and bulk later...your choice!

I have re-read my post and I was very unclear in what I was asking for. I hope this helps.

My weight has gone up from 194 to 200(201) My body fat is appearing to be rising again, 6 weeks ago i was 194 at 13.9. Last week, which was 6 full weeks, i'm 200 and around 14.3.

I am not doing anything different in my work out, infact I am eating cleaner and exercising more from the cardio aspect of it. Is there anything I am missing or is this a result of the supplimentation I am doing.

Currently I am taking 1-AD and Tribulus
    I eat 5-6 meals a day, 350g carbs (trying to cut it down to 200 or under)
    around 200g protien and 60g fat.

My goal is to CUT, bulking is over, summer is almost here and I want my 6 pack. Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you for any help!

NoLimits is offline Member
    Originally posted by Mallet
    OJ is right ...

There is something you don't hear everyday... OJ is right.... lol

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member

no limits

anyone else have any suggestions?

wtf cmo man you asked me and I did my best to help you out what more do you want? its like u just snubbed my ideas? not even a yeah or anything u need consensus of opinion or what? or u want the easier softer way? what I say still stands exactly as I said it

peace
    jason

Ironweb is offline Member
    I believe OJ has a great point and I as others agree with his advise.

Jason, There is no need to get irritated. I was asking for overall suggestions since I re-read my post and saw that I was not very clear in what I was asking. I read your post and value your suggestions and take them with a great deal of respect.

Ironweb, I know you and others agree with his advice, however my core questions was surrounding the weight increase and why it would be happening.

I want to cut up more than anything. I am following what Jason suggested even harder than I was before. I do cardio 5X a week My diet is very clean yet I am still putting on weight. I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this and was able to help me.

I am sorry if I made you feel like I was ignoring your advice, The truth is I was not, infact your advice I take to heart. However I do not care so much about building up right now, I was merely trying to point out that my gains are still increasing. That being said I was wondering if I am still suppose to do the higher reps with lighter weight if I am now able to do higher reps without lowering the weight being lifted, this being a result of my increasing strength.

I am sorry for giving the impression that I do not care what you said or that I "snubbed" you.

all I can say regarding ur pm and both your posts is this re read my post in the 1st place u must be missing something, what do you expect gaining weight on that diet? u ever seen anyone lose fat on 350g carbs per day?

peace

Thank you for your help Jason.

Per reference what I said before, I also stated that I am on a diet specifically designed for me by APEX fitness, since at the gym I work at we now carry this they want me to at least be on the fitness plan which we carry, they say this diet help me lean out and it was designed "supposedly" for this. I am questioning this diet as it does have this high amount of carbs.

I just was hoping for testimonals for anyone else who has taken this system. From everything I've been told it is very respectable however I am questioning it now because of this diet.

If anyone else out there has any experiences with the APEX system please let me know. I am 90% sure I shall scrap this diet because like The Original Jason said, 350g of Carbs is WAY TO MUCH.

Again Jason, I am sorry if I gave the apperance of ignoring your advice.
    Last edited by KunipshunFit; 03-23-2002 at 11:19 PM.

I would scrap that diet for sure just my opinion even when im not juicing im cutting now and I weigh 225, im not really lean but not extra fat and this my diet is about 300g protein, 100g carbs, 30 g good fats that works out to about 1900 kcals its a little low but I tend to gain easy (fat) being an endo and losing is difficult so I go a bit lower then recomended, I am not cycling right now due to injury but I am using a little var to preserve muscle mass and xenadrine 2 capsules per day just to zest it up a bit. This for me is a reasonable rate of loss if you want to lose quickly you need to look into keto diets but I dont like no carb diets anymore dont seem to work so good for me jusy my opinion I dont really give advice and say you have to take it but the acknowlegement is nice thanks

peace
    jason

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    OJ - One full stop in that whole block of text! Nice going! just kiddin jason, it's top advice bro....
    Last edited by defdaz; 03-25-2002 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks again Jason. It has been scrapped. Now to re-work my diet back the right way...

Ok guys, My diet looks roughly like this after re-working. I'm trying to cut and keep my carbs in a managable range. I'm AAS Free for now, at least until the monetary situation changes. So i'm trying to eat whatever carbs I get around or before noon.

ANY critiques are welcome

6:00 Cardio for 45 minutes
    7:15 Whole Weat Waffle = 32g Carb, 6g protien
    Bananna = ??
    Egg Whites 4 = 2g Carbs, 15g Protien

10:00 Chicken Breasts 2 Not sure on exact values around 40g protien i'm assuming

12:00 Some type of light carbs and protien, either a scoop of peanut butter or possibly a cup of milk with a chicken breast 10-15g carbs and 20g protien

3:00 .5 cups whole wheat pasta = 33 carbs 12g protien (I work out typically around 8pm..

6:00 Meal replacement 20g 50g protien...

10:00 Protien 50gs

I'm not sure how exact this is to what I need but I'm trying to slowly taper it down to a managable diet. BUt the above list is what I have eaten for the past 3 days without being starving and losting tooo much energy

Any help is again welcomed.

By the way i'm 5'8, around 195 right now incase that information is needed.

Thread Information