Thread: My leg training

MRJP is offline New Member

My leg training

I need more mass(much more!!) in my legs. What do you think about this training:
    1)Sled Hack Squat(full): 1xFault(with 2 dropset)
    2)Leg Extension: 3xFault
    3)Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3xFault
    4)Leg Curl: 3xFault(forced reps)
    5)Leg Press(90º): 2xFault(one series focus on hams and one focus on quads)
    6)Standing Calf Raise: 3xFault

??

Thanks!

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    no regular squats??? you're missing the king of all leg exercises......hack squats are not a natural movement....stick w/ free weight HEAVY squats....that'll put some mass on...

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're looking to add serious mass on any body part, your training on that day should be based on a heavy compound movement. I would replace hack squats with normal squats for a minimum of 5 working sets.
    Add some seated calf raises to hit your soleus which you are neglecting.
    Last edited by Ejuicer; 11-15-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    (2 light warm up sets of 4-6reps then full out on everything) Leg extensions
    Leg press
    Ham curls
    Hyper extenstion
    Calf raises

1 set of each to TOTAL failure.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    for mass...

squat
    leg press
    hacks

skip the ext's and curls...

hit the calfs slow and heavy...standing or seated...but none of those monkey ass machines

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    You mast squat for real mass.

radar1234 is offline Member
    heavy high rep squats work for me.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    for mass...

squat
    leg press
    hacks

hit the calfs slow and heavy...standing or seated...but none of those monkey ass machines
    I agree with Coldstone, but dont forget your hamstrings..........unless of course you work em on another day. I dont do calves the same day as quads and hams, im far to exhausted!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I agree with Coldstone, but dont forget your hamstrings..........unless of course you work em on another day. I dont do calves the same day as quads and hams, im far to exhausted!
    i depend on deads and sqauts for my hammies...

i depend on deads and sqauts for my hammies...
    I dont find deadlifts hit my hamstrings at all. Im very supple tho. Stiff leg deadlifts dont do **** for me either, i get no stretch whatsoever doing em, but i can lean forward and plant both palms on the floor easy so that kinda explains it.
    I wouldnt rely on these two exercises personally, even if i was walking around in someone elses body. I like to actually feel my hammies working hard. Ive found that a version of romanian deadlifts using dumbells is the only free weight exercise i can do for any kind of stretch without stressing my back. I do those and seated hamstring curls.

I dont find deadlifts hit my hamstrings at all. Im very supple tho. Stiff leg deadlifts dont do **** for me either, i get no stretch whatsoever doing em, but i can lean forward and plant both palms on the floor easy so that kinda explains it.
    I wouldnt rely on these two exercises personally, even if i was walking around in someone elses body. I like to actually feel my hammies working hard. Ive found that a version of romanian deadlifts using dumbells is the only free weight exercise i can do for any kind of stretch without stressing my back. I do those and seated hamstring curls.
    and stiff leg dl's kill me...i do em a little differnt though...i spread my legs about shoulder width and it lets me drop a liite deeper and handle more weight....my hams are just naturally thick i guess...i used to do the lying curl's...and still do from time to time...but not when im thinking mass

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    prime, im the same way... i can plant my hands on the floor with my legs locked. So what i do for SLD is keep a bend in my knees. Not a big bend, but i dont have my legs straight. You get more stretch in your hams when you come down and go back up.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    stiff legged deads kill my hams also

i find that hamstring curls don't do **** for me, even when i'm doing the whole stack, stiff legged deads though...my hams will be sore for a week

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Attenuate the eccentric action on leg curls and you'll get sore. Stiffs make you sore because it is an eccentric muscle action.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    prime, im the same way... i can plant my hands on the floor with my legs locked. So what i do for SLD is keep a bend in my knees. Not a big bend, but i dont have my legs straight. You get more stretch in your hams when you come down and go back up.
    i have tried that (what your suggesting is the basic version of romaninan deads) romanians work ov, bu i still dont get a full stretch. I find i end up stressing my back way more then my hamstrings.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Hack squats are primarily used to get definition to your legs. Feet narrow on hacks will define your outer quads, will get the sweep look. First you have to have enough muscle to get definition so for now i would stick with the free weight compound movement that the regular squats provide. Remember if done correctly your hamstring and glutes are also gonna get hit pretty hard on these.

BigDogRonnieC is offline New Member
    the only way to put on good size to the legs are deadlifts and squats all free weight those two will put on great size i love squats to death even though im not very strong in them.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I hate squats.. I have horrible form.... I can't do Sh1t... I hate them... I think they are the worst exercise for my back... but I'm gonna try and work into them... heavy squats, leg press, and hack squats... time to get beefy..

MASStermind is offline Banned
    if youre looking for mass in calves hit them from differnet angles. I started hitting my calves by pointing my toes in and then pointing them out instead of the straight up and down and what a difference it had made in calf development.

mass junkie is offline banned
    for mass...

squat
    leg press
    hacks

I actually pre exhaust with leg extensions...and it works pretty well for me...but of course the big three that you mentioned are the staple of my routine

Thread Information