dajones is offline New Member

Talking squatting technique

when i do squats i go all the way down so my ass is almost touching the floor on every rep every set.
    the last time i was doing squats i was on my las set with 120kg on the bar i finished my set and a bloke came over and told me i was going to far down i only needed to go half way down to work the muscle do you guys have any idea of which way is best all the way or only half way?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    when i do squats, i only go to when my thighs are about parallel to the floor.

what is that, powersquats, where you drop all the way down and then come back up. i see this guy in my gym doing that. not for me though b/c i'm not competing.

dajones is offline New Member

squats

i did try doing half squats but it didnt seem right when you go all the way down you can really feel your quads working 110% and the pump you get is awesome when you only go half way down i feel as though im cheatin just wonderin which is best all round for the muscle

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    I only go til my legs are parallel with the floor, but some people say to go all the way down. I don't what it is, even if I use no weight at all I can't go all the way down and I have good form I just can't do it. And my legs are one my best features and I would think I could do anything, but I'm not sure what's best.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Full squats below parallel will train your glutes a lot more. Now that's fine if you don't mind the glute size. I've been squatting for almost 20 years and as a result of deep squats I have great quads but also a big hind end as well. If your joint flexability allows you to go deep with good from then as long as you warm up and wrap then you'll be fine. Perhaps you can alternate your depth and increase the volume on your moderate squats.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    A squat should be done like all body parts (FULL RANGE OF MOVEMENT)would you do flat bench press going to the half way point(UNLESS YOU WERE GOING FOR THE FINAL PUMP)

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    if you go that low and you are pretty stong make sure to get some knee wraps, it takes quite a strain on mine when i go that low and the wraps help a lot.

Ray
    Ray is offline Junior Member
    I dont think you should use knee wraps. Your tendons and ligaments will stay the same strength as your muscles get stronger and that will just invite injury. It will increase your lift significantly but its false strength. I think if you want the most development out of your legs go as deep as possible WITHOUT rounding your back. If you are going very deep without rounding your back then that should be the best for overoll development. I suggest that you vary depths anyway though. By not going as deep youll be able to use more weight and you work different muscle fibers and vice versa. Maybe you should rotate the varying depths every 8 weeks or so. JMO

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I see the pros like ass 2 floor squats so they must work.

Thread Information