Sema is offline Associate Member

Forearm soreness

Hi

I am now working out since a month or three, but when i hit the biceps, after i workout and for several days thereafter, i have terrible cramps in my forearms...
    But i dont think i am using too much weight though...

Can someone help me out with this? thx

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    It sounds like you are not having enough water....And you are probably trying to hard to soon.....

So more drinking and less weight?

yeah, but i must say , i dont drink less than I ever have, and its only recently that i have those pains in my arms...

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    Is it cramps or are the muscle sore? for cramps follow the directions of the big dogs. But it could be something that I get when I do biceps. It is simiar to the pains in shin splints, the muscles in the forearms are trying to grow and are impeded somehow, for instance pressing against the bone in a unnatural manner. This can cause cramps, but not the main cause.

well, to subscribe the pains as detailed as possible, its when i let go of the weights with my hands, so when i open them, then it hurts terribly for something like 5 seconds or so, and the days thereafter those are sore spots when i press on them...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i get pains in mine also when i do bi's. they tighten up so much i can barely grap the bar tords the end, Im just trying to figure out if im just getting a really big pump in my forearms since im on right now. or if my forearms are just laging behind and a burning before my bi's
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

LittleMeth is offline Junior Member
    Yes i would have to say drink more water(6-8 glasses a day) and if your joints are soar you should go to a drug store and buy a bottle of shark cartlidge. That soarness is a build up of acids on your joints. You can also try shaking, whiping your hands around really fast after sets.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I have had those same symptoms. I do not believe from your description that it is anything 2 serious as if the pain was to bad you would be at the doctor's office. You might have a slight tear or strain which in case you should lay off the heavy weights for a lillte while. I would first try the drinking more water as everyone above mentioned. This sounds like the first area of correction that I would try before altering my workout drastically.
    IC

MindBomb is offline Member
    I think it's your lifting technique. When your doing bicep curls and curling your wrist at the top, you are actually working your forearms with the biceps. And if you are working out with heavy weights, or increased weights, your forearm will feel it as much as the bicept. I think you have nothing to worry about. Your just geting your forearm big.

Ok, Thank you all for helping me out!

T-NUTZ is offline Junior Member
    If the pain is to bad just change up routine and maybe lay off the biceps for a week and give it some rest

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I would also suggest using straps where you're able to use them. For example, if you're doing preacher curls... use the strap to grip the bar, that way, you're using your bicep to pull the bar up, rather than having to grip it really tight and cramping up your forearms.... then add forearm exercises to your workout routine so that they're not being neglected by use of the straps.

I know that when I do bent over rows with the straight bar, unless I use straps, my forearms will cramp up and I will lift to failure - but FOREARM failure and not back failure.... defeating the purpose of the exercise. So, when I use the straps, they help me get the bar up using my back muscles, rather than using my forearms and fingers....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

TOM2502002 is offline Junior Member
    not to sound dumb but, bananas and potassium go great with combating cramping..

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    i get soreness in my upper forarm it inbetween mainly because of postion the preacher curls put my arms in (also i broke my wrist while back so it hard for me to grab bar so i might be using it more to help that out)

Thread Information