Thread: forearm splints

Mounts is offline New Member

forearm splints

when i lift biceps...my forearms cant handle the weight i need to get my bi's bigger. Therefor, my bi's will not grow. The reason my forearms wont hold the weight is because i get horrible forearm splints, just like shin splints. As soon as i let go of the bar/dumbell, the pain just flares up. The most logical reason is to build my forearms up to hold the weight, but will this take away the splints? and i work my forearms twice a week by taking the 45 lb bar andturning my palms up in front of my knees and rolling the bar up, then back down. I can usually get 40-50 reps of this, but my forearms dont seem to grow. Should i use more weight with this exercise or use a different excersize? is there anything i can take to reduce the pain? please help! its extremely frusterating!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i use to get that too but my pain was going too heavy and gripping the bar to tight

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Weak wrists and forarms can cause major epicondyle tendonitis. As your Biceps get stronger the link gets weaker if you don't train the forarms. Start adding some heavier wrist curls and reverse curls in your bicep training and ice your elbows afterward if they're a bit sore, but don't work through pain. Gradually increase as your strength also increases. Remember that everything works together.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    do hammer curls, mine hurt when i do any other curl exercise, you just have to deal with it, but on hammer curls mine do not hurt, so try those.

Met-Rx is offline Junior Member
    ya, i used to have that same problem, but i did the hammer curls and it started to go away slowly. It happen to me when i did preacher curls. Don t workout through the pain.

Dbolaholic is offline Junior Member
    Stay away from the preacher and the EZ bar. Just like they said, keep to dumbell movements, strengthen your forearms. Also let go of the bar slowly to help from the pain right after. And iceing when u get home might help a bit. Its just a matter of lettting them heal.

NASH is offline New Member
    I have been working out my forearms for a long time, and it did not cure my ailment. I had to exchange any barbell execises with dumbells. Your arms naturally adjust so you do not feel any pain on your forearms when using dumbells. Did it hurt the growth of my biceps , fuck no. My pipes have grown extremely well with a large diet of dumbells. Hope this helped , good luck.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    All I gotta say is I got a bad one in my left forarm. I think it's from the Winny.......Although I do use the ez curl bar for standing bi's

M

Sema is offline Associate Member
    Same problem i have;
    needed to leave the biceps routine for some weeks, now its getting better by not doing the preacher curls too often anymore, and i also learned that grabbing the bar too tight can be really painfull in the wrists... Holding them not so focused and letting them go very slowly thereafter helped a lot to me

Thread Information