MYOBRAIN is offline Junior Member
    5'11
    10%bf
    18 1/2 - cold

durbin22 is offline Member
    17.5 cold.

Veritas is offline New Member
    A hair under 14 cold.

Not bad for a 29 year old who has only worked out for a solid 6 months my whole life. Getting back into it though. Think the genes are there.

Only 5' 6" 160lb too. Tis but a wee maaaaaan.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    16.5 cold.
    My bi peak blows.

Braddx is offline New Member

PHATCAT is offline Associate Member
    16.5 cold 17 pumped

tfgbkk is offline New Member
    I dont want to whine....but lets not forget to correlate bicep size with arm length!! My guess is the shorter the arm, the easier it is to build big guns. I am stuck at 15.5" cold but my arms are a whopping 36" long (shirt sleeve length). Lets hear it for all the 6'5"+ guys out there!

Qilsin is offline New Member
    my biceps are only 11 inches un flexed but im only 16 and im 9 stone. i have just started the gym a couple of months ago. but im going to give steriods a go.

BowFlex-er is offline Junior Member
    Yeah mine are probably the smallest on the board next to Qilsin, Heck some of these girls on here have bigger pipes then me .

Flexed: Left arm 11.8 Right arm 12.2 <<<Cold stats
    Flexed: Left arm 11.9 Right arm 12.3 <<<Pumped stats

I just don't get it, When I am pumped WOW I get a .1 difference and you guys are getting like a 1/2" to an 1" This sucks. But hey I am trying my darndest to get atleast to a 13" then I will set another goal when I reach that.

Paranoid is offline Associate Member
    Age - 25
    6'
    235lb
    <15%BF
    Pumped - 19.5"
    Cold - 19"

Only 1 cycle experience

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    Cold 17.25, slaughtering my triceps has helped tremendously in overall size and shape.

Little_Lee is offline New Member
    I'm a little over 17" cold! Not bad for a guy whos only 5'4''!!

funkdoc911 is offline Junior Member
    16.75 cold lil more with a pump good symetry

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    17 cold - 17.5 pumped. i want 19 or 20" biceps.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    16 3/4" cold, same thickness as my legs. Ha

Compaired to you monsters I have toothpicks! Well, back to the gym for me.

shocker69 is offline New Member
    my bi's are 16 cold, i too thought they were small but guess i'm somewhat right in the middle, long way to go though, also where at in florida babyweight, me on the east coast

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    17.5 cold, pumped has got to be at least 18.5, now if only my penis were that size, I would be a truly happy man.

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    18 1/2 cold 19 pumped. Trying for 20 but I have been battling a bicep strain.

16 ahha

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    just under 18 cold

F40
    F40 is offline Junior Member
    You guys are huge...

No cycles yet - I'm a pathetic 15'' cold...

Having said that my arms were the size of my fingers when I started training so I ought to be proud of myself!

clipper is offline Associate Member
    Mine are 19 1/4 left and 19 3/4 on my right . I am left handed. My right has a better peak too.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    12.5 unflexed, 14.5 flexed (both measurements cold). i know they are small, but they look good and thats all that matters...=) no offence to anyone, but i find it funny when people are like "i got 18 inch biceps!" and when you actually see them, they are fat and undeveloped...=P

-- clocky baby

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    6'5" 215 @ 8-9% bf w\ 17.5" arms when flexed (no pump)

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    i would be curious to know out of all the people with 19" and over..... are you natural and is your bf below 10%

that is my ultimate goal. i am coming from 6'5" 160 to now 7 years later 6'5" 215 @ 8-9% w\ 17.5" arms. i will stay natural but not too sure about gainig 1 1/2" on my arms and staying lean.

i will bulk mid sept through april so i geuss time will tell. i will probably get up to 12% bf and then cut back down to 8%

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    Well my arms are a real week point. Any size came from years of powerlifting (cleans and presses mostly). Cold, unflexed they're 17. Flexed and pumped they're 18.5. (Just for the record calves are 18.5 unflexed/unpumped).

TheNewSteel is offline New Member
    mine aren't too great, 14.5 left, and 14 right, and i'm right handed, lol, but it's always been bigger on left
    the funny part of it is my arms were .5 inch smaller when I actually isolated them, I eventually just said screw it because i never got anywhere with curls or any kind of tricep isolation
    Dips, pullups, and bent over rows forever

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    17.5 Cold Never Measured Them Pumped, Find That Preacher Curls Are Best, Especially If You Add Drop Sets... Flush That Blood

lethalppl is offline Associate Member

lol

WOW never thought this post would last so long. IT been over year this thing been going. So ok back to me again since mine changed big time. 15.25 Ya i know i lost alot of size dam surgry but now im going for 19 babies

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Just wondering. I just started working out again not to long ago and for the last three months, I've been keeping track of my measurements.

My biceps have grown 4 cm (1.5 in.) over the last 3 months. I normally gain .5 cm after every workout (with some exception).

I don't use any steroids , no growth hormones, no prohormones. All natural. I'm just wondering if that is a good gain for 3 months or if it's just average or even if it's below average.

I'm happy with the results, but I don't know if I should be satisfied with that amount of growth. I'm very thin, but my grand-uncle (by Blood) was like Mr. America or something like that back in the day, so I think I have the pontential to get a lot bigger.

Thanks for your input and opinion.

mass junkie is offline banned
    17.5" cold....a lil over 18 pumped

excuse me, i'm a little drunk so i might be a little offensive...

.5 cm after every workout? 1.5 inches in 3 months?...natural? thats a crock. i worked out for 12 months intensely, had a good diet, and gained like 15 lbs...and my bicepts measured the same before an after.

i'll be the first to admit, i'm a small guy...but i do know a few people in real life that put to shame 90% of the pics in the member's pics forum. they have frequented this website a moderate amount and they all tell me they get sick of people lying about their gains and stats.

those gains seem hard for me to believe for someone who is natural. all the huge guys i know in real life tell me their gains came in tiny amounts spread over a span of 5+ years.

i've heard from multiple sources (including amature bbers, and professors in kinesiology from my school) that its physically impossible to put on more than 5 lbs a year (of lean body mass) without steroids .

sorry to diss, but i find this hard to believe.

-- clocky baby

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Just wondering. I just started working out again not to long ago and for the last three months, I've been keeping track of my measurements.

My biceps have grown 4 cm (1.5 in.) over the last 3 months. I normally gain .5 cm after every workout (with some exception).

I don't use any steroids, no growth hormones, no prohormones. All natural. I'm just wondering if that is a good gain for 3 months or if it's just average or even if it's below average.

I'm happy with the results, but I don't know if I should be satisfied with that amount of growth. I'm very thin, but my grand-uncle (by Blood) was like Mr. America or something like that back in the day, so I think I have the pontential to get a lot bigger.

Thanks for your input and opinion.

That is soooooo cool. Thanks a lot. That makes me feel really good about my growth. I've been thinking about juicing, but I guess I really don't have to if my rate of gain is really that good compared to others.

But believe it. I started out working out with a 30 lb dumbell and now I'm working out withe a 50 lb dumbell. I still can't curl it 10 times, but I'm up to about 6 or 7 times. By the end of this week I should be able to curl it 10 times (I usually only do three sets).

And when I wrote, ".5 cm after every workout", it's really after avery 2 workouts. I've been averaging .5 cm per week and I usually work my bi's twice a week. I didn't notice the mistake until after I had already submitted it, and it didn't seem like all that important of a difference anyway.

I can see people liying about their stats or gains in certain context, but when a person is asking for honest advice about something, I don't see why they would want to lie. That just doesn't seem to make much sense.

Thanks a lot again. I think you just made my day.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Clocky, in the very beginning, it's a stretch, but it is possible to have that kind of growth in 3-5 months.

That being said, I'm sure this guy is putting some fat on his arms along with muscle. Some people are predisposed to put on adipose tissue there. Also measurements taken as a newbie tend to be "optimistic" to say the least.

Then again, he might just be f*%^ing with people.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Clocky, in the very beginning, it's a stretch, but it is possible to have that kind of growth in 3-5 months.

That being said, I'm sure this guy is putting some fat on his arms along with muscle. Some people are predisposed to put on adipose tissue there. Also measurements taken as a newbie tend to be "optimistic" to say the least.

Then again, he might just be f*%^ing with people.
    word

I actually didn't start taking the measurements until I had been back into working out for a month or two. That way I avoided the whole initial burst of growth thing.

As far as fat is concerned, 1) I don't tend to put on fat at all really (I'm 6' tall and weighd 135 lbs until I started working out in my early 20's). 2) adipose tissue is on the stomach, it protects the abdominal wall and you can actually lift it up out of the body of a cadaver as if it were an organ. That's the main part that stores fat in "male pattern" obesity. But my arms have no real (subcutanious) fat on them, they aren't cut up a lot, but they are very tight and very smooth when flexed or relaxed.

As far as optimistic is concerned, 1) I'm not really a newbie. I've been working out off and on for about 15 years. I just never stuck with it for more that 6 months or so at a time. 2) I have a research background, so I'm not really prone to making my measurements look better than what they actually are. 3) The data I collect is just for my own use and not intended for anyone else to read (so I have no vein reason for making them look better than what they are).

And finally, I'm not messin with anyone. I just really wanted to know if my gains are good for the average person. Because all of my research is on myself, I have no baseline to compare it to. I've spent years trying to figure out what the best excercises are, what the best diet is, what the best suppliments are, etc. (relaited to bulking). I've never used steroids or prohormones because I want to see how much growth I can get naturally.

I am happy and VERY supprised that so many people find it so hard to believe. It really makes me feel good about the rate of gain I've been able to achieve. And now I'm figuring it's really not worth the risk of taking any steroids if my gains are already close to those of a person that's on steroids.

Keep the comments comming.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    I actually didn't start taking the measurements until I had been back into working out for a month or two. That way I avoided the whole initial burst of growth thing.

As far as fat is concerned, 1) I don't tend to put on fat at all really (I'm 6' tall and weighd 135 lbs until I started working out in my early 20's). 2) adipose tissue is on the stomach, it protects the abdominal wall and you can actually lift it up out of the body of a cadaver as if it were an organ. That's the main part that stores fat in "male pattern" obesity. But my arms have no real (subcutanious) fat on them, they aren't cut up a lot, but they are very tight and very smooth when flexed or relaxed.

As far as optimistic is concerned, 1) I'm not really a newbie. I've been working out off and on for about 15 years. I just never stuck with it for more that 6 months or so at a time. 2) I have a research background, so I'm not really prone to making my measurements look better than what they actually are. 3) The data I collect is just for my own use and not intended for anyone else to read (so I have no vein reason for making them look better than what they are).

And finally, I'm not messin with anyone. I just really wanted to know if my gains are good for the average person. Because all of my research is on myself, I have no baseline to compare it to. I've spent years trying to figure out what the best excercises are, what the best diet is, what the best suppliments are, etc. (relaited to bulking). I've never used steroids or prohormones because I want to see how much growth I can get naturally.

I am happy and VERY supprised that so many people find it so hard to believe. It really makes me feel good about the rate of gain I've been able to achieve. And now I'm figuring it's really not worth the risk of taking any steroids if my gains are already close to those of a person that's on steroids.

Keep the comments comming.
    Thanks
    word

DBarcelo come back after you have your training straight for a couple of years and see if your progress is the same. What's this about your uncle being Mr America? Not something to say lightly.
    You're rubbing some people here the wrong way.

If you want to compare against someone else: At 5'7", I went from 140 12%bf to to 180 with 10% bf, from 13 inch to 16 inch arms (cold) in 9 months.

Another thing, If you can't clearly see the separation between the biceps, triceps, and brachialis on our outer arm then you have fat tissue there.

Every human body has a pontial and a limit. Gaining as quick as I am, I really don't think it can keep up for two years. Not realistic at all. And as far as me sticking to working out, it's always been something that got in the way, like a job schedule or something like that.

And the comment about my grand uncle seems to have been misconstrude by you. I believe he was a Mr. America some years ago, my grandmother told me about him and she may have gotten the title confused, but it was only to suggest that I may have some kind of genetic predisposition for being able to put on muscle size. Not intentially trying to rub anyone the wrong way here.

As far as your stats are concerned, my only question is, was it with any chemical assistance or was it natural? I never bothered with body fat, because I've never really been able to get much fat on my body. But it sounds like you had some really strong gains there.

And the fat tissue thing, I believe I wrote something like "hardly any" or "not any real amount" or something to the effect that I know that there is some sort of fat tissue there, but very little. That's why I pointed out the fact that I'm not very cut up. But since you mention it, you can clearly see the seperation of the muscle groups in my upper arms, just not able to see striations.

I have never used AAS, and am natural outside of a 2 week prohormone cycle which did nothing but waste $160. I think we're both fast gainers.

There's only one Mr. America per year, so if your Grand Uncle was one, you could probably find pictures online.

If you can specifically see your brachialis, then you're pretty damn cut. Congrats.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information