kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

Cutting...How do you feel before morning cardio?

Just wondering everyones state of mind and the how you feel physically before morning cardio? Sometimes I am so drained, it is hard to get HR to 75% and some days I can get to 80% if I want and stick for 40 minutes.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i'm just tired in the mornin and have to force myself to run. getting the HR that i want is easy once i get goin.

Totally agreed. What I like doing is getting my HR to 70% and then get off the bike and stretch for 1 minutes then get back on. This keeps me from getting in that rut. I do this every 8-10 minutes. My HR only drops slightly.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    i'm just tired in the mornin and have to force myself to run. getting the HR that i want is easy once i get goin.
    Same here bro. I am exhausted until I get my a$$ on eliptical. Once I get going im good.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    King it is amazing and why I think most people do morning cardio (besides for the reason morning is the best time) I actually feel better at the end than when I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    King it is amazing and why I think most people do morning cardio (besides for the reason morning is the best time) I actually feel better at the end than when I started.
    Yeh, i feel pretty good too once ive stuck to it for the 45 or 60 minutes. Getting out of bed is the hardest part or maybe surviving early morning tv for the cardio session. Just have to tell myself not to be lazy and get out of bed and start the cardio.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Changed my cardio to EOD and at noon for the boredom reason.

I get the same results because I eat correctly to get the benefits of fasted cardio, while allowing myself to be MUCH more awake/hyped/etc., while at the gym w/eye candy all over, the sun out and shining, a great day ahead of me (rest of the day), G-Unit or GAME C.D. making me keep the intensity going full force. I don't feel that my early a.m. sessions these days could produce as much energy/results.

I do a.m. cardio at times, yes, but I'm giving this "experiment" of mine a good go around. Tighter dieting, a bit less cardio, and a different cardio time.

We'll see! I'm doing this to compare myself to what I achieve by my old protocol. If you can do a.m. cardio now, by all means, it works so do it!

~SC~

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    Just wondering everyones state of mind and the how you feel physically before morning cardio? Sometimes I am so drained, it is hard to get HR to 75% and some days I can get to 80% if I want and stick for 40 minutes.
    i am excited and eager to go knowing that it will
    -rid fat, make me look better
    -speed recovery
    -help me to eat like a horse for the rest of the day

as soon as i hear the alarm, i bounce out of the bed and get goin.

i wake up an extra hour early so i can do it right before my first class.

i like it and its almost relaxing to just put the headphones on and go do what ya gotta do

Yes it is relaxing after the initial 20 minutes or so. I work out in my garage with some zepplin pumpin', cannot beat it. about 30 minutes through I am already palnning my 8 pm lifting session in my head, praying that I can get more up than last week, even though I am cutting. I am curious to Swoles new cardio schedule, please elaborate, or will that cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i am excited and eager to go knowing that it will
    -rid fat, make me look better
    -speed recovery
    -help me to eat like a horse for the rest of the day
    Sorry to sound like an idiot here, but I never realised cardio helped recovery, how does that work ?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Killer
    Sorry to sound like an idiot here, but I never realised cardio helped recovery, how does that work ?
    Only mild cardio may assist in recovery but mostly for legs within 1 day of doing legs. May assist removing toxins/lactate ect. to speed some forms of recovery.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I don't even think about it really. I just get up head to the gym and climb onto a piece of equipment and go.....generally about 45-60 minutes five days a week.....and another 30 in the afternoon EOD. by 6 AM cardio is done and I'm heading to the shower.

magicksun is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    me too.
    if i'm just doing cardio that day I do it at home (in an oldie bike but still works) so if i felt very bad i could easy quit. but its not usual. plus this way i have the food very near when finished.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate getting outta bed for it, especially in the winter, BUT, its the most amazing feeling when your done! And, I have more energy throughout the day, just feels great, plus I am losing that FAT!

Quote Originally Posted by magicksun
    me too.
    if i'm just doing cardio that day I do it at home (in an oldie bike but still works) so if i felt very bad i could easy quit. but its not usual. plus this way i have the food very near when finished.
    Ha arn't you supposed to wait 30 min at least?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    I am curious to Swoles new cardio schedule, please elaborate, or will that cost me?

I believe I am more than done elaborating, thanks.

~SC~

magicksun is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Ha arn't you supposed to wait 30 min at least?
    i'm supossed yes. but i do lots of thing wrong, i know. its just when i've finished i'm very hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by magicksun
    i'm supossed yes. but i do lots of thing wrong, i know. its just when i've finished i'm very hungry.
    lol at least your honest

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Killer
    Recovery is aerobic, therefore an improvement in your cardiovascular system, improves the recovery process.

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    I don't even think about it really. I just get up head to the gym and climb onto a piece of equipment and go.....generally about 45-60 minutes five days a week.....and another 30 in the afternoon EOD. by 6 AM cardio is done and I'm heading to the shower.
    I might sound like a tard, but what is EOD ?

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    I might sound like a tard, but what is EOD ?
    Means "Explosive Ordenance Disposal"

lol means every other day!

xenithon is offline Member
    Here are my quick thoughts on cardio, how you feel physically and mentally etc. :

The body likes to be in a constant state. For example, it likes having your HR at a certain level and sticking with it. That is why when you start cardio you often feel crap, but once you hit your target HR and stick to it you get in the "groove" and sometimes it feels almost effortless. This is because you have reached a comfort zone where the body does not have to change to changing conditions.

I found when doing AM bike riding I felt like ****, and often this stayed for up to 20 minutes because it took that long to reach around 140 BPM. Only then did the cardio really start! Then I starting thinking about the idea of getting to the target HR quickly then sticking to it. What I do now is jump on the treadmill for 5 minutes. It does not have to be a sprint even, but jogging/running kicks the HR up exceedingly better than the bike.

After 5 minutes running I am near panting and the HR is up. I then stretch the quads and jump straight onto the bike for my 30-40 minutes. This way I ride the bike for 30-40 minutes at my target HR instead of 20 minutes REACHING it then 10-20 minutes at the target HR.

X

Good call X, I tried that same thing about a year ago but was losing weight too fast so I stick with the normal way to lose 1 1/2 a week. I save that for when I am in a rut and need to kick it up but neverthe less that is a great method. You must monitor your body if you are doing that 6 times a week as I got overtrained in a matter of 4 weeks with the 4-5 lifting sessons a week on top of thge cardio.

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Means "Explosive Ordenance Disposal"

lol means every other day!

hahaha, im catching on slowly but surely. One day ill know all the terms.

Thread Information