Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

What time do you workout?

morning, noon, or night?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    i tend to start my workout at 7:30pm. I finish work at 4pm, home at 5pm, have a feed do the thing with the wife and kids then yeah down to the gym........HITMAN

hitman, what do you eat/drink postworkout?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    well hopefully the wife has cooked up some chicken on rice with carrots or fish with rice or pasta and some greenery but other wise ill have a protein shake a banana and a iced water untill i cook dinner........HITMAN

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    i work nights so after work i go to sleep, wake up around 5, go the gym at like 6-630...

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    4:00 am in the moring I'm up cooking breakfast and getting ready to go to the gym. I useually get to the gym about 5:00 although here lately I have not been getting there until about 5:20. I'll workout until I have to come home and get ready for work which useually is a little past 7.
    IC

Core is offline Junior Member
    I get out of work at 3pm. I get to the gym around 4 and I'm outta there at 6. Go home and have dinner

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    get off work at 4:30pm go straight to the gym, im home by 6. Peace

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    after work like 5pm i like to eat alot during the day so im energized for my workout , i tried lifting in the morning once
    and i felt really weak

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    It depends, I normally work out in the evenings after a hard day at the office, but sometimes I will get up early when I can't sleep and hit the gym early and get it out of the way.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I workout at 12:15 in the afternoon which is kinda nice because hardly anyone else is there. I'm out by 1:15-1:30.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    noon seesm to work best for me.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    cardio as soon as I wake up in hte morning (7) then move weight half an hour after I get home from work 5:30- 6:45.

do all you guys that workout in the evening still ingest alot of simple (Maltodextrin or Dextrose) postworkout?

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Me. If i have a week off of weork and everything.. I get up in the morning have a protein shake and run do cardio in the morning. Other dsays I like to hit the gym at abouyt 8 or 9. Thats when the gyum is not too packed and the later the better. You can work off all the shit you ate during the day. Then after the work out, i have a protein shake and a nutrgrain bar. A little carbs and a little protien

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Tobey
    4:00 am in the moring I'm up cooking breakfast and getting ready to go to the gym. I useually get to the gym about 5:00 although here lately I have not been getting there until about 5:20. I'll workout until I have to come home and get ready for work which useually is a little past 7.
    IC
    That's awesome bro, what time do you go to sleep at night?
    My gym is open early in the morning and closes pretty late so that's when I try to go, either really early or really late. One of my biggest challenges at the gym is avoiding talking to people i know (wastes time), so i try to go when no one's there.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    i do cardio 30 mins a day , then tan for 20 mins, be home by 8:30a.m
    5:15p.m to 7:00p.m is when i do my workout depending what time my workout partner gets off work.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I always train in the morning when my energy is high. Then I come back in the evening and do some cardio and touch up work-abs, calves etc. You guys are gonna hate me, but all I really do is eat sleep train and play my guitar. I'm living at home and have some money saved up so I won't have to work for awhile, so this is pretty much my life. It usually takes me a few hours to recover from the morning wkout, then I'll play some guitar and x-box, prepare my meals and get ready for the evening workout-pretty sweet huh?

Originally posted by HARDCORE
    I always train in the morning when my energy is high. Then I come back in the evening and do some cardio and touch up work-abs, calves etc. You guys are gonna hate me, but all I really do is eat sleep train and play my guitar. I'm living at home and have some money saved up so I won't have to work for awhile, so this is pretty much my life. It usually takes me a few hours to recover from the morning wkout, then I'll play some guitar and x-box, prepare my meals and get ready for the evening workout-pretty sweet huh?

Damn this sounds like me...

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    it train at 5:30 so i can get up n the morn eat go back to sleep and do it again. I dont do shit all day but eat. its goin to b hard 4 me when i have to get a job

Originally posted by mishon1
    it train at 5:30 so i can get up n the morn eat go back to sleep and do it again. I dont do shit all day but eat. its goin to b hard 4 me when i have to get a job
    ^shit this sounds like me too...minus the 5:30 part F-that!

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    I've tried morning, noon and night to see which is best for me, and I have to say that noon is best, although for those of us in the 9 to 5, this is usually not an option.

But if your gym's anything like mine, we get the treadmillers arriving between 5 and 9 PM, and it make life grim for the Rats.

Now, I'm going at 6 AM; the treadmillers are still asleep, but God it's hard to get motivated at that time of the morning - I just do not seem to be able to get a good workout so early. How do you do ti, Tobey? Any tips?

Tie

Rodjius is offline New Member

My workout times

I have classes till 4 pm, so I do my workouts usually at 5-7pm..
    or on tues. and thurs. at 4-6 pm

..jessica

9natural9 is offline Banned
    it varies on the weather...

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I workout from 7-9pm M-F, and around 3 or 4pm on the weekends. I don't think I could be one of those early risers and do cardio BEFORE work - I'd die.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Whenever I can get there.
    Sometimes (very rarely) 6am before work especially if I'm working both jobs that day.
    Sometimes on my lunch, if I missed the am workout.
    Otherwise 6pm-8pm. I find the best workout time for me is in the evening. Not nearly as much strength in the am.

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    Ahh, I feel the opposite than most I guess. I wake up around 8:30 am make some breakfast, wait 30-45 mins or so, and head to the gym. I feel really well rested when I wake up in the morning. Mind you, Ive been doing 30 mins cardio before each workout (I like feeling nice and warmed up and sweaty before I hit my routine for that day) and it doesn't seem to deplete my energy that much.

Also, the gym is a lot less crowded in the AM hours. Come 6 pm it turns into a freakin zoo. But I feel lucky right now that I have the opportunity to workout in the AM...

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by A_Nice

Also, the gym is a lot less crowded in the AM hours. Come 6 pm it turns into a freakin zoo. But I feel lucky right now that I have the opportunity to workout in the AM...
    No kidding man. There is no point in even trying to go to my gym between 5-7pm.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i train at around 5pm everyday. there is no way i could workout before noon.

GUARDIAN is offline New Member
    I make it to the gym around 7:30pm. Makes for a long day and sometime messes with my sleep, since I try and be asleep by 10:00 pm. The sacrifice is well worth it to me.

Ironweb is offline Member
    My shift changes around from 1st to 2nd so I train depending upon my work week. When I work 2nd it is great because I get in aroun 11 or so and have the gym to myself. When I am on 1st I usually wait till about 8 when the gym starts to clear out a little.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    In the morning defintely. As soon as I get off school I hurry to the gym and try to be back before 1. If not I don't feel as energetic in the gym.

At 2:30 pm. two hours after lunch, Its the time that works best for me.

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Early in the morning - 5:30 when my gym opens....when I'm "on" I'll also go at 6 pm after work to do a different body part.

Thread Information