xplicit is offline Member

Exclamation Carbs after workout

I heard after working out in the gym when you get home you shoiuld try and eat a carbs like potatoes that are high in G I.
    Somethign with the sugar carring the insulin threw the blood faster to get to your muscles. I read it in a magazine im not 100 correct but can anyone verify it ?

Farmer is offline Member
    Yeah you want to take in a high GI (glycemic index) carb so it will convert to glucose faster in the blood and replenish the lost glycogen during your workout. Right now I am taking a banana and my protein/glutamine powder to my gym and having it mixed after I get done. The banana is like a 51 on the GI scale which is good but baked potatos and yams are also really good. Gatorade is another one that is high on the scale. Hope this helps.

Peace

xplicit is offline Member
    Thanks it does i make sure i have 2 potatoes when i get home from the gym with my protein drink that i put a banana in lol Look at that i got all the thigns u mentioned in there i feel like i mdoing right now lol thanks brother

Farmer is offline Member
    No, prob bro. Its really important to get carbs in after a workout because if not your body will use the protein for the energy instead and you will be losing the muscle building benefits.

peace

good luck with yer training

Thread Information