caseylee is offline Junior Member

do you guys stretch before you run ?

do you guys stretch before yall run, is so what do yall do, and if not, y not?

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    i dont ever stretch and i never have had problems before. i dont really think it effects me that much so i dont see a reason to do it

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I strech out my hams and quads, and start at a slow job, and work my speed up. Strech afterwards as well...

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    I stretch every time too. It helps me keep from cramping. I also come back, take a shower, and stretch in the shower because the heat helps loosen me up a bit...

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Always stretch even before the pre-workout warmup cardio. I take about 15 minutes after workoing out to stretch and 20-25 minutes after I do legs.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    getting old sucks!! I didn't stretch good enough the other day before squats. Everything felt fine while I was doing my set, I racked the bar, stepped away 2 steps and BAM!! my hamstring locked up tight and felt like some SOB had came up behind me and jabbed a knife in the back of leg. I laid in the floor (home gym) for about 5 minutes wondering how in the hell I was ever going to get back up. Hurt like hell everytime I tried to move it.

I stretched longer the next week!!

Stretching is a good thing!

peace,

ttgb

superbeast is offline Member
    Screw running! I'm too heavy for that shit anymore. I stick to very low impact cardio. I have enough trouble with joints.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Hell yeah I strectch! It gets me warmed up and ready for the workout. I pay special attention to my calves because they cramp up like a motha. I think I got shin splints or somethin..

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Gotta stretch before a run. Stretching before a run warms the legs up. When you bench, is your first set your heaviest one? (If it is shame on you). Not stretching is asking for an injury. I run 5 days a week and I will stretch for at least 15 minutes every time.

postel is offline Junior Member
    I always do a few minutes of fast walkin/slow joggin before I stretch just to get the blood pumpin. After the warm-up cardio I stretch again, mainly the muscles that are about to be worked on. Then I stretch inbetween sets to keep the muscle lose and eliminates the need to stretch after the workout.

justme is offline Associate Member
    I was always taught to not stretch before the work out/ cardio because you have a greater chance of pulling/tearing the muscle becuase it's not warmed up.

So I always wait until I have done my run and stretch at the end. If I had to stretch before I think I would jog for 5-10 minutes then stretch and go for my real run.

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    Anything thats low impact cardio i never really strech. But before I play raquetball, or basketball or something I always stretch out otherwise its a good way to pull something, or be really sore the next few days.

Thread Information