Thread: overtraining

mase is offline New Member

overtraining

Is training for more than an 1 1/2 to much. I usually train for 2 hours.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    probably not cause i doubt that its 2 hours of non stop training.

In Brief: Overtraining syndrome is a serious problem marked by decreased performance, increased fatigue, persistent muscle soreness, mood disturbances, and feeling 'burnt out' or 'stale.' The diagnosis of overtraining is usually complicated, there are no exact diagnostic criteria, and physicians must rule out other diseases before the diagnosis can be made. An orthostatic challenge shows promise as a diagnostic tool, but the subjective feelings of the patient remain one of the most reliable early warning signs. Prevention is still the best treatment, and certain subjective and objective parameters can be used by athletes and their trainers to prevent overtraining. Further studies are needed to find a reliable diagnostic test and determine if proposed aids to speed recovery will be effective.

the rest of that article can be found here : http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/...1/uusitalo.htm

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    i heard that your test level drops drastically after an hour. i might be wrong. i would like to BUMP this.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    I think Dorian put it best: "Remember you can only sprint for 100 or 200 meters, not for 1 or 2 miles. The same principle applies to weight training. It is possible to train all out for 30 or 40 minutes, but not for 2 hours."

Thread Information