$uperman is offline Member

Exclamation << pains in stomach >>

Hey guys , yesterday i was doing heavy dead lifts. Well today i woke up and just behind my belly button was sore as hell. I didnt worry to much about it but as the day went by the pain got alot worse. Now when i bend over it hurts bad and is very tender when i touch it. I know a hernia starts around the naval and can get bigger. Could this pain be coming from a minor hernia i may have gotten by lifting to heavy ?

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Sounds like it brother... go to your Doctor ....check it out.... b4 anymore lifting. good luck ... You really should have went, instead of possibly gettin some wrong advice here... any injury, when severe pain is involved , go see your doc dont ask on a forum whether you should or not...

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Oh superman PLEASE do not worry its very common all you have probably done is pulled a strained your abdomen!

hernias show as a painless swelling in the groin which gets larger when straining etc! Pain occurs when the hernia becomes twisted or nipped. The hernia may be painful and may not reduce back into the abdomen on lying down! Urgent surgical treatment is required!

Im not saying you cant get a hernia from lifting weights because you can but i promise you you would definitly know about it! I was lifting the other week and woke up with dreadful stomach pains dont worry it passed just remember how important strick form is and as i said if it continues see your doc! or even just see him to put your mind at rest!
    Ms Figure

Thanx guys... and gals. I was just kinda concerned because ive never felt a pain in that particular area. Its kinda red around my belly button too. I guess im gonna chill out for few dayz and if it continues i make a visit to the doc.
    Thanx again
    $teve-o

well make sure you do!

Ps love the avatar
    Ms Figure

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well I know this, I had a good friend that got a hernia in his navel, and it slowly moved down to his groin area. So my advice is to go see a doctor. I pull abs all the time, but if it hurts when you touch it.. sure sounds like a hernia to me. But I am not doctor, so go see one..

Much thanx......

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    No flame bro but it is bad form if you get pain in the ab region when deadlifting.I had it once and that is what it was.Going heavy on the deadlift can be great for building strength but also lethal if you get it wrong.
    Rest up leave it a couple of days and get it checked out,better to be safe than sorry

Billy

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Ibuprofin, rest, and heat my man. Let it rest and you'll most likely be fine in a couple weeks.

Hows the stomach Now???????
    Ms Figure

about the same , the pain isnt as worse as it was before. I still have a knot around my naval and its tender. Ive been chilling out this pass week , lots of rest. If the swelling doesnt go down in about 2 days or so im going to get it checked. Thanx for asking.....

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Man you have a hernia.. I bet sounds just like my buddy...

Thread Information