ROOKIE22 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy sharp pain in the forearm when throwing a baseball...

I have been working out hard for 9 months. I have put on 30lbs of muscle. I just started throwing a baseball the otherday to get warmed up for the season. when i did this i got a sharp shooting pain on the outer side of my forearm. I know that i really havent been steching enough so i am sure this has had something to do with it but is there anything that i might be able to do to make this go away?

I just went back to preachers like a week ago. I used to get pain from the but the last time i did it it felt fine. DAMN the preacher curls..... Well i guess i will take those out again and keep the glove in the bag for a few weeks.

I better not miss the season!!!!!!!!

thanks man

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am in agreement with base. I played baseball from tee ball through college. I actually had to quit for this reason. Lifting weights is no problem for me but to this day if I throw the baseball around I get the same pain I had before. Hurts when I play tennis as well.

It sucks I had to walk away from baseball but the pain was very bad and it would come back no matter how many months I took off.

I would talk to a doctor to see if it is something you can at least manage while you continue to play. I got tired of all the ibuprofen , ace forearm supports, and sports creme.

FYI - first noticed the pain during high school ball. Never had a problem before that. Was able to deal with it through college but it sucked.

Thats the thing. I have never had the pain before in that arm. I have been playing for the last 18 years with nothing. Why does the damn body have to age......

Dbolaholic is offline Junior Member
    sounds kinda what like i have. Some forearm splints, i got them from preacher curls! but sticking to dumbells and icing after workouts got them back to normal! try icing them, seems to do wonders for me!

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    tennis elbow --have it now---slight fray in tendon is what it is
    ice it all the time
    anti inflamatories
    dont do exercises that hurt it
    could take weeks or months

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    A couple of guys I know had that same problem and they kept a bucket of sand at their house. While watching TV or reading they would just sit there and play with the sand for 30-1hr.

Thanks for the responses. I have been iceing it for the last few days and it is feeling better.

Thread Information