Thread: Cardio question

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru

Cardio question

Alright guys im starting a new job next week and ill be working at 6 in the morning ****ing early too early for me to get up at 4:30 am and go do cardio and wait the 45 mins after to eat.

Ive had much success with morning cardio and post workout cardio has crappy effects for me although it works it cuts into my recovery potentially causing greater muscle loss.

But there is always the benefit of already haveing depleted glucose stores from the workout.

Now my question is If I were to get off of work around 3 say go run at 3:30 pm after getting cleaned up and do my 45-60mins of low intensity cardio and then say workout at around 6-7PM

would it be more benefical than doing so post workout???

I will have around 2 hours time to recover if I run at 3:30 until my workout
    but if doing post workout then I will have the depleted glycogen stores.

Which one would be better for getting my BF% down in the fastest timeframe?

clhp20 is offline Member
    Check this out, this might answer some of your questions.. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...76#post1815176

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    yes its a good read but Im still wondering about cutting into my recovery and the lack of PWO nutrition if cardio is implimented after weights.

So the question remains would it be enough time to recover after a cardio session 2 hours before my weight trainning and be able to drop BF in a quicker amount of time or should I just stick to pwo cardio?

clhp20 is offline Member
    Yes, the best time to do cardio is early upon arising or in an unfed state. This way the body is more prone to contributing free fatty acids to the activity. It is important also to keep the pace high but the tension low to medium so that glycogen is not wasted.If cardio is being done in conjunction with weight training then always do cardio after weight training. This way most glycogen has already been used during the high intensity weight training, and therefore more fat will contribute to the cardio session. Hormonal manipulation also plays a role here. Insulin levels should be low

alphaman is offline Member
    I wonder if your body would go catabolic in PWO cardio, and feed of muscle protein instead of fat.
    Last edited by alphaman; 05-14-2005 at 12:15 PM.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I wonder if your body would go catabolic in PWO, and feed of muscle protein instead of fat.
    The trick is to do it without losing muscle, and by creating the most optimal situation for fat burning as outlined above…

This is why these questions are so hard to answer, Nothing is set in stone, everyone has to modify, adjust these basic principles to there own bodies.

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clhp20
    The trick is to do it without losing muscle, and by creating the most optimal situation for fat burning as outlined above…

This is why these questions are so hard to answer, Nothing is set in stone, everyone has to modify, adjust these basic principles to there own bodies.

I meant if one had no other choice than doing cardio after lifting.

Thread Information