EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Stamina - I've lost it!

Here's my sitution:

Lately I feel like I've lost all energy during the last few reps of each set. The muscles that I'm working feel fine, but I feel like I've just run a marathon. I haven't changed anything in my breathing technique, rest time, or diet. Anybody have any advice?

Kid Shred is offline Member
    What is your cardio routine like? And how do you measure the efficiency of your cardio workouts? I mean by cal,time,Target heart rate, e.t.c?

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    Take 2-3 days off, after that you'll want to rip trough those sets like a mad man.

Besides it won't hurt you one bit to back off, you would have to go completely off (including diet) for 2 weeks to actually start seing negative impact on your body, it's all in our heads bro.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Good advice. I would definately back off for a couple days...and go back and see how rested you feel. Maybe your muscles have become so large that they need more rest than us "normal people".

Are you on anything, or just coming off??

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Kid Shred
    What is your cardio routine like? And how do you measure the efficiency of your cardio workouts? I mean by cal,time,Target heart rate, e.t.c?
    I measure it by heart rate and time (130-140bpm, 40 minutes) when I'm in the gym, but I usually ride a bike outside. My routine hasn't changed so I don't know if its affecting me physically in a bad way.

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I might take a few extra rest days this week.

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Maybe your muscles have become so large that they need more rest than us "normal people".
    LOL, I'm smaller than you.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    Try doing some high reps on the lifts that are giving you trouble, instead of shooting for 8-10 go for 12-15. I found that it helped me out and gave me a little extra in the tank. You don't have to do high reps every time just once in a while to get a little boost.

Hoopwxf is offline Female Member
    Maybe your body needs more food, and give 'Devil.......' method a wirl as it has also worked for me.
    You are the master of your body, take control and sculpt it.

blakyr is offline Associate Member
    By no means am I an expert, but diet make a HUGE difference.... eat a powerbar 30min before workout..... maybe even try drinking some kind of energy drink..... My more experienced friend had this problem, and he was told to take mild amounts of Cratine Stack Fuel from TwinLabs and he was more than satisfied by his rebound.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I think rest is alll he needs, try taking a few days off from the gym, carb up while you are on those days off, and you will be amazed how you will be back in the swing of things.

jamotech is offline Member

Re: Stamina - I've lost it!

I had the same problem, I found it was an overall lack of sugar in my diet, all I had been drinking was water. I tried drinking more gatorade or powerade in addition to water during the day but mostly before and during my workout. Back to normal.

Thread Information