eradikate is offline Senior Member

my chest god damn it!!

This is my chest routine..
    Flat bench 135(warm up)10x, 185lbx7times, 195lbx5times, 205lbx4times(3 sets all together excluding the warm up)
    Incline Dumbell 65x10, 70x8, 75x6 (3sets all together)
    Incline machine-2 sets
    Declind smith- 2platesx10, 2plates and 25x6, 3platesx3-4 (3sets)
    Cable Cross- 60lbx15(squeeze till i pop), 70lbx10(squeeze till ipop), 90lb(6 times) squeeze till i pop.
    My chest never wants to grow, but my strength is going up. what am i doing wrong? maybe i have a bad posture or something? help me out here buddies...everything grows except my chest

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I believe that if your getting stronger you will be getting bigger. Btw aren't yo on a cycle right now? If your going heavier your muscles will grow. Just my 2 cents bro

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Looks to me like you are limiting your heavy sets by working up in weight every set...

Why not do 2 warm-up sets with lets say 135lbs go to 185lbs for like 6 reps and then jump to your heaviest set? You should be able to get 225lbs easy for reps that way...

Same thing with the dumbbells... Start at the 75lbs and work down... If that doesn't help up the intensity with supersets bro..

Van Damme is offline New Member
    I would swap out smith decline for DB bench or DB decline. Put DB Decline in your chest workout every three workouts or something...IMO lower chest usually needs the least isolation, and gets hit quite well by flat benching. Also, how long are you resting between sets? I try to go no longer than 3 minutes. Any more is great for strength training, but for growth and shape IMO you want 3 or less, if possible.

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    i like the posts about starting heavy and going lighter, im gonna try this, should i go 4, 6, 8, or what guys, thanks

flo0rida is offline New Member
    ive added decline dumbbell flyes into my chest routine, i think those really rock your chest. also instead of starting with flat bench, try starting with incline bench. instead of doing incline dumbbell, do incline dumbbell flyes. changing up your workout every so often help alot. your muscles get very used to the same workout all the time.
    .02 from me

Personally I like keeping the reps in the 4-6 range for flat bench 4 heavy sets and sometimes I'll thrown in a lighter set at the end for 12 reps or so... I go 6-8 reps with dumbbells... Seems to work the best for me for size gains..

Originally posted by B-A-M-F
    i like the posts about starting heavy and going lighter, im gonna try this, should i go 4, 6, 8, or what guys, thanks

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    thanks a lot buff87, i was goin 4 sets,. 10,8,6,4 for a while now and just started peaking on weights, ill try ur way for better results definately, i go down weights and do as much as i can with each set correct, thanks man

my chest did get lil bigger but it doesn't grow as fast as other muscles. My bicep seems to grow like crazy for some reason. Even when i was young i always had big biceps. But my chest man, it won't grow. Also i changed up exercises every week and i do get sore for days everytime i work out. I will try upping the weights more. I'll let yea know how it goes for me. And i'm not on a cycle yet but i will be in 5-6 days.

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    I say UP the reps ever since i started doing higher reps for my chest it started growing like crazy.... i do 185 on incline 15 reps for 4 sets... i started 135 and added 2.5 pounds every week while doing 15 reps.... i tried my own experiment it took me a while to get up to 185 and do so many reps i always use to pyramid up for my chest and do low reps because others told me low reps get you bigger thats not true for everyone....But this high rep workout gave me crazy pumps and made me grow more then i was growing
    Peace Bash

What's you form like when you bench???

Are your triceps growing like crazy too like your bis???

Could be that you aren't isolating your chest correctly and now your tris and fronts delts are stronger and taking over the movement...

If going strict and heavier doesn't work try pre-exausting your chest with either pec-deck of dumbbell flies and then hit flat bench right after your set of flies... Do 4 supersets this way...

You won't be lifting as heavy, but your chest will still feel it... Try this for a few months to shock your chest and then go back to heavy straight sets...

Originally posted by eradikate
    my chest did get lil bigger but it doesn't grow as fast as other muscles. My bicep seems to grow like crazy for some reason. Even when i was young i always had big biceps. But my chest man, it won't grow. Also i changed up exercises every week and i do get sore for days everytime i work out. I will try upping the weights more. I'll let yea know how it goes for me. And i'm not on a cycle yet but i will be in 5-6 days.

my triceps are pretty big as well. But i defenitely don't use my tris much while im benching because my chest gets crazy pumped while the tricep doesnt. Maybe it's my genes?? i do not know for now. I will try upping the reps and lowering the weights. But again, i do want to bulk and i think heavy with low reps would be better, but i will give it a shot. Anymore suggestions?

Thread Information