Sickest Abs is offline Junior Member

Is it just me, or does your bi's hurt after doing a heavy back workout??

Well, I hope i have been working out correctly...(i am pretty sure i am), but after doing a sick back routine..5 different exercises..4 sets of each..8-10 reps about..my bi's are killing me...i heard that peopel do back and bi's too..is that good to get a complete burn and workout for the bi's??

thats true..b/c I have been doing heavy weight

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    I do my bi's with my back because I'm the same as you, my bi's start aching after a back workout so I just finish 'em off. I think it's inevitable that your biceps will get at least SOME workout during back because they are a support muscle. Try to minimize this by wearing wrist straps, or decreasing weight. I wear wrist straps when doing reverse grip pulldowns and it helps out big time.

Yeah, I am probably going to start using lighter weight soon anyways, because its almost summer time and tiem to get shredded!!!!

Parker is offline New Member
    Yes, sore biceps after back training is completely normal for me...always. In fact, my biceps get much more sore after training back than training biceps directly. I have yet to figure out an ideal routine. I've tried training them with back but they are much weaker after my back workout and I find it difficult to train them because they are exhausted. Then it's hard to train biceps directly because they are sore several days after back training, and then when they are not sore I train them directly and they get sore again, and then I can't train back again because the bis are sore. It's a neverending cycle. Same principle applies when training chest/shoulders/triceps for me.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I always do my back & biceps on the same day. As I do heavy deadlifts (for me they are heavy ) I find that my biceps come into play. I just end up finding it the most logical way of splitting my bodyparts to go ahead and do my biceps right after back.

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    I always do my back & biceps on the same day. As I do heavy deadlifts (for me they are heavy ) I find that my biceps come into play. I just end up finding it the most logical way of splitting my bodyparts to go ahead and do my biceps right after back.
    but the one thing i HATE about bi's after back is that my back workout is 110% and my bi's after doing back are only about
    60% after..too tired to go on

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Sickest Abs

but the one thing i HATE about bi's after back is that my back workout is 110% and my bi's after doing back are only about
    60% after..too tired to go on
    So then only do what you can, remember you have already worked the biceps some with the back workout, so you don't have to as much for the biceps since they have already had a partial workout.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Your bicepts are your secondary muscle when working back guys..... of course you are gonna feel them... SOme people will feel it m,ore then others... Like me... Its cause they play an important role in lifting for your back..... llok at each excersise you do.. look at the movment and range of motion... most of them your bicepts come into play!!!

well ..today is my back and bi's day so I will see how it goes...!!!!

MaxoutMike is offline Junior Member
    What works perfectly for me is training bi's BEFORE back. This gives me some great benefits:

* I can put 200% in my bi's workout cause i'm training them 1st
    * When i start back, my bi's are so fatigued that i can't even try to use 'em to cheat. Result: extra correct form
    * I can use just as heavy weights on my back as when i would train it first. This way, my back still gets the attention it needs.

Doesn't this sound logical? Give it a try, maybe it works for you too!

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    That is sooo true thats why i always work my bi's out first good shit man

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    I do biceps/Triceps the following day after back... They get SUPER pumped up when I do back but not overtrained.. Maybe a little pre exhausted before my bicep day, but I see that as good.

Yeah, I like what maxoutmike said..I might need to try that ..thanks

MaxoutMike is offline Junior Member
    Cool, no prob

Let me know how it turns out for ya

Thread Information