Jallen5 is offline New Member

starting back up

Here's the deal, I've been working out on and off for about 2 years now, I usually workout for 2-3 months and quit for the same amount of time, just havent been dedicated since I quit playing soccer. I always dread the first 2 weeks of getting back in the gym and the soreness that goes with it.

My question is, is how should I start back up again, is their a better way than others? Or should I just go back gun-ho? Right now, I will be taking xenadrine for energy and advocare protein shakes as my supplements.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    You might not want to go back to gungho cause you do not want to over do it on the first week and risk injury or being to sore to workout the rest of the week but you never know everyones bodies are different.

Super is offline Female Member
    Pete235 and I were talking about this the other day. It's hard to stay motivated when your primary objective was to be fit for your sport, and now you don't do the sport anymore.

Just jump back in to training! Listen carefully to your body, and if you think you are overdoing it, scale it back a bit. That's the nice thing about having a background in a sport, you know your body.

I personally enjoy the soreness that comes from knowing that I trained hard in the gym.
    Let your soul be your guide on your ship of dreams.

Never, never, never quit.

Abbaddon is offline New Member
    Just jump back in yes but if you want to do this seriously try to make it part of your lifestyle. Listen, Learn and think. The biggest part of all this is in your diet. With sites like this one(especially this one) you have the opportunity to learn at a very fast rate. Since your no longer in your sport you can make this your sport. There is always a challenge bacause after you attain your goals there are always new ones set as you compete against the reflection of the mirror.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    With your eating regimen go gung ho right away eat good and eat clean ( this will help your workouts big time ... I would do a 3 day workout the first 2 weeks then a 2 on1 off 2 on 2 off after that ... build up slowly and steadily ..... good luck

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Diet + Exercise + Rest = back to business

Thread Information